The New York Yankees and Aaron Judge, who have clinched the American League East, visit the Tampa Bay Rays and Tommy Pham for a Major League Baseball telecast presented by Hankook Tire. As of Sept. 20, the Rays are tied with the Cleveland Indians for the second Wild Card spot as the Oakland Athletics hold a two-game lead for first place in the AL Wild Card.
ESPN Further Solidifies College Football Championship Weekend: ACC Football Championship Set for ABC’s Saturday Night Football on December 7; Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship on ABC at Noon ET Same Day
The post ESPN Further Solidifies College Football Championship Weekend: ACC Football Championship Set for ABC’s Saturday Night Football on December 7; Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship on ABC at Noon ET Same Day appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from Athens, Ga., for the fourth time in show history, ahead of No. 3 Georgia facing No. 7 Notre Dame.
The post A Dawg Fight: College GameDay Heads to Athens As No. 3 Georgia Hosts No. 7 Notre Dame appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
Steelers Wide Receiver Smith-Schuster Joins Mike Florio for New Episode of PFT PM
Rams Wide Receiver Brandin Cooks & Former NFL Offensive Lineman Ryan O’Callaghan Join The Peter King Podcast
NASCAR on NBC Podcast Now Available on YouTube Every Monday Throughout Playoffs
Alex Corbisiero’s The Scrum Down Podcast Relaunches Around the World Cup; First Episode Previews 2019 Rugby World Cup
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 19, 2019 – With the NFL heading into Week 3 of the 2019 season, Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster joins Mike Florio on PFT PM and Rams WR Brandin Cooks joins The Peter King Podcast, highlighting several new NFL podcast episodes this week across NBC Sports. Cooks, who had three catches for 74 yards and a touchdown at Los Angeles’ 27-9 win over New Orleans last week, is expected to start for the Rams when they visit the Browns this weekend on NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8:20 p.m. ET).
In addition to Cooks, former NFL offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghan also joins The Peter King Podcast, and Mike Tirico presents a new episode of The Mike Tirico Podcast featuring Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison and Mike Florio, as they recap Week 2 performances across the NFL. NBC Sports Regional Networks also continue to debut several NFL podcasts featuring exclusive interviews with top newsmakers.
In all, NBC Sports presents 20 new podcast episodes this week, including the kickoff of NASCAR on NBC’s special NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs podcast episodes, which will debut every Monday throughout the Playoffs on YouTube and break down each week’s Playoff race. In addition, rugby analyst Alex Corbisiero’s The Scrum Down podcast relaunches today, with a new episode dropping weekly discussing all things rugby as NBC Sports’ exclusive coverage of the Rugby World Cup 2019 begins tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN as Russia faces host-nation Japan.
New episodes for all podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBCSports.com/podcasts, NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart. Here is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- The Peter King Podcast: The Peter King Podcast is the ultimate destination for all things pro football. Led by one of the most influential storytellers in all of sports media, three-time NSMA Sportswriter of the Year Peter King delivers an access-driven experience that brings fans into the locker room, the press box, and the front office with the biggest influencers in professional football.
- On this week’s episodes: On Monday, King opens his mini podcast with his thoughts on Week 2 of this football season, discussing officiating, the Patriots, Patrick Mahomes’ superman qualities, and Kirk Cousins’ struggles. On Wednesday, King chats with former NFL offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghan about his book, My Life On The Line, in which he details the struggles he faced as a privately gay football player, dealing with homophobia, and more. In addition, King speaks with WR Brandin Cooks about other wide receivers he studies, and his good fortune of being coached by Sean Payton, Bill Belichick, and Sean McVay in just his first five years in the NFL.
- When: Monday, September 16 and Wednesday, September 18
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: Simms and Burmeister recap a chaotic and eventful Week 2 that saw a pair of Super Bowl winning QBs go down, a Hall of Famer struggle with a new system, and an offensive mastermind crack the code. The two also deep dive into the Eagles-Falcons and the Vikings-Packers games. On Wednesday, Phil Simms joined the show to review all the Week 2 film. Additionally, on Thursday Simms goes inside the numbers powered by AWS+ and provides additional XO white board breakdowns.
