COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Big Ten and Pac-12 Champions Crowned on FOX
NFL: Johnny No Football; Hoyer Leads Browns on FOX This Sunday
UFC: UFC 181 Prefights on FOX Sports 1 Highlighted by No. 3 Ranked Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. No. 11 Ranked Francisco Rivera
#ICYMI: FOX Sports, NBC Sports Team up to Unleash New Era in NASCAR TV – http://foxs.pt/1vloj7s
BIG TEN AND PAC-12 CHAMPIONS CROWNED ON FOX; BEDLAM COMES TO FOX SPORTS 1
o Pac-12 Championship Game: No. 2 Oregon vs. No. 7 Arizona
- FOX, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Dec. 5 (9:00 PM ET)
- Tim Brando, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft
- Deportes: Francisco X. Rivera and Erika Reidt (#PatosvsGatos)
o Oklahoma State at No. 20 Oklahoma
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (3:30 PM ET)
- Joe Davis, Joey Harrington and Kris Budden
o Big Ten Championship Game: No. 5 Ohio State vs. No. 13 Wisconsin
- FOX, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (8:00 PM ET)
- Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Molly McGrath
- Deportes: Francisco X. Rivera and Erika Reidt (#BucksvsBadgers)
This Week: Two of the top college football conferences crown their champions on FOX this weekend in a pair of matchups that directly impact the College Football Playoff and feature the top two contenders for the Heisman Trophy. First up on Friday, Dec. 5 (9:00 PM ET), No. 2 Oregon, led by Heisman frontrunner Marcus Mariota, faces No. 7 Arizona for the Pac-12 title at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. A win all but guarantees the Ducks a spot in the College Football Playoff, but Oregon needs to go through the team that handed them their only loss of the season back in October. On Saturday, Dec. 6 (8:00 PM ET), No. 5 Ohio State and No. 13 Wisconsin meet at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the Big Ten title. Ohio State is without quarterback J.T. Barrett as the Buckeyes go up against Heisman candidate running back Melvin Gordon and the Badgers. With their signal-caller lost for the season, Ohio State needs a statement win to impress the selection committee.
HOUR-LONG PREGAME SHOWS LEAD INTO BIG TEN AND PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Dec. 5 (8:00 PM ET) and Saturday, Dec. 6 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Rob Stone with analysts Joel Klatt, Dave Wannstedt and/or Petros Papadakis
- This Week: FOX Sports gets fans ready for the Pac-12 and Big Ten Championship Games on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 5 and 6, with a pair of hour-long pregame shows leading into the matchups on FOX. Prior to the Pac-12 title game on Friday, Rob Stone, Dave Wannstedt and Petros Papadakis take an in-depth look at Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota, examine head coach Rich Rodriguez’s rise to success at Arizona and check in with Matt Leinart, Gus Johnson and Charles Davis, Clay Travis and Coy Wire who are on site at the Pac-12, Big Ten, SEC and ACC Championship Games, respectively, while Stewart Mandel is live from Dallas where the College Football Playoff selection committee convenes. On Saturday, Stone, Wannstedt and Joel Klatt take a look at Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon, while Bruce Feldman goes one-on-one with Buckeye head coach Urban Meyer.
NFL ON FOX WEEK 14 – As first reported by FOX NFL insider Jay Glazer (@jayglazer), Sunday’s contest between the Indianapolis Colts and Cleveland Browns will not see quarterback Johnny Manziel in a starting role as the Browns believe Brian Hoyer still gives them the best chance at making the playoffs. Indianapolis at Cleveland airs on FOX Sunday, Dec. 7 (1:00 PM ET) with play-by-play announcer Kevin Burkhardt, analyst John Lynch and sideline reporter Pam Oliver on the call. Additionally, Week 14’s NFL on FOX action is highlighted by a NFC battle as the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks pay a visit to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, Dec. 7 (4:25 PM ET) who, after a Thanksgiving Day victory over the Cowboys, hold the top spot in the NFC East. Announcer Joe Buck is joined in the Lincoln Financial field broadcast booth by analyst Troy Aikman with sideline reporter Erin Andrews.
FOX Sports’ NFL coverage begins each Sunday on FOX Sports 1 with FOX NFL KICKOFF at 11:00 AM ET with host Joel Klatt and analysts Donovan McNabb, Dave Wannstedt and Randy Moss. On the FOX broadcast network, FOX NFL SUNDAY immediately follows FOX NFL KICKOFF at 12:00 PM ET with co-hosts Terry Bradshaw and Curt Menefee alongside analysts Howie Long, Michael Strahan, Jimmy Johnson, insider Jay Glazer and rules analyst Mike Pereira. In Sunday’s pregame show, we sit down with the Philadelphia Eagles defense, which came up big in last week’s victory over their NFC East rival Cowboys.
