Live Events on NBC, NBCSN & GOLF Channel Combine to Total 551.5 Early Summer Programming Hours from June 16-July 31
Live Event Coverage Features Motorsports, Premier League Soccer, PGA TOUR Golf, Horse Racing & Lacrosse
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 15, 2020 – With many sports returning to play while others continue their seasons, NBC Sports presents a packed early summer slate across its three national TV networks – NBC, NBCSN and GOLF Channel.
From tomorrow through July 31, the three networks will combine to present 551.5 live event coverage hours (including pregame and postgame shows) – for an average of 12 live event hours daily over the 46-day stretch.
Following are the sports with the most live event coverage hours across NBC, NBCSN and GOLF Channel from June 16-July 31:
|Sport/Property||# of Live Coverage Hours*|
|Premier League soccer||196.5|
|Mecum Auto Auctions||16.5|
|Premier Lacrosse League||16|
*Live events plus pregame and postgame coverage
Among the highlights of NBC Sports’ live event coverage through July 31:
- NBC Sports presents the world’s finest horse racing, including the 152nd Belmont Stakes (Sat. June 20) and the Royal Meeting from Ascot, U.K. (June 16-20), followed over the ensuing weeks by Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series races.
- The conclusion of the 2019-20 Premier League season begins this Wednesday on NBCSN, with matches on 35 of 40 days.
- NBC Sports begins coverage of its portion of the 2020 NASCAR season on Fourth of July weekend at iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway with Cup and Xfinity Series racing on NBC.
- INDYCAR continues its 2020 season on the Fourth of July on NBC with the GMR Grand Prix of Indianapolis at noon ET on NBC to kick off the first-ever INDYCAR/NASCAR doubleheader.
- Golf coverage features the return of the PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, Korn Ferry TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and European Tour on GOLF Channel.
- The PGA TOUR season continues this week with the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head. Each week, GOLF Channel will air live PGA TOUR coverage of the first two rounds (Thursday and Friday) and weekend lead-in coverage.
- The world’s top female professional golfers resume play on the LPGA Tour the week of July 20 with the LPGA Marathon Classic on GOLF Channel.
- The star-studded American Century Championship returns from Lake Tahoe, Calif. on July 10-12, featuring Stephen Curry, Aaron Rodgers and Charles Barkley competing and fund-raising for charity.
- Beginning July 25, NBC Sports presents the PLL Championship Series, as the league’s seven teams compete in group play to determine seeding for the following week’s single-elimination tournament which will crown the 2020 Premier Lacrosse League champion.
NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app will stream live coverage to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TVs via “TV Everywhere,” giving consumers additional value to their subscription service, and making high-quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms. NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app are available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox, and Chromecast.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–