- When: Monday, September 16, Wednesday, September 18, & Thursday, September 19
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: From the Olympics, to The Open, to the NFL, Mike Tirico has covered some of the biggest sporting events in history. Join him as he shares insights from the broadcast booth and talks with special guests about their careers, sports, and life
- On this week’s episode: Tirico is joined by Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Florio to recap Week 2 of the NFL season. They talk injuries, replay reviews, and if the Cowboys have a weakness. In addition, they discuss whether the 0-2 teams can rebound, and who had the best win and the worst loss from last Sunday.
- When: Sunday, September 15
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: Florio is joined by Chris Simms to react to a chaotic Week 2. They debate when the Cowboys should pay Dak Prescott, how the Saints will look without Drew Brees, and if there is an 0-16 record in the Dolphins future. Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster also joins Florio to talk about Ben Roethlisberger’s injury, moving forward with Mason Rudolph, and the trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Lastly, Florio and Simms ponder whether it’s over for Cam Newton as a dominant quarterback, discuss Colin Kaepernick’s agent contacting QB-deficient teams, the Jets sticking with Luke Falk, and how the Steelers may be benching wide receiver Donte Moncrief.
- When: Monday, September 16, Tuesday, September 17, Wednesday September 18, Thursday, September 19, and Friday, September 20
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, John Daigle, Ian Hartitz, Hayden Winks, andPatrick “RotoPat” Daugherty give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: Josh Norris begins the week by calling the Rotoworld experts for a synopsis of each of Sunday’s games, touching on practically every fantasy relevant player. Then, the group reacts to Drew Brees being out for more than a month, Prescott and Jackson putting up Mahomes-type numbers, and the big struggle for the Dolphins. Additionally, they discuss Josh Jacobs’ surprising role in Oakland, and potential waiver options this week.
- When: Sunday, September 15, Tuesday, September 17, Thursday, September 19, and Friday, September 20
- Redskins Talk: The Redskins Talk podcast is anchored by NBC Sports Washington’s Redskins Insider JP Finlay and members of the Redskins coverage team, including Mitch Tischler and Pete Hailey, along with special guests. The cast brings a fresh and engaging style to interviews with Redskins players, coaches and alumni, as well as experts from around the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: This week’s podcast episodes begin with Finlay’s exclusive interview with Jay Gruden. Gruden shares how he plans to keep Washington together following their 0-2 start and opens up about his thoughts on the team’s conservative defensive game plan against Dallas as well as some pregame comments he made about Adrian Peterson’s running style. Then, the podcast features Finlay’s postgame chat with Peterson, who reflects on reaching yet another milestone, but also on the team’s disappointing start to the year.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Tom Curran’s Patriots Talk Podcast: NBC Sports Boston Patriots Insiders Tom E. Curran and Phil Perry break down every game, plus talk about the issues on and off the field with the team.
- On this week’s episode: On Tuesday’s episode, Curran starts off by discussing “What keeps Antonio Brown on this team?” Then, Matt Cassel joins Curran to talk about a variety of topics: Antonio Brown’s explosiveness, the Patriots’ offense, how to approach the Jets defense this week, and some Hall of Fame debates. Plus, Kyle Van Noy joins Curran to talk about his season debut in Miami, his newborn son, and the dominance of the Patriots’ defense.
- When: Tuesday, September 17 & Thursday, September 19
- 49ers Insider Podcast: 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco brings you comprehensive NFL coverage of all things San Francisco 49ers. Don’t miss weekly in-depth interviews all year long with players, coaches, front office personnel, alumni and fellow media members
- On this week’s episode: Maiocco visits with Joe Staley, Arik Armstead, Ronald Blair, Fred Warner, Raheem Mostert, Dante Pettis, and Laura Britt to talk about the week in Youngstown, the blowout win over the Bengals, and returning home to take on the Steelers.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- Eagle Eye: Rueben Frank and Dave Zangaro break down the key matchups, and discuss the key topics and issues surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles.
- On this week’s latest episode: On the latest Eagle Eye podcast, Reuben Frank and Dave Zangaro are joined by Ray Didinger to look at the loss of Tim Jernigan and other takeaways from the loss to the Falcons.
- When: Monday, September 16
- Under Center Podcast: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s team of Bears/NFL experts, the Under Center Podcast features lively discussion on the hottest pro football topics of the day, along with exclusive interviews with Bears players, coaches, and local/national NFL media members. New episodes of the Under Center Podcast and can be found daily throughout the duration of Bears Training Camp at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app.
