The Top 100: Players of 2011 Preview Show Airs Draft Week, Wednesday, April 27 at 8:30 PM ET on NFL Network
The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions Immediately Follows Each Episode Bringing Debate from Analysts and Fans
Launch of NFL.com/Top100 Website Features Interactive Voting Functions and Bonus Content, Also Available on NFL Mobile
With the debut of NFL Network’s newest series The Top 100: Players of 2011 two weeks away, several complementary programs and interactive features are set to launch on NFL Media’s variety of platforms in advance of the series premiere Saturday, April 30 at 8:00 PM ET, immediately following Day 3 coverage of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Brought to you by the Emmy award-winning producers at NFL Films, the 10-part series showcases the exclusive rankings of players determined by those that know them best – current NFL players. Following the series debut April 30, the series continues in its regular time of Sundays at 8:00 PM ET, beginning May 8.
While viewers have to wait until the April 30 premiere to see how the rankings unfold, here are interesting statistics on the 100 players that will be revealed over 10 episodes:
- Quarterbacks are only the third-most represented position on the list with 12. Wide receivers are the top position represented with 18 ranked players, followed by defensive ends with 13.
- The Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers are tops in team representation with 7 players
- Three 2010 rookies appear on the list
- 57 of the 100 ranked players are first-round draft picks
- Only one Heisman Trophy winner made the cut of 100.
- No kickers or punters made the top 100.
With 10 players featured in each episode, each player on the list is presented by an individual close to the subject, from a coach to a rival on the field. Some of the presenters include:
- Peyton Manning
- Bill Belichick
- Maurice Jones-Drew
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Sean Payton
- Brian Westbrook
- Andy Reid
- Terrell Owens
The new series not only gives players a voice on the best NFL players of today, but the surrounding content on NFL Media platforms includes interactive elements that allows fans to share their thoughts on the series in a variety of ways and vote for their favorite players. Additional information on the series, including extra footage, video content and factoids on the rankings are also accessible to viewers and fans.
The Top 100: Players of 2011 Preview Show Offers Advance Look Inside Series
Before the 10-part series gets underway, The Top 100: Players of 2011 Preview Show, airing Wednesday, April 27 at 8:30 PM ET offers a sneak peek into the players and stories fans can expect to see and hear. Hosted by Michelle Beisner on the streets of New York City, the 30-minute special takes an inside look into the making of the innovative new series that ranks today’s top 100 players, as determined by the players themselves, and offers an explanation as to how the list was developed.
The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions Blends Debate and Discussion by NFL Network Analysts and Fans
Immediately following each episode of The Top 100: Players of 2011, The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions takes a closer look at the countdown with analysis and commentary from NFL Network analysts, special guests and fans. The show will spark debates and give viewers a voice through the use of fan comments about the series posted on NFL.com, Facebook and Twitter. Other highlights include:
- Lindsay Soto hosts alongside a rotation of analysts including Brian Baldinger, Charles Davis, Jamie Dukes, Jay Glazer, Torry Holt, Warren Sapp and Solomon Wilcots.
- Live, real-time ticker scrolls fan comments and thoughts posted via Facebook, Twitter, NFL.com and text.
- “Who Got Snubbed” segment looks at players who analysts and viewers believed were overlooked in the countdown.
- Use of NFL.com fan vote rankings with analysis and comparison to player rankings.
NFL.com/Top100 Provides Additional Footage, Content and More
- Fans can vote on their top 100 players of today, with the results of the fan rankings corresponding with that episode’s player vote being revealed on The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions. Online fan voting ends June 3, 2011.
- Links to NFL.com and NFL Network Twitter and Facebook pages where fans can also leave comments and ask questions that could be used on The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions.
NFL Mobile Only From Verizon Offers Live Top 100 Series Streaming, Fan Voting and Video Extras for the Viewer on the Go
- NFL Mobile from Verizon users can watch every episode of The Top 100: Players of 2011 and The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions on their Verizon mobile device wherever they are. Customers who download and use NFL Mobile will have access to all content within the app, including the live stream of NFL Network and its 2011 NFL Draft coverage, video on demand and more, at no additional charge through September 1, 2011.
- Special bonus Top 100 content including video show teasers and clips from the series.
- In early May, both Verizon users and fans on other mobile carriers can also weigh in on the fan vote for the top 100 players of today via NFL Mobile from Verizon or at m.NFL.com.
Top 100 Discussions Go Live on Facebook and Twitter
Followers of the NFL and NFL Network on Facebook and Twitter are encouraged to follow the series and interact with other fans through debates and discussions. Links to NFL and NFL Network’s Facebook (facebook.com/NFL and facebook.com/NFLNetwork) and Twitter (@NFL and @NFLNetwork) can be found at NFL.com/Top100. Other social media features include:
- During the live air of The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions, Select fan comments and reaction posted on Facebook and Twitter are aggregated in real time and will scroll throughout the show on the on-screen ticker.
- On Twitter, fans are encouraged to post their thoughts and questions on the series under the hashtag, #Top100.
- On Facebook, followers can visit the Top 100 tab where series extras, video clues and information can be accessed.
- Facebook users can also ‘check-in’ to each episode via Get Glue, earning stickers with each episode they tune into.
The Top 100: Players of 2011 Episode Schedule
*‘The Top 100: Players of 2011 – Reactions’ immediately follows each episode at 9:00 PM ET*
Episode #1 Saturday, April 30 8:00 PM ET
(100-91) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #2 Sunday, May 8 8:00 PM ET
(90-81) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #3 Sunday, May 15 8:00 PM ET
(80-71) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #4 Sunday, May 22 8:00 PM ET
(70-61) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #5 Sunday, May 29 8:00 PM ET
(60-51) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #6 Sunday, June 5 8:00 PM ET
(50-41) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #7 Sunday, June 12 8:00 PM ET
(40-31) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #8 Sunday, June 19 8:00 PM ET
(30-21) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #9 Sunday, June 26 8:00 PM ET
(20-11) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
Episode #10 Sunday, July 3 8:00 PM ET
(10-1) 9:00 PM ET – Reactions
– NFL Media –