World’s Oldest Rugby Championship Continues this Saturday, Feb. 27 at 9:15 a.m. ET with First of Two Round 3 Matches Live on Peacock Premium; NBCSN to Present Same-Day Encores
Studio Hosts: Ahmed Fareed, Alex Corbisiero
STAMFORD, Conn. & NEW YORK, NY – Feb. 25, 2021 – NBC Sports’ coverage of the 2021 Guinness Six Nations Rugby Championship continues this Saturday, Feb. 27 with two Round 3 matches of the world’s oldest rugby championship. All matches will be live in the morning on Peacock Premium, with same-day encores on NBCSN.
NOTE: Six Nations organizers announced that the France v. Scotland Round 3 match has been postponed due to health concerns related to the coronavirus.
- Studio Hosts – Ahmed Fareed and Alex Corbisiero, who played for England in the Six Nations Championship in 2011 and 2012 (England won the Six Nations title in 2011)
HOW TO WATCH – SATURDAY, FEB. 27
- Streaming – Peacock Premium (LIVE)
- TV – NBCSN (same-day delay)
|Sat., Feb. 27||Italy v. Ireland (LIVE)||9:15 a.m.||Peacock Premium|
|Italy v. Ireland *||12:30 p.m.||NBCSN|
|Sat., Feb. 27||Wales v. England (LIVE)||11:45 a.m.||Peacock Premium|
|Wales v. England *||2:30 p.m.||NBCSN|
|POSTPONED||France v. Scotland|
2021 SIX NATIONS TABLE
- Wales, who have topped Ireland and Scotland in their first two matches of this year’s tournament, would earn the ‘Triple Crown’ with a victory over England this weekend.
- England bounced back from an opening-round defeat to Scotland to beat Italy, 41-18, in Round 2.
- Scotland look to rebound from a 25-24 home loss to Wales in Round 2, snapping their record four-match Six Nations winning streak.
- Ireland fell to France, 15-13, at home in Round 2, and have lost three straight Six Nations matches dating back to last year, their longest losing streak in the Six Nations era (since 2000).
- Italy enter Round 3 on a 29-match Six Nations losing streak after falling to England, 41-18, in Round 2.
- The France Scotland match has been postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak within the French squad that has sidelined 11 players who tested positive, including captain Charles Ollivon, star scrum-half Antoine Dupont, and head coach Fabien Galthie.
NBC Sports’ Six Nations coverage is part of an extensive collection of rugby programming across NBC Sports platforms which spans the calendar year, including the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Gallagher Premiership Rugby, the HSBC Sevens Series, and the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.
Rugby offerings are available to U.S. commercial establishments through the NBC Sports Pub Pass – a customizable direct-to-consumer platform developed specifically for the retail pub/restaurant market in the U.S. Through the Six Nations Championship, all tournament matches will be available live, commercial-free and on-demand.
Peacock currently features live sports content from Premier League, US Speed Skating, Figure Skating, Rugby, Supercross, Skiing, and Snowboarding. Highlights of Peacock’s previous live sports offerings include a Sunday NFL Wild Card playoff game, U.S. Open golf, U.S. Women’s Open golf, and upcoming events include Olympics and Paralympics coverage. Peacock Originals available on demand include Lost Speedways, hosted by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and In Deep with Ryan Lochte. Peacock offers daily sports programming on the NBC Sports channel which streams Peacock Original Brother from Another, as well as The Dan Patrick Show, PFT Live, and The Rich Eisen Show.
Viewers can sign up for Peacock at peacocktv.com. Peacock is currently available on the Roku platform; Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD; Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices; Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X; Sony PlayStation4 and PlayStation 4 Pro; and VIZIO SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs. Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.
Peacock is NBCUniversal’s streaming service. Peacock delivers a world-class slate of exclusive originals, on-demand libraries of hit TV shows, plus critically acclaimed films from the vaults of Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and Hollywood’s biggest studios. In addition, Peacock taps into NBCUniversal’s unmatched ability to deliver a broad range of compelling topical content across news, sports, late-night, Spanish-language and reality. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.