- On this week’s episode: Laurence Holmes, Lance Briggs, Alex Brown, and Olin Kreutz review the game against the Broncos. They also discuss the Bears’ offense, Eddy Pineiro, and if the Bears can be Super Bowl contenders with the way they’re playing. On Thursday, the group hosts a roundtable pod from Halas Hall with the Bears team on site, and on Saturday, they preview Week 3’s game against the Redskins.
- When: Sunday, September 15, Thursday, September 19, and Saturday September 21
- NASCAR on NBC Podcast: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Ryan also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
- On this week’s episode: Steve Letarte discusses the eventful Round 1 opener at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including whether Kyle Busch had a point about backmarkers and their worthiness, why Busch is making mistakes lately, what the Las Vegas victory says about the championship worthiness of Martin Truex Jr., and why Truex’s success might irritate Busch. Plus, Letarte talks about the significance of winning the opener, what happened when Chase Elliott slowed to help William Byron stay on the lead lap, and Joey Logano’s up and down day.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- The Rory & Carson Podcast: Four-time major champion Rory McIlroy, and host of “The Voice” and “The Today Show” Carson Dalytake on topics from golf to grunge rock, TV to tunes, what’s on their playlists, and everything in between.
- On this week’s episode:Rory McIlroy and Carson Daly discuss McIlroy’s presumed rivalry with fellow pro Brooks Koepka, why he purposely avoided conversation with the world’s top-ranked player at the TOUR Championship, and if he was jealous of Koepka’s appearance in the ESPN Magazine’s Body Issue.
- When: Monday, September 16
- The Scrum Down with Alex Corbisiero: Hosted by Alex Corbisiero, The Scrum Down features regular guest Jonathan Fisher and input from other current Premiership Rugby players. A conversation on all things Rugby related from a player’s point of view.
- On this week’s episode: Dan Lyle, Brian Hightower, and Rupert Cox join Corbisiero to react to the Wales betting scandal, and to break down every pool of the World Cup. In addition, the guys look at how Team USA can define success in the tournament, and make their predictions for who will win it all.
- When: Thursday, September 19
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
- On this week’s episode: Mustoe and Earle reflect on a Premier League weekend that may feature the biggest shock of the season: Norwich City showed no fear as they beat Man City at Carrow Road. Liverpool continued their perfect start, and the Chelsea youth movement builds momentum. They dissect Arsenal’s defending, and how it cost them a two-goal lead. Plus, the Robbies take a deep dive into the recent Professional Game Match Officials Board admission that VAR has made mistakes this season.
- When: Sunday, September 15, and Thursday, September 19
- Premier League on NBC: NBC Sports’ Premier League newest podcast features interviews with the biggest names in the PL, a collection of spirited in-studio debates with Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe, Kyle Martino, and Rebecca Lowe and features exclusive on site-interviews and access with Arlo White, Lee Dixon, Graeme Le Saux, and Rebecca Lowe.
- On this week’s episode: The crew shares their thoughts on Liverpool’s continued perfect start, the Chelsea youth movement sinking Wolves, the shocking win for Norwich City against reigning Champions, Bournemouth’s comfortable win over Everton, a Watford comeback for Quique Sanchez Flores on his return to the league, David De Gea signing a new contract with Manchester United, and another passionate discussion about VAR mistakes in the new Boot Room segment.
- When: Monday, September 16
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: Vinnie Duber joins Garfien and McGuffey to talk about all the things that they learned in 2019. With the biggest offseason in recent team history coming up, they also discuss whether they think the White Sox can be contenders in 2020.
- When: Tuesday, September 17, and Thursday, September 19
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, featuring Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, and special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: Anthony Rizzo talks about his injury, Theo Epstein reacts to his injury, and Stuckmeyer, Andracki, and Kaplan discuss how the Cubs will fill the void in the lineup. On Thursday, the podcast crew previews the series against the Cardinals, and on Sunday, they recap the series against St. Louis and look ahead to the final week of the season.
