New preview show joins full slate of football programming
In anticipation of the Texas football season, Longhorn Network, ESPN’s 24-hour network devoted to the University of Texas, kicks off its 2015 football programming slate this week. The line-up is highlighted with the debut of All-22, a new weekly preview show, airing Thursdays at 8 p.m. CT. Hosted by Lowell Galindo, All-22 features analyst David Thomas breaking down game film to analyze how Texas stacks up against the next opponent.
Thomas will examine film from the same viewpoint as coaches in their game preparation, using the high camera angle that shows “All 22” players on the field. His expertise will give fans an inside look at the X’s and O’s that will help determine the offensive and defensive game plans. All-22 will air on Thursdays before Texas football games throughout the season.
The weekend slate of programming is highlighted with two new locations and sets for the network’s flagship pregame show Texas GameDay. Below is a full wrap-up of LHN’s extensive programming surrounding every aspect of UT football.
Recurring weekday programming will include (all times CT):
- Texas Football Press Conference – (Monday, 11 a.m.) Live coverage of head coach Charlie Strong’s weekly press conference
- Longhorn Extra: Upon Further Review – (Monday, 6 p.m., debuts Sept. 7) Host Alex Loeb with Dan Neil, Ahmad Brooks and reporter Jane Slater break down all the action from Texas’ latest game
- Rewind with Charlie Strong – (Monday, 7 p.m., debuts Sept. 7) Coach Strong joins Lowell Galindo to analyze Texas’ most recent football game, featuring analysis, highlights and interviews
- Texas Football Overdrive – (Tuesday, 7 p.m., debuts Sept. 15) All the action of Texas’ latest game in 60 minutes, enhanced with player and coach interviews
- Texas Football All Access – (Wednesday, 8p.m.) All Access takes fans behind the scenes and inside the locker room with the Texas Longhorns
- All-22 – (Thursday, 8 p.m.) Analyst David Thomas previews the upcoming game using the same style film each head coach utilizes to prepare their team
- Longhorn Weekly with Charlie Strong – (Thursday, 7 p.m.) Coach Strong, Craig Way and weekly guests discuss all things Texas Football
- Longhorn Extra, LHN’s news and information show, airs weeknights at 10p.m., Wednesday-Friday
Weekend Programming includes:
- Texas GameDay, LHN’s pregame show embeds viewers with fans inside and outside the stadium with two new set locations this year. The show offers analysis and reporting every Saturday two-and-a-half hours before home game kickoff and also 2 hours before away games (from the LHN studio)
- Texas GameDay Halftime Presented by H-E-B, the Texas GameDay desk of experts returns from the sidelines or outside the stadium to analyze the first half for home games, and from the studio for away games
- Texas GameDay Final Powered by Chevy Silverado, rejoin the set of Texas legends immediately following the conclusion of the game for a breakdown of the Longhorns’ performance on the field.
LHN’s weekly programming provides an in-depth lead-in to each Saturday’s game, including the network’s telecast of UT’s home game season opener against Rice on Sept. 12, presented by H-E-B.
For complete details and updated schedules, go to www.longhornnetwork.com.
About Longhorn Network
ESPN has a 20-year agreement to own and operate a year-round, 24-hour network dedicated to Texas athletics in partnership with UT and IMG College. Longhorn Network offers a variety of content, highlighted by more than 175 exclusive events annually, original series and studio shows, historical programming and academic and cultural happenings. The network is also available to subscribers with WatchESPN via participating providers on smartphones, tablets, computers, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.