Olympic Gold Medalists Chloe Kim, Red Gerard, Jamie Anderson and David Wise Headline American Contingent
Peacock Premium is Streaming Home of Winter Olympic Sports
STAMFORD, Conn. – March 11, 2021 – The world freestyle skiing and snowboarding championships from Aspen Snowmass in Aspen, Colo., begin tomorrow across NBC Sports and Peacock Premium, with live coverage beginning with snowboard slopestyle at 11:30 a.m. ET on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA and Peacock Premium.
A number of American contenders are competing in the snowboard events, including 2018 Olympic gold medalists Chloe Kim and Red Gerard, and two-time Olympic gold medalist Jamie Anderson. The freestyle skiing American contingent is headlined by two-time Olympic gold medalist David Wise and 2018 Olympic bronze medalist Brita Sigourney.
World championship events in freestyle skiing were split between Idre Fjall, Sweden, Almaty, Kazakhstan, and Aspen, Colo. Aspen Snowmass will host big air, halfpipe and slopestyle events in both snowboarding and freeskiing.
All live events will stream on Peacock Premium, including exclusive live coverage of freeski slopestyle at 11:30 am ET on Saturday. All television coverage also streams on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
- Play-by-play: Todd Harris / Bill Spaulding
- Analyst: Todd Richards, U.S. Olympian and World Snowboarding Champion
- Analyst: Tom Wallisch, World Cup freestyle gold medalist
HOW TO WATCH
- TV – NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
- Streaming – com, NBC Sports app and Peacock Premium
|Fri., March 12||Snowboard Slopestyle||11:30 a.m.||Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, Peacock Premium|
|Freeski Halfpipe||3 p.m.||Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, Peacock Premium|
|Sat., March 13||Freeski Slopestyle||11:30 a.m.||Peacock Premium|
|Freeski Slopestyle*||1 p.m.||Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA|
|Snowboard Halfpipe||3 p.m.||Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, Peacock Premium|
|Sun., March 14||Snowboard Halfpipe*||Noon||NBC|
|Tues., March 16||Freeski Big Air||Noon||NBCSN, Peacock Premium|
|Freeski Slopestyle*||1:30 p.m.||NBCSN|
|Snowboard Big Air||3:30 p.m.||NBCSN, Peacock Premium|
Note: schedule is subject to change
TOP AMERICAN COMPETITORS
- Chloe Kim: 2018 Olympic gold medalist in halfpipe and is the defending women’s snowboard halfpipe world champion.
- Red Gerard: 2018 Olympic gold medalist in slopestyle.
- Jamie Anderson: Two-time Olympic gold medalist in slopestyle, tied for most decorated snowboarder all-time at the Olympics with three medals.
- Freestyle Skiing:
- David Wise: Two-time Olympic gold medalist, who became the first Olympic champion in men’s ski halfpipe when the sport debuted at the Olympics in 2014.
- Brita Sigourney: 2018 Olympic bronze medalist in halfpipe.