- When: Sunday, September 15
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s DJ Short, Drew Silva, and Matt Stroup, and more members of the Rotoworld crewdetail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Chris Crawford discuss some prospects making noise late in the season and determine what it means for their fantasy outlook in the near and long-term future. They discuss Jesus Luzardo’s unfair arsenal, Gavin Lux’s potential conundrum next year, Kyle Lewis and Nico Hoerner’s increased power since arriving from Double-A, and an impressive power surge from Sean Murphy.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew as they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Stroup and Alexander look at five recent NBC headlines and their fantasy ramifications. They discuss whether load management will be a thing in Denver and Dallas, and why Zach LaVine may still have even more untapped fantasy potential. Plus, they tackle the latest in the saga of Markelle Fultz, and wrinkle for Summer League standout Tyler Herro.
- When: Wednesday, September 18
- Celtics Talk Podcast:The Celtics Talk podcast from NBC Sports Boston is hosted by Insiders Sherrod Blakely, Chris Forsberg, and Pre/Postgame host Kyle Draper. Guests include players, coaches, management and media members from around the NBA.
- On this week’s episode:Celtics center Enes Kanter sits down with Draper and Forsberg to talk about his crazy offseason of 50 free basketball camps around the country, how Gordon Hayward looks in workouts, and about Celtics head coach, Brad Stevens. Plus, he discusses the upcoming season, and his NBA 2k rating. Then, Blakely joins Draper and Forsberg to discuss the impact that playing for Team USA had on the Celtics, as well as Jaylen Brown’s impressive performance during FIBA.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
– NBC SPORTS –
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 19, 2019 – NBC Sports’ Sunday Night Football bus makes a trip to Cleveland this week ahead of Sunday night’s Rams-Browns game (coverage begins at 7 p.m. ET on NBC). This weekend’s game is the first time Cleveland will host an NBC SNF game since 2008.
The bus arrives this evening in Cleveland, Thursday, September 19. On Friday, September 20, the bus will visit WKYC from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET. Then, from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET, the bus will be at Kirtland High School for its homecoming game against Cuyahoga Heights. On Saturday, September 21, the bus will stop at Public Square from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. ET for the Top Dawg Block Party in the Square. On game day, Sunday, September 22, the bus will park at Lindsey’s Lake House Flats for game day from 2 p.m. until kick-off at 8:20 p.m. ET.
The schedule for this week:
|Friday, Sep. 20||11 – 1 a.m.||WKYC|
|Friday, Sep. 20||5:30 –8:30 p.m.||Kirtland High School|
|Saturday, Sep. 21||12 – 4 p.m.||Public Square|
|Sunday, Sep. 22||2 – 8 p.m.||Lindsey’s Lake House Flats|
The SNF bus continues to travel the country, making stops in the host cities of Sunday Night Football games, giving fans a behind-the-scenes look into the action of SNF broadcasts.
New features on board this season include the ability for fans to record content they can share directly to their social platforms, and new experiences include augmented reality mirrors in the locker room and a green screen booth to replicate the iconic player intros in the SNF broadcast.
In addition, fan favorites returning to the bus include the official Player of the Game Ball signed at the end of every SNF matchup, a replica Football Night in America desk, and a brand new On Her Turf photo experience celebrating the power of every football fan. The bus continues its journey this week making stops in the Cleveland-area ahead of the Sunday Night Football game as the Los Angeles Rams take on the Cleveland Browns.
ABOUT THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS
Since week 1, the bus has travelled to each SNF host city. In addition, the SNF Bus will also visit markets along the route without an SNF game on the schedule to give more fans a chance to join in on the experience. The bus will arrive in each host city two to three days prior to the game, making stops at local landmarks and events before heading to the game site. Once at the stadium, the Sunday Night Football bus will give fans the opportunity to interact with America’s most-watched primetime television show with exclusive activities and experiences.
The 2019 bus features football field decaling on the floor, and a replica of the Football Night in America studio where fans can grab a mic, and act as “special correspondents” for photos. From the augmented reality mirrors in the locker room and the @OnHerTurf display, to green screen booth to replicate the intros from the SNF broadcast, fans have numerous opportunities to interact and share memories from the bus directly to social media.
