GOLF Central Live From the U.S. Open Provides More Than 40 Hours of Live On-Site Pre- and Post-Championship Coverage
Live From Coverage Includes Features on the 2008 U.S. Open, Bryson DeChambeau, Rocco Mediate, Lanto Griffin, and More
NBC Sports Presents More Than 45 Hours of Live U.S. Open Championship Coverage from Torrey Pines Golf Course Thursday-Sunday Across NBC, GOLF Channel & Peacock; 100-Plus Hours Including Featured Groups
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 14, 2021 – NBC Sports will surround the 2021 U.S. Open with more than 40 hours of live studio coverage on GOLF Central Live From the U.S. Open this week on-site from Torrey Pines in San Diego, Calif., beginning today at 1 p.m. ET on GOLF Channel.
GOLF Central Live From the U.S. Open will provide wall-to-wall live coverage today, Tuesday and Wednesday, followed by live pre- and post-round analysis and insights each day on GOLF Channel Thursday-Sunday.
GOLF Central Live From the U.S. Open
- Hosts: Rich Lerner / Cara Banks / Shane Bacon
- Analysts: Brandel Chamblee / Justin Leonard / David Duval / Arron Oberholser / Mark Rolfing / Notah Begay III / Paige Mackenzie
- Reporters: Todd Lewis / Jamie Diaz / Steve Burkowski / Damon Hack
|Date||Golf Central – Live From the U.S. Open*|
|Monday, June 14||1-4 p.m. / 7-9 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 15||11 a.m.-9 p.m.|
|Wednesday, June 16||11 a.m.-9 p.m.|
|Thursday, June 17||8-10:30 a.m. / 10 p.m.-Midnight|
|Friday, June 18||8-10:30 a.m. / 10 p.m.-Midnight|
|Saturday, June 19||8-11 a.m. / 9-11 p.m.|
|Sunday, June 20||8-10 a.m. / 8-10 p.m.|
|*all times ET, post-round coverage begins following conclusion of play|
U.S. Open news coverage also will be complemented by several dedicated features appearing within Golf Central Live From the U.S. Open, as well as across GOLF Channel’s digital and social media platforms, including:
- Through the Lens – Looking back at the 2008 U.S. Open through one fan’s camera angle
- Lanto Griffin: Not Alone – The emotional story about Griffin losing his father and the support of his first swing coach, Steve Prater
- Rocco Mediate – Rich Lerner sits down the with 2008 U.S. Open runner-up
- Bryson DeChambeau – A look at how DeChambeau’s decision to transform his body led to the 2020 U.S. Open title
- Walker Cup – A recap of this year’s Walker Cup, which was won by the United States
NBC Sports presents comprehensive live coverage of the 2021 U.S. Open across NBC, GOLF Channel and Peacock, beginning Thursday, June 17 through Sunday, June 20 from Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego, Calif.
Over the course of the week, more than 30 on-air talent will provide live coverage, including featured groups, studio and news coverage across NBC, GOLF Channel, and Peacock.
In total, NBC Sports will provide more than 45 hours of live championship coverage Thursday-Sunday – and a staggering 100-plus hours of live coverage from Torrey Pines including featured groups and featured holes coverage.
Click here for NBC Sports’ comprehensive coverage schedule.