Top NBA Draft Picks Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Dante Exum & More
Expected to Make Pro Debuts
Rick Fox After Dark to Debut from Las Vegas July 19-21;
NBA TV’s The Starters Also On-Site
NBA Digital will give fans the first opportunity to see many of the league’s top rookies in action through its comprehensive coverage of 2014 Summer Leagues when it presents all 92 games across NBA TV, NBA.com and NBA Mobile. Game coverage will include 25 Orlando Pro Summer League games (July 5-11), held at the Magic’s practice facility at Amway Center, and 67 Samsung NBA Summer League 2014 game telecasts from Las Vegas, held at Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion from July 11-21. NBA TV will televise more than 60 Summer League games live from the respective game sites (full game schedule attached).
All 92 NBA Summer League games will also be available via the NBA Summer League Livesubscription package on NBA.com and NBA Mobile beginning Saturday, July 5. Coverage from Orlando will tip off July 5 with five games including the Miami Heat and rookie Shabazz Napier facing the Boston Celtics and recently drafted Marcus Smart at 11 a.m. ET. Additional highlights from Las Vegas include the Cleveland Cavaliers meeting the Milwaukee Bucks, with respective top picks Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker in last week’s 2014 NBA Draft presented by State Farm, on Friday, July 11, at 8 p.m. ET.
Samsung NBA Summer League 2014 – with uncompromised access to NBA players, rookies, free agents, coaches, general managers, scouts and other front office personnel – will culminate with the Semifinals from Las Vegas on Sunday, July 20, at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., and the Final held Monday, July 21, at 9 p.m.
NBA TV’s deep roster of commentators will be on location at both sites to track all of the NBA Summer League action. Matt Winer, Rick Kamla and Vince Cellini will handle play-by-play responsibilities in Orlando with analysts Isiah Thomas, Kendall Gill and Rick Mahorn.
Winer, Cellini and Kamla will be joined by fellow play-by-play voices Marv Albert, Joel Meyers, Spero Dedes, Matt Devlin, and Chad Andrus in Las Vegas, with David Aldridge calling select games. Aldridge will also provide analysis from Las Vegas, along with NBA TV’s Reggie Miller, Greg Anthony, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, Dennis Scott, Rick Fox, Brent Barry, Derek Harper and Mateen Cleaves. Reporters will include Aldridge, Fox, Scott, Jared Greenberg, Ric Bucher, Kristen Ledlow, Allie LaForce, Lesley McCaslin and Kevin Ray. Additionally, the NBA.com Hang Time podcast trio of Sekou Smith, Fox and Lang Whitaker will call select Samsung Summer League 2014 games from Las Vegas.
NBA TV’s signature NBA GameTimestudio show – hosted by a rotation of the network’s commentators with special in-studio guests – will offer live nightly highlights, news and information following Summer League games (July 5-11, generally at 9 p.m.) from Turner Studios in Atlanta. The Starters, NBA TV’s collective of fan-focused voices with co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas and contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will conclude each night’s Samsung Summer League 2014 action on-site from Las Vegas, July 11-21.
Additionally, NBA TV will televise Rick Fox After Dark on Saturday, July 19, through Monday, July 21. The late night show will air each night following The Starters with episodes featuring interviews with NBA personalities and celebrity guests, along with behind the scenes Summer League content.
NBA.com, NBA Mobile and social media highlights will include:
- Playermetrics 360-Degree Camera – an interactive online feature allowing fans to access a 360-degree view of select NBA rookies while also reviewing key information on each recent draft pick and an opportunity to compare them to current NBA players.
- Social Spotlight – the latest tweets, photos and other social engagement by players and teams surrounding all the Summer League action.
- Summer League Hub – daily updates, game trackers, video recaps, schedules, stats, bracket pages, NBA style content and Rookie Ladder, a moving scale that analyzes the progression of a player during their first NBA season, will be available through the Summer League hub (nba.com/summerleague).
- NBA Summer League App – a free app featuring live scoring, video highlights, recaps and game alerts. The app will also include a premium option allowing fans to directly access NBA Summer League Live.
- NBA Game Time – the league’s signature mobile app providing live scoring, live video, player profiles, game alerts and more.
- Seat 140 – debuting at Summer League last year, Seat 140 will return with guests live tweeting during game action from Las Vegas. The tweets will be aggregated on NBA.com and also integrated into NBA TV live game telecasts.
- All-Access – behind-the-scenes content surrounding the live game action and studio shows including quotes, pictures and interviews with commentators and other on-site guests.
- Social Scouting – a collection of fan reaction to the performances of rookies and Summer League standouts.
- Summer League Rewind – a look back at the 10-year anniversary of Summer League with throwback images, storylines, stats and more.