The full list of cities the SNF bus will be visiting throughout the season:
|3||22-Sep||Los Angeles Rams at Cleveland|
|4||29-Sep||Dallas at New Orleans|
|5||6-Oct||Indianapolis at Kansas City|
|6||13-Oct||Pittsburgh at Los Angeles Chargers|
|7||20-Oct||Philadelphia at Dallas|
|8||27-Oct||Green Bay at Kansas City|
|9||3-Nov||New England at Baltimore|
|10||10-Nov||Minnesota at Dallas|
|11||17-Nov||Chicago at Los Angeles Rams|
|12||24-Nov||Seattle at Philadelphia|
|13||1-Dec||Patriots at Texans|
|14||8-Dec||Seattle at Los Angeles Rams|
|15||15-Dec||Minnesota at Los Angeles Chargers|
|16||22-Dec||Kansas City at Chicago|
THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS BY THE NUMBERS
- The SNF bus will travel almost 20,000 miles across the country during the season.
- The bus will make stops in 12 unique locations, making stops in the host cities of all Sunday night games.
- It would take 50 footballs to make up the length of the SNFBus, and 46,000 footballs to equal the weight of the bus.
The Sunday Night Football bus also incorporates social media inside and out, with SNF’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts (@SNF on NBC) along with the #SNF hashtag displayed on the exterior.
A dedicated producer will collect photos and create videos of the bus’s travels and the cast of characters it encounters along the way. Life on the road with the Sunday Night Football bus is featured on the Sunday Night Football Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and NBC Sports on Snapchat.
NBC Sports to Present Unprecedented 250+ Hours of Rugby World Cup 2019 Matches & Programming
26 Matches Televised Live on NBCSN, Including All Team USA Matches and Rugby World Cup 2019 Final
NBC Sports Gold’s Direct-to-Consumer “Rugby World Cup Pass” to Live Stream All 48 Tournament Games – 22 Exclusively – Available Now for $199
The Story of Rugby Documentary Premieres Across NBC Sports on Sunday, September 22
STAMFORD, Conn. – Sept. 19, 2019 – The 2019 Rugby World Cup begins tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 20, when host-nation Japan faces Russia from Tokyo Stadium at 6:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Gold in the first Rugby World Cup ever to be hosted in Asia. Coverage begins at 6:00 a.m. ET on NBCSN.
Signifying the start of the tournament, NBC Sports Gold will present exclusive live coverage of the World Cup Opening Ceremony at 5:30 a.m. ET on Friday, ahead of the opening match.
NBC Sports’ Ahmed Fareed will host coverage of the opening match on NBCSN with studio analysts Alex Corbisiero, who played internationally for England, Brian Hightower, a former USA Rugby World Cup participant and USA Sevens captain, and Dan Lyle, former USA Rugby captain and Premiership Rugby player. Commentating the game from Japan will be Alastair Eykyn and co-commentator Martyn Williams, along with reporter Karl Tenana. Sky Sports’ Miles Harrison will also join the broadcast pre-match from Tokyo Stadium.
Click here to see quotes from Fareed, Corbisiero, Hightower, Lyle and Sky Sports’ Rupert Cox previewing the 2019 World Cup. Corbisiero’s The Scrumdown podcast relaunched today, with a new episode dropping weekly discussing all things rugby. In the first episode, Corbisiero previews the Rugby World Cup.
NBCSN will televise three matches throughout the tournament’s opening weekend:
- Friday, September 20 at 6:30 a.m. ET: Japan v. Russia
- Saturday, September 21 at 12:30 a.m. ET: Australia v. Fiji
- Sunday, September 22 at 6:00 a.m. ET: England v. Tonga
In addition, NBC Sports Gold, which will livestream all 48 tournament matches – including 22 matches exclusively to the subscribers of the direct-to-consumer package – from Japan commercial-free and on-demand, will present four matches live exclusively this weekend:
- Saturday, September 21 at 3:00 a.m. ET: France v. Argentina
- Saturday, September 21 at 5:30 a.m. ET: New Zealand v. South Africa
- Sunday, September 22 at 1:00 a.m. ET: Italy v. Namibia
- Sunday, September 22 at 3:30 a.m. ET: Ireland v. Scotland
The Story of Rugby, a stunning six-part documentary exploring the cultural history and impact of rugby around the world – from its origins through to the present day – premieres across NBC Sports platforms beginning this weekend. The series, consisting of six one-hour episodes, premieres on NBCSN this Sunday, Sept. 22, with the first two episodes beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET. Episodes three, four and five will air consecutively on Monday, Sept. 23, starting at noon ET. The sixth episode will premiere on Monday, Sept. 24, at midnight ET. All six episodes will be available commercial-free through the NBC Sports Gold Rugby World Cup Pass.
