November 12, 2015
World of X Games Rolls Out Snow-Focused Shows for 2015-2016 Winter Season
Real Snow Backcountry Kicks Off Season with Video Part Voting Now Live on XGames.com
World of X Games, a weekly program on ABC and ESPN platforms featuring a variety of X Games and athlete-focused content, will roll out new winter-focused episodes beginning with the return of Real Snow Backcountry, an hour-long show featuring five of the world’s best backcountry snowboarders. Athletes will compete for X Games medals and winners will be announced in the Sunday, November 22 show on ABC.
In conjunction with the final show on ABC, Real Snow Backcountry will again give fans a chance to vote online for “best video” from Wednesday, November 11 through November 22 at 11:59 p.m. PT on XGames.com. X Games medals will be awarded to both the rider and their filmer chosen by the fellow competitors and filmers themselves during the telecast. The fan vote winner will be announced on XGames.com November 23.
Featured athletes include:
- John Jackson (Crowley Lake, Calif.) – Winner of both TransWorld and Snowboarder “Rider of the Year” Award in 2010 as well as “Video Part of the Year” for both magazines in 2010 and 2011.
- Jeremy Jones (Truckee, Calif.) – Big mountain pioneer and legend named Snowboarder’s “Big Mountain Rider of the Year” 11 times and was named by National Geographic as “Explorer of the Year” in 2012.
- Kazu Kokubo (Hokkaido, Japan) – One of the most stylish riders in both the halfpipe and backcountry, Snowboarder ranked Kazu number four on their 2015 “Rider of the Year” list.
- Gigi Ruf (Bregenz, Austria) – Real Snow Backcountry 2012 silver medalist and voted two-time “Rider of the Year” by Snowboarder and TransWorld.
- Mikkel Bang (Oslo, Norway) – Former slopestyle-turned-natural terrain rider, Mikkel’s latest video part with Burton earned him “Video Part of the Year” from TransWorld, Playboard and the Norwegian Snowboard Federation.
In addition, World of X Games will feature additional winter-focused shows leading up to X Games Aspen 2016 and the X Games Oslo Preview through the Anthology shows in the New Year. Shows will include defending X Games Snowboard SuperPipe gold medalist Danny Davis’ “Peace Park” show, X Games Snowboard Slopestyle and Big Air gold medalist Mark McMorris’ film, “In Motion,” “Being Vol. 4,” highlighting Jamie Anderson, Stale Sandbech, Sammy Carlson and Jeremy Jones; and X Games and Olympic Snowboard Slopestyle medalist Sage Kotsenburg’s film “The Other Side.”
The confirmed World of X Games winter-focused shows are as follows:
|Air Date||Show Title||Start Time (ET)||Start Time (PT)|
|Sun, Nov. 22||Real Snow Backcountry||1 p.m.||1 p.m.|
|Sun, Nov. 29||Peace Park||2 p.m.||12 p.m.|
|In Motion||2:30 p.m.||12:30 p.m.|
|Sat, Dec. 5||Being, Vol. 4||4 p.m.||7 p.m. **|
|Sat, Dec. 12||Sage Kotsenburg’s “The Other Side”||2 p.m.||12 p.m.|
|Sat, Jan. 9||Best of Real Series 2015||1 p.m.||4 p.m. **|
|Sat, Jan. 16||X Games Golden Moments||3 p.m.||1 p.m.|
|Sat, Jan. 23||X Games Aspen Preview Show||1:30 p.m.||4:30 p.m. **|
|Sat, Feb. 6||X Games Aspen 2016 Anthology||1 p.m.||11 a.m.|
|Sat, Feb. 13||Best of Aspen 2016||2 p.m.||1 p.m.|
*Schedule subject to change
**Please note some shows are not tape delayed
For the most updated schedule and information on World of X Games, go to www.xgames.com. Check local listings for additional details.