NBA TV to air approximately 1,500 hours of total playoff coverage
NBA.com to launch Playoffs Pulse to track popular social media content; live streaming of postgame press conferences; and NBA Mobile to offer an enhanced playoffs experience
NBA Digital will guide fans through the entire 2011 NBA Playoffs with extensive multiplatform coverage including approximately 1,500 hours of playoff coverage on NBA TV, a new social media application – NBA Playoffs Pulse – on NBA.com, and extensive video highlights and enhanced experience on NBA Mobile.
NBA TV’s 1,500 hours of wall-to-wall coverage over approximately 65 days will include live first round action, 195 hours of live studio coverage, pre and postgame analysis, press conferences, complete game playbacks of every playoff game, and encore presentations of NBA GameTime.
On NBA.com, the new NBA Playoffs Pulse application will allow users to track conversations, vote, and share content in real-time about NBA players and teams. In addition, Pulse will guide fans on popular trending topics to access more NBA postseason information including videos, photos, new stories and blog posts.
Throughout the entire NBA Playoffs, NBA.com will convert into “Playoffs Central” featuring a transformed homepage with access to series breakdowns, comprehensive video highlights, and live streaming of press conferences.
“NBA Digital is utilizing our assets from television, web, mobile and social media to keep fans engaged and informed about the most climactic NBA season to date,” said Albert “Scooter” Vertino, vice president of content, NBA Digital. “Through NBA TV and NBA.com, to our mobile site, we will provide fans with updates, breaking news and access to everything Playoffs focused.”
From the announcement of the playoffs schedule to the conclusion of The Finals, NBA Digital’s complete coverage will also include:
- · NBA TV’s studio teams will be made up of hosts Matt Winer, Rick Kamla and Marc Fein, alongside a roster of NBA analysts including Fan Night’s Chris Webber, as well as Greg Anthony, Brent Barry, Dennis Scott and Steve Smith.
- · Kamla, Anthony and Scott will break down all first round series on Thursday, April 14 with the Eastern Conference Playoffs Preview at 7 p.m. (ET) followed by the Western Conference Playoffs Preview at 8 p.m. (ET).
- · NBA TV will feature the NBA GameTime show every night before, during and after games throughout the playoffs, as well as a first-ever, live announcement of all scheduled playoff action. The studio shows will feature highlights, analysis, player interviews and live press conferences. .
- · The network will produce Playoff Playbacks, which will be 60-minute versions of every playoff game for re-air on NBA TV.
- · Sounds of the Playoffs will follow the storylines leading up to The Finals. Airing at the conclusion of each round of the playoffs, the three 30-minute NBA Entertainment-produced shows will provide exclusive coverage of games plus access on- and off-the-court, delivering all the big shots, clutch performances and memorable moments in the weeks leading up to the NBA championship.
- · NBA.com will produce Series Hub pages available for every series. Each page will include video highlights, box scores, series stats and game stories from the site’s stable of award-winning writers.
- · The site will provide live streaming for every postgame news conference.
- · Exclusive content, analysis from TNT announcers and replays of Inside the NBA will be available on TNT OverTime on NBA.com.
- · Live blog updates with instant analysis and late-breaking news will be produced for every postseason game.
- During the playoffs, users will be able to access a new HTML 5 site on mobile web to include an app-like environment.
- The enhanced site will allow users to access extensive video highlights, postseason stats, scores and standings, as well as follow their favorite players from any HTML 5 enabled device.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.