Over the course of the six-week tournament, NBC Sports will present more than 250 hours of Rugby World Cup 2019 matches, original programming and additional Rugby World Cup content, comprising the most comprehensive U.S. coverage of the Rugby World Cup ever.
Twenty-six of the tournament’s 48 matches will be shown live on NBCSN, and streamed via authentication on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. Some games will also be shown on delay on NBC.
The pool play round consists of 40 matches – divided amongst four pools consisting of five nations each – that run through Sunday, Oct. 13.
The quarterfinals will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19, and Sunday, Oct. 20, while the semifinals will be played on the following weekend of Saturday, Oct. 26, and Sunday, Oct. 27.
The Rugby World Cup Final will be held on Saturday, Nov. 2, from International Stadium Yokohama. Both semifinal matches and the World Cup Final will be available live on NBC Sports Gold and re-aired on NBC. NBCSN will also present live coverage of the 2019 Final.
NBC Sports Gold provides rugby fans with unprecedented access to Rugby World Cup 2019 with multiple direct-to-consumer live streaming passes, which include commercial-free coverage, live and on-demand, on desktop, mobile, tablet and connected TV devices.
Following are the NBC Sports Gold Rugby World Cup 2019 options available for purchase:
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- Available for $199.99 for the entire tournament ($4.15 per game)
- Includes all 48 matches live, commercial-free and on-demand
- 22 exclusive matches to be shown only on NBC Sports Gold
- Features exclusive original programming, daily pre- and post-day shows, extended match highlights and more
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass”
- Available for $29.99 for one pool play match
- “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass”
- “All-Access Premium Rugby Pass”
- Available for $229.99
- Includes all offerings from “Rugby Pass” and “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- “Rugby Pass” consists of all matches from the Premiership Rugby League, Six Nations Championship, Heineken Champions Cup and knockout phase matches of the European Rugby Cup Challenge
- “All-Access Premium Rugby Pass”
Rugby World Cup 2019 offerings are available to U.S. commercial establishments through the NBC Sports Pub Pass – a new customizable direct-to-consumer platform developed specifically for the retail pub/restaurant market in the U.S. Through the Rugby World Cup Pub Pass, all 48 tournament matches will be available live, commercial-free and on-demand.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 17 individual sports “passes” – twelve domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Premier League Match Day, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Rugby World Cup, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com, and also on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.
-2019 RUGBY WORLD CUP-
NEW YORK (Sept. 19, 2019) – The $1 million Pennsylvania Derby for 3-year-olds, led by Preakness Stakes winner War of Will, and the $1 million Cotillion Stakes for 3-year-old fillies, led by the undefeated Guarana, headline the “Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series – Presented by America’s Best Racing” broadcast this Saturday, Sept. 21 live on NBC at 5 p.m. ET from Parx Racing in Bensalem, Pa.
Saturday’s one-hour program from outside Philadelphia marks the eighth of 11 telecasts in the “Breeders’ Cup Challenge: Win and You’re In Series – Presented by America’s Best Racing” on NBC and NBCSN from some of America’s most iconic racetracks. The series leads to the 36th Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., on Nov. 1-2 on NBC and NBCSN. Complete series TV schedule can be accessed here: http://www.breederscup.com/challenge-series
NBC Sports’ coverage of the two Grade 1 races will feature commentary and discussion led by: Randy Moss, Jerry Bailey, Nick Luck, Britney Eurton, and Matt Bernier.
Gary Barber’s War of Will was a troubled and well-publicized eighth in the Kentucky Derby (moved up to seventh) then returned to win the Preakness for trainer Mark Casse. War of Will, who is 4-for-12 lifetime, also won the LeComte (G3) and Risen Star (G2) at Fair Grounds in New Orleans this winter, but has disappointed in his last two starts, running ninth in the Belmont in June and fifth in Saratoga’s Jim Dandy (G2) July 27.
WinStar Farm, China Horse Club International, and Starlight Racing’s Improbable is the 8-5 favorite for the Pennsylvania Derby, which will be run at 1 1/8 miles. Improbable was the favorite in the Kentucky Derby (G1) after running second in Oaklawn Park’s Rebel (G2) and Arkansas Derby (G1) earlier this year, but was a trouble-free fifth for trainer Bob Baffert. The son of City Zip then followed that up with a sixth as the favorite in the Preakness before bypassing the Belmont and aiming for a late-summer and fall campaign. Improbable returned to win the Del Mar’s Shared Belief Stakes on Aug. 25, his first win of the year.
