“Rugby World Cup Pass” to Live Stream All 48 Tournament Games – 22 Exclusively Live – and Original Programming for 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan; Available Now for $199
Individual World Cup Pool Play Matches Available for Purchase Through “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass”
Russia v. Host Nation Japan Begins Tournament in Three Days on Friday, Sept. 20, at 6:45 a.m. ET
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 17, 2019 – All 48 Rugby World Cup 2019 matches will be available live, commercial-free and on-demand on NBC Sports Gold through the “Rugby World Cup Pass” and “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass” when the tournament begins in three days on Friday, September 20. Twenty-two matches will be presented live exclusively to the subscribers of the direct-to-consumer package.
NBC Sports Gold provides rugby fans with unprecedented access to Rugby World Cup 2019 with multiple direct-to-consumer live streaming passes, which include commercial-free coverage, live and on-demand, on desktop, mobile, tablet and connected TV devices.
Signifying the start of the tournament, NBC Sports Gold will present exclusive live coverage of the World Cup Opening Ceremonies at 5:30 a.m. ET on Friday, ahead of the opening match between Russia and host-nation Japan at 6:45 a.m. ET on NBCSN and Gold.
In pool play, two games each from the following nations will be available live exclusively on Gold: Wales (ranked No. 1 in the world), New Zealand (No. 2), Ireland (No. 3) South Africa (No. 4) and England (No. 5). In the knockout round, two quarterfinal matches will also be presented live exclusively on Gold.
Highlights of live exclusive Gold matches in pool play include:
- Saturday, September 21 at 3:15 a.m. ET: France v. Argentina
- Saturday, September 21 at 5:45 a.m. ET: New Zealand v. South Africa
- Sunday, September 22 at 3:45 a.m. ET: Ireland v. Scotland
- Saturday, September 28 at 3:15 a.m. ET: Japan v. Ireland
- Sunday, September 29 at 3:45 a.m. ET: Australia v. Wales
- Saturday, October 5 at 4 a.m. ET: England v. Argentina
- Saturday, October 12 at 4:15 a.m. ET: England v. France
The Ireland v. Scotland match (Pool A), New Zealand v. South Africa match (Pool B), England v. France match (Pool C), and Australia v. Wales match (Pool D), which will all be presented live exclusively on Gold, have the potential to be pool-deciding contests in each of the four groups.
Following are the NBC Sports Gold Rugby World Cup 2019 options available for purchase:
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- Available for $199.99 for the entire tournament ($4.15 per game)
- Includes all 48 matches live, commercial-free and on-demand
- 22 exclusive live matches to be shown only on NBC Sports Gold
- Features exclusive original programming, daily pre- and post-day shows, extended match highlights and more
- “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass”
- Available for $29.99 for one pool play match
- “All-Access Premium Rugby Pass”
- Available for $229.99
- Includes all offerings from “Rugby Pass” and “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
In addition to NBC Sports Gold, twenty-six of the 48 matches will be shown live on NBCSN, and streamed via authentication on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. Some games will also be shown on delay on NBC. For more information, click here.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 17 individual sports “passes” – twelve domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Premier League Match Day, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Rugby World Cup, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com, and also on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.