ESPN2’s Big Monday presented by Bud Light schedule – showcasing the best Division I women’s basketball programs in the nation – features 10 games over seven consecutive weeks, highlighted by three February doubleheaders, in the seventh year of the game-of-the-week series. The slate of games, all on ESPN2, tip off on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, Jan 21, at 7 p.m. ET with early season favorites – No. 3 Duke at No. 2 Connecticut.
All games will be available through WatchESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com and through smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
- All 13 teams in the Big Monday schedule are 2012 NCAA Championship participants, including three Final Four teams – Baylor, Connecticut and Notre Dame.
- The month of February features three straight weeks of doubleheaders at 7 & 9 p.m., beginning on Feb. 4 with Purdue at Penn State and Texas A&M at LSU.
- The Feb. 18 doubleheader featuring Kentucky at Texas A&M and Baylor at Connecticut are part of the annual Play 4Kay campaign.
- ACC, BIG EAST, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC programs will make-up this year’s schedule.
- Defending national champion Baylor will make two appearances against potential top-10 teams – at Connecticut on Feb. 18 and at Oklahoma on Feb. 25.
- BIG EAST foes Connecticut and Notre Dame will each have three games on the schedule, including a season-ending matchup in South Bend, Ind., on March 4.
- Twelve teams are ranked in an early preseason poll by ESPN.com columnist Charlie Creme, including No. 1 Baylor, No. 2 Connecticut, No. 3 Duke, No. 4 Maryland, No. 5 Kentucky, No. 7 Penn State, No. 8 Notre Dame, No. 11 Louisville, No. 12 Oklahoma, No. 17 Texas A&M, No. 18 Purdue and No. 21 Tennessee.
- The Big Monday slate features two of the most touted women’s basketball seniors in the nation – 2012 consensus national player of the year Baylor senior Brittney Griner and Notre Dame senior All-American Skylar Diggins.
- Five returning WBCA Coaches’ All-America Team members – Baylor’s Griner and junior Odyssey Sims, Notre Dame’s Diggins, Connecticut junior Bria Hartley and Maryland junior Alyssa Thomas.
ESPN Women’s Basketball Big Monday presented by Bud Light schedule (subject to change)
|Jan 21||7 p.m.||Duke at Connecticut||ESPN2|
|Jan 28||7 p.m.||Notre Dame at Tennessee||ESPN2|
|Feb 4||7 p.m.||Purdue at Penn State||ESPN2|
|9 p.m.||Texas A&M at LSU||ESPN2|
|Feb 11||7 p.m.||Maryland at Duke||ESPN2|
|9 p.m.||Louisville at Notre Dame||ESPN2|
|Feb 18||7 p.m.||Play 4Kay: Kentucky at Texas A&M||ESPN2|
|9 p.m.||Play 4Kay: Baylor at Connecticut||ESPN2|
|Feb 25||7 p.m.||Baylor at Oklahoma||ESPN2|
|Mar 4||7 p.m.||Connecticut at Notre Dame||ESPN2|
For full coverage, video highlights and live updates – visit the espnW.com’s women’s basketball site.
The regular-season basketball schedule will be announced at a later date.