Allied Racing Stable’s Mr. Money will step up in class following four lopsided grade 3 victories for trainer Bret Calhoun, most recently by six lengths in the West Virginia Derby at Mountaineer park Aug.3. The son of two-time Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile winner, Goldencents, clearly rates as the now horse, as he’s won those four starts by a combined 20 ¼ lengths.
The “Win and You’re In” Cotillion, run at 1 1/16 miles, is shaping up as one of the best races in the 3-year-old filly ranks this year, and will give the winner an automatic berth into the $2 million Longines Breeders’ Cup Distaff. Three Chimneys Farm’s Guarana is putting her undefeated record on the line for trainer Chad Brown. The daughter of 2004 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner, Ghostzapper, favored at 9-5, has been a dynamo in her three starts, winning her debut at Keeneland in April by 14 ¾ lengths, Belmont Park’s Acorn (G1) in June by 6 lengths, and then went wire-to-wire in taking Saratoga’s Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) July 19.
Competition runs deep, however, with Joel Politi’s Serengeti Empress taking another shot at Guarana after she set a torrid pace and was a clear second in the Acorn. The daughter of Alteration won the Kentucky Oaks (G1) at Churchill Downs in May for trainer Tom Amoss and has been as impressive in defeat as she has in victory, most notably a super second-place finish in Saratoga’s Test (G1) Aug. 3. Kaleem Shah’s Bellafina, who won the Santa Anita Oaks (G1) in April for trainer Simon Callaghan but was just fifth in the Kentucky Oaks and a distant third in the Test, brings some star power, as does DJ Stable’s Jaywalk, who won last year’s Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies at Santa Anita for trainer John Servis but is just 1-for-5 since.
About Breeders’ Cup
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2019 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 14 championship races (13 Grade 1 events and one Grade 2 race) with purses and awards totaling more than $30 million, will be held on November 1-2 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., and will be televised live by the NBC Sports Group. Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Cup website, www.breederscup.com. You can also follow the Breeders’ Cup on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
NBC SPORTS GROUP AND HORSE RACING: NBC Sports Group is the exclusive home to the most important and prestigious events in horse racing, including the Triple Crown, the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Royal Ascot, and Pegasus World Cup Invitational Series. NBC has been the exclusive home of the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes since 2001, and the Belmont Stakes since 2011, when NBC Sports Group reassembled the Triple Crown. The 2019 Kentucky Derby posted a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 16.5 million viewers across NBC and NBC Sports Digital platforms – up 10% from last year’s race (15.0 million) featuring eventual Triple Crown winner Justify and marking television’s largest Saturday audience since the NFL Divisional Playoffs (Jan. 12, 2019).
ESPN has reached a new multiyear deal with the West Coast Conference (WCC) through 2026-27, beginning with the upcoming college basketball season.
The post ESPN Reaches New Multi-Year Deal with West Coast Conference appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
UFC Fight Night on ESPN+: Rodriguez vs. Stephens in Mexico City streams exclusively on ESPN+ this Saturday, September 21, at 5 p.m. ET from Arena Ciudad de Mexico. The main event features a featherweight matchup between Mexico’s Yair Rodriguez (12-2-0) and Jeremy Stephens (28-16-0). UFC Live returns to ESPN2 on Friday night, providing fans with exclusive takes on the biggest news, stars and stories tailored to UFC Fight Night: Mexico City. For the first time, every single fight on the card will be available for individual fight-by-fight replay on ESPN+.
The post UFC Fight Night on ESPN+: Rodriguez vs. Stephens in Mexico City appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
ESPN Films will debut a new documentary from its 30 for 30 Shorts series, “Mack Wrestles,” on Sunday, September 22, at 2 p.m. ET on ESPN and 4:30 p.m. ET on ABC. The 25-minute film premiered at SXSW Film Festival earlier this year and has screened at numerous film festivals including Tribeca, Dallas, Inside Out, AFI Docs and Frameline.
The post <em>30 for 30 Shorts</em> Documentary “Mack Wrestles” to Premiere Sunday on ESPN appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..