– “This is an example of the new rule change that was implemented for the 2013 season. When you look at the play, number 94 of New England pushes number 74 into the offensive formation. That is a violation of the rule. It is a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness. It was put in for player safety and it is the correct call.” – NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino explaining the penalty against the New England Patriots on a New York Jets field goal attempt in overtime
– “I am happy. My hat is off to Devin Hester. He is like a little brother to me. I love him and I am praying he does break the record because he is the best return man to have ever played this game — ever. His natural instincts, ability, [and] longevity is all of that. Love this kid.” – Deion Sanders on Chicago Bears’ Devin Hester tying Sanders’ NFL-record of 19 returns for a touchdown
– “[After being sacked by Robert Mathis,] the velocity of Peyton Manning’s throws changed. The balls came out of his hand dead.” – Marshall Faulk on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning who was defeated by the Indianapolis Colts
– “A lot of his balls were hanging in the air; he wasn’t driving it – especially the ones down the field.” – Kurt Warner on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning’s performance against the Indianapolis Colts
– “Pep Hamilton was more aggressive in the first half than I have seen him all year long.” – Kurt Warner on Indianapolis Colts first year offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton game plan against the Denver Broncos
– “I don’t want to say the Colts are best team in the AFC, but I like where they are and they are growing on both sides of the ball and special teams as well.” – Marshall Faulk on the 5-2 Indianapolis Colts
– “Underrated is Andrew Luck’s ability to move in the pocket and, once he gets out, how he can extend the play. That is just a dynamic Peyton never brought to this offense.” – Marshall Faulk on Andrew Luck who had four rushes for 29 yards and a touchdown in the victory over the Denver Broncos. It was Luck’s eighth rushing touchdown of his career.
– “The Packers always have young receivers ready to step up. A couple of years ago it was Randall Cobb, this year it is Jarrett Boykin.” – Marshall Faulk on the Green Bay Packers and wide receiver Jarrett Boykins who had eight receptions for 103 yards and touchdown today
– “When Ben Roethlisberger stops holding the ball and throws the ball on time, they… win.” – Deion Sanders on the Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger who have now won back-to-back games
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
What Happened to Peyton? – Why did Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning seem to struggle against the Indianapolis Colts? The NFL GameDay Final analysts speculate on what happened:
The Amazing Luck – The NFL GameDay Final analysts break down the phenomenal performance by Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and explain why he is so special:
Geno Smith’s Progression – New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith had an impressive performance and NFL GameDay Final breaks it down:
About NFL GameDay Highlights
Every Sunday evening at 7:30 PM ET, NFL Network recaps the afternoon action with NFL GameDay Highlights. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, Steve Mariucci and LaDainian Tomlinson provide highlights, analysis and set the stage for Sunday Night Football.
About NFL GameDay Final
Every Sunday night at 11:30 PM ET, recap the complete day in the NFL with NFL GameDay Final. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and LaDainian Tomlinson put the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis. This week, Kurt Warner joined the show.