Direct-to-Consumer Live Streaming Product NBC Sports Gold to Provide Live, Commercial-Free Coverage of 2020 Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Paris-Roubaix, and More
2020-21 Cycling Pass Features Wall-to-Wall Live Coverage of the Biggest Events in Cycling
2020 Tour de France Coverage Includes New Alternate Camera Angles, Exclusive Interactive Stage Maps, and More
NBC Sports Gold “Cycling Pass” Available Now for $54.99
STAMFORD, Conn. – August 17, 2020 – NBC Sports Gold – NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product – has launched its “Cycling Pass” for the 2020-21 season, providing fans in the U.S. with access to premiere cycling races available now through May 2021, including this year’s Tour de France, beginning August 29.
The “Cycling Pass” features live, commercial-free, start-to-finish coverage of every stage of the Tour de France, including nearly 20 bonus hours of coverage. For the first time, NBC Sports Gold’s live stream of the 2020 Tour de France will offer streams with alternate camera angles for select stages. With motorcycle cams beside the peloton, drones above the action, and a dedicated finish line cam, fans will be able to enjoy the race from a whole new perspective. This year’s Tour de France coverage also includes exclusive access to interactive stage maps, rider profiles, full stage results, and more.
Featuring the biggest events in cycling, NBC Sports Gold’s 2020-21 “Cycling Pass” also includes access to the UCI Mountain Bike, Road, Cyclo-cross & Track Cycling World Championships, as well as NBC Sports’ presentation of the Ultimate Tour, featuring 25 of the best stages and races from the Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix, and Amgen Tour of California dating back to 2011.
In addition, NBC Sports Gold’s coverage of the Vuelta a España will once again include data rich features in the stream.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Cycling Pass” includes live streaming coverage, full event replays, and highlights for all stages of the Grand Tour races Tour de France and Vuelta a España, Monument Classics, including Paris–Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, UCI Mountain Bike and Road World Championships, and more. The “Cycling Pass” is available for purchase now in advance of the 2020 Tour de France for $54.99 by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.
The direct-to-consumer pass streams coverage live and on-demand, to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
Additional elements of NBC Sports Gold’s Tour de France coverage include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- Full event replays of every stage of the 2020 Tour de France
- On-demand access to all installments of NBCSN’s “The Ultimate Tour” series, showcasing 25 of the best stages and races from the Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix, and Amgen Tour of California dating back to 2008
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- Dedicated alternate camera angle streams for select stages
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage
- Full stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real- time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including “Feed” for news, “Track” for GPS, “Standings” for rider standings in every jersey category, “Teams” for comprehensive team and rider information, and “More” for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold’s coverage.
Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app available in the U.S. on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com, and also on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price.
Following is the schedule for NBC Sports Gold’s 2020-21 “Cycling Pass”:
- Critérium du Dauphiné – August 12-16, 2020
- Tour de France – August 29-September 20, 2020
- Le Flèche Wallone – September 30, 2020*
- Liège-Bastogne-Liège* – October 4, 2020
- La Vuelta a España – October 20-November 8, 2020
- Paris-Roubaix* – October 25, 2020
- Santos Tour Down Under – January 19-24, 2021
- Paris-Nice – TBD 2021
- Volta a Catalunya – TBD 2021
- Paris-Roubaix – TBD 2021
- Liège-Bastogne-Liège – TBD 2021
- La Flèche Wallonne – TBD 2021
Schedule is subject to change.
* Rescheduled event from 2019-20 Cycling Pass subscription period
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 18 individual sports “passes” – twelve domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Premier League Match Day, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Rugby World Cup, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app available in the U.S. on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and NBCSportsGold.com, and also on Cox Contour, Contour Stream Player, Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.