NEW YORK–May 4, 2023- NBCUniversal has fortified its individual partnerships with major social media platforms Snapchat and Twitter, with each company individually signed on to amplify NBCU’s coverage of the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games Paris 2024. These new and expanded partnerships further demonstrate the value of big media and big tech aligning to super-serve audiences the content they love and want, while providing incremental reach and scale for advertisers. Both companies announced their respective NBCU agreement at their Newfront presentation earlier in the week.
The highly engaged U.S. audiences of Snapchat and Twitter will be connected with NBCU’s unprecedented coverage of the Olympic and Paralympic competition, the athletes, the spectacular host city of Paris, and the Games’ most unforgettable moments.
The partnerships build upon similar agreements that were in place for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Paris 2024 agreements include:
Twitter Partnership Highlights:
- Pre-Games Countdown Coverage: Beginning in February 2024 and counting down until the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on July 26, 2024, Twitter will feature NBCU’s pre-Games coverage including Olympic-related competition highlights, key U.S. Olympic Team Trials moments, and a “Paris 25-Day Countdown” featuring daily athlete or event clips leading into the Opening Ceremony.
- In-Game Highlights: Throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Games, NBC Olympics will feature many of the most memorable and engaging moments and key highlights on its Twitter handle and in Spanish on the Telemundo Sports Twitter account. Highlights will include medal-winning moments as well as those from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- Exclusive Twitter Live Show: NBC Olympics will produce and publish a daily live show on Twitter. This original content will feature Olympic coverage highlights, athlete interviews and happenings in and around the host city and will include interactive engagements to drive conversation amongst fans.
- All content will live on the @NBCOlympics handle.
Snapchat Partnership Highlights:
- Daily In-Game Highlights: Throughout the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, NBCUniversal will produce highlight-centered daily shows covering real-time special moments, athlete features and more.
- Custom Olympic and Paralympic Content: Custom Olympic and Paralympic Content: NBCUniversal will bring custom content to Snapchat including daily Stories from the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, plus content on Snapchat’s Spotlight tab every day of the Olympics, and compelling experiential content delivered by a roster of Snap Stars immersed in Paris. There will also be custom AR experiences available in the Snapchat camera to help Snapchatters express their fandom. All content will live on the official NBC Olympics Snapchat account.
- All content will live on the NBC Olympics handle.
“At NBCUniversal, we’re working with social media platforms to maximize the unique strengths of each platform and deliver the greatest impact for advertisers,” said Dan Lovinger, President Olympic Ad Sales and LA28 Sponsorships. “With Twitter and Snapchat specifically, we are excited to combine the scale and tonality of these platforms with the largest and most highly anticipated media event of the decade– presenting endless opportunities for our marketing partners to reach and engage fans across the U.S.”
These renewed collaborations represent the latest leap in NBCUniversal’s commitment to partnership. By investing in technology and deepening relationships with new and longstanding partners, NBCU has expanded its One Platform to reach one billion people. Now, One Platform’s unmatched social partnerships will deliver more content for viewers and advertisers alike.