Comprehensive Coverage Begins Tonight at 7 p.m. ET With Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS Alongside Iconic 17th Hole at TPC Sawgrass
Peacock Streams All Live Championship and Studio Coverage on NBC and GOLF Channel
STAMFORD, Conn. – March 6, 2023 – NBC Sports will surround the 2023 PLAYERS Championship with comprehensive live championships and studio coverage across NBC, Peacock and GOLF Channel from The Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach., Fla., beginning tonight with Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS at 7 p.m. ET on GOLF Channel and Peacock.
Live championship coverage on GOLF Channel and Peacock begins Thursday and Friday at Noon ET, with NBC and Peacock carrying exclusive live weekend coverage beginning both days at 1 p.m. ET.
All live championship and studio coverage airing on NBC and GOLF Channel will stream live on Peacock.
NBC, GOLF Channel & Peacock Broadcast Team
- Host/Play by Play: Mike Tirico
- Play by Play: Dan Hicks
- Analyst: Paul Azinger / Brad Faxon / Paul McGinley
- Tower: Curt Byrum / Brad Faxon / Steve Sands
- On-Course: John Wood / Notah Begay III / Smylie Kaufman
- Essays: Jimmy Roberts
- Interview/Reports: Damon Hack
How To Watch – Thursday, March 9 – Sunday, March 12 (all times ET)
- TV – NBC, GOLF Channel
- Streaming – Peacock, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app
NBC Sports will utilize nearly 65 cameras around TPC Sawgrass to provide its more than 20 hours of live tournament coverage. Production elements and enhancements that viewers will see throughout this week’s coverage include:
- A 25-foot-high JitaCam overlooking the 18th tee along with tracing technology, pushing along with tee shots as they are struck to provide an enhanced perspective on the flight of the ball;
- A FlyCam that will run a span of 225 yards from the 16th green to the buildout behind the 17th hole to showcase the spectacle of the island green;
- Bunker Cam inside the bunker of the 17th hole island green;
- Atlas Cam – a depth-of-field camera to focus on specific players walking from shot to shot;
- Live drone and fixed-wing airplane coverage from high atop TPC Sawgrass;
- X-mo and super-slo-mo replays, as well as NBC Sports NBCeeIt zoom technology to make sure fans don’t miss a moment.
Studio coverage on GOLF Channel begins tonight at 7 p.m. ET with Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS, followed by full-day coverage on Tuesday and Wednesday which begins at 9 a.m. ET. Sky Sports commentator and former European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley joins the primetime Live From team this week at THE PLAYERS, working alongside host Rich Lerner and analyst Brandel Chamblee each night on GOLF Channel.
Live From THE PLAYERS Broadcast Team
- Host: Rich Lerner / Cara Banks / Damon Hack / Anna Jackson / George Savaricas
- Analyst: Brandel Chamblee / Paul McGinley / Mark Rolfing / Notah Begay III / Brad Faxon / Arron Oberholser
- Reporter: Todd Lewis / Jamie Diaz / Damon Hack / Steve Burkowski / Eamon Lynch
|Day||Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. – 5 p.m. / 7-9 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. – 5 p.m. / 7-9 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. – Noon / 6-8 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – Noon / 6-8 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. – 1 p.m. / 6-8 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. – 1 p.m. / 6-8 p.m.|
This week’s Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS studio coverage will be highlighted by a number of feature pieces, including:
- An in-depth conversation with Brandel Chamblee and Columbia Business School professor Mark Broadie, the founder of the Strokes Gained statistic who has been dubbed “The Godfather of Golf Analytics.” Broadie takes Chamblee through the origins of the Strokes Gained statistic using the 4th and 11th holes at TPC Sawgrass to illustrate how it has changed the way in which players and fans view the game;
- A story on Bandon Dunes caddie Alan “Juggy” Heyn, highlighted by a tribute from his fellow caddies and the amazing event that took place during a round at Bandon on Christmas Day this past year;
- An ode to ‘The Sound of the Strike,” examining the impact of what we hear in the game of golf – whether it’s a crisp iron, a crushed drive, or the putt rattling to the bottom of the cup.