SUNDAY, DEC. 7
GAME PLAY-BY-PLAY/ANALYST/SIDELINE COV. TIME (ET)
Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston 12% 1:00PM
& On-field analyst Tony Siragusa
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, La.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, New Orleans, Raleigh
St. Louis Rams at Washington Redskins Sam Rosen, Kirk Morrison 8% 1:00PM
& Peter Schrager
FedExField – Landover, Md.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Baltimore, Norfolk, Richmond, St. Louis, Washington
New York Giants at Tennessee Titans Thom Brennaman, David Diehl 16% 1:00PM
& Laura Okmin
LP Field – Nashville, Tenn.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Hartford, Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, New York, Philadelphia, Providence
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions Dick Stockton, Brady Quinn 14% 1:00PM
& Kristina Pink
Ford Field – Detroit, Mich.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Chicago, Detroit, Fort Myers, Milwaukee, Orlando, Tampa
Indianapolis Colts at Cleveland Browns Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch 45% 1:00PM
& Pam Oliver
FirstEnergy Stadium – Cleveland, Ohio
MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Austin, Boston, Buffalo, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tulsa, West Palm Beach
Seattle Seahawks at Philadelphia Eagles Joe Buck, Troy Aikman 91% 4:25PM
& Erin Andrews
Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, Pa.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Detroit, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Greenville, Hartford, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Providence, Raleigh, Richmond, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, West Palm Beach
San Francisco 49ers at Oakland Raiders Chris Myers, Ronde Barber 5% 4:25PM
& Jennifer Hale
O.co Coliseum – Oakland, Calif.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Sacramento, San Francisco
HOOPS COMES TO FOX THIS WEEKEND; FOX SPORTS 1 FEATURES COLLEGE BASKETBALL ROYALTY
o Seton Hall at Creighton (W), FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 3 (8:00 PM ET), Lisa Byington and LaChina Robinson
o North Texas at Oklahoma State, FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 3 (8:00 PM ET), Mike Wolfe and Bryndon Manzer
o Rutgers at Seton Hall, FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (12:00 PM ET), Rich Ackerman and Jim Spanarkel
o St. Joseph’s at No. 10 Villanova, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (1:00 PM ET), Justin Kutcher and Bill Raftery
o Northwestern at No. 23 Butler, FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (4:30 PM ET), Tim Brando and Jim Jackson
o Towson at Georgetown, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (12:00 PM ET), Justin Kutcher and Donny Marshall
o Oklahoma at North Texas (W), FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (12:00 PM ET)
o Milwaukee at DePaul, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (2:00 PM ET), Eric Collins and Stephen Bardo
o No. 5 Texas A&M at TCU (W), FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (2:00 PM ET)
o Ole Miss at Oregon, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (4:00 PM ET), Aaron Goldsmith and Corey Williams
o No. 10 Cal at Kansas (W), FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (6:00 PM ET), Ron Thulin and Brenda VanLengen
o Kennesaw State at Providence, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday, Dec. 8 (7:00 PM ET), Cory Provus and Tarik Turner
o Brown at Providence, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday, Dec. 8 (9:00 PM ET), Brian Custer and Steve Donahue
o IUPUI at Xavier, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (7:00 PM ET), Joe Davis and Jim Jackson
o South Dakota at Creighton, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (9:00 PM ET), Eric Collins and Nick Bahe
o No. 11 Kansas at Georgetown, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (7:00 PM ET), Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery
o Rhode Island at Providence, FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (7:00 PM ET), Justin Kutcher and Vin Parise
o No. 2 Notre Dame at No. 25 DePaul (W), FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (9:00 PM ET), Eric Collins and LaChina Robinson
o Fresno State at Texas Tech, FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (9:00 PM ET)
This Week: For the first time this season, college basketball comes to the FOX broadcast network, as No. 23 Butler hosts Northwestern at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Coverage begins at 4:00 PM ET with the FOX COLLEGE HOOPS TIP-OFF pregame show, followed by tip at 4:30 PM ET. Tim Brando, fresh off Friday night’s Pac-12 Football Championship Game, calls the action alongside analyst Jim Jackson. Northwestern-Butler leads directly into coverage of the Big Ten Football Championship Game, held just a few miles down the road at Indianapolis’s Lucas Oil Stadium.
Some of the most historic programs in the country highlight FOX Sports 1’s schedule over the next week, beginning with a Philadelphia Big 5 showdown between St. Joseph’s and No. 10 Villanova on Saturday, Dec. 6 (1:00 PM ET). On Wednesday, Dec. 10 (7:00 PM ET), Georgetown hosts No. 11 Kansas with the iconic duo of Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery on the call.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES CULMINATE WITH FINAL MATCH DAY 6 ON FOX SPORTS
- What: The highly competitive UEFA Champions League group stages come to a close next week with the final Match Day 6. Liverpool-Basel headlines the action on Tuesday. Dec. 9 (2:00 PM ET) on FOX Sports 1, followed by Roma-Manchester City on Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:00 PM ET) on FOX Sports 1. FOX Sports 2 sees Real Madrid-Ludogorets on Tuesday and Barcelona-PSG on Wednesday with coverage beginning at 2:00 PM ET. MULTIMATCH 90, the live UEFA Champions League whip-around show, wraps up on both days on FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go at 2:30 PM ET.
o Liverpool vs. Basel, FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:00 PM ET)
o Real Madrid vs. Ludogorets, FOX Sports 2, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:00 PM ET)
o Galatasaray vs. Arsenal, FOX Sports Regional Networks, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:00 PM ET)
o MULTIMATCH 90, FOX Soccer Plus, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:30 PM ET)
o Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid, DirecTV, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:45 PM ET)
o Monaco vs. Zenit, DirecTV, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:45 PM ET)
o Benfica vs. Bayer Leverkusen, DirecTV, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:45 PM ET)
o Borussia Dortmund vs. Anderlecht, DirecTV, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:45 PM ET)
o Olympiacos vs. Malmo, DirecTV, Tuesday, Dec. 9 (2:45 PM ET)
o Roma vs. Manchester City, FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:00 PM ET)
o Barcelona vs. PSG, FOX Sports 2, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:00 PM ET)
o Chelsea vs. Sporting Lisbon, FOX Sports Regional Networks, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:00 PM ET)
o MULTIMATCH 90, FOX Soccer Plus, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:30 PM ET)
o Bayern Munich vs. CSKA Moscow, DirecTV, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:45 PM ET)
o Maribor vs. Schalke, DirecTV, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:45 PM ET)
o Porto vs. Shakhtar Donetsk, DirecTV, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:45 PM ET)
o Athletic Bilbao vs. BATE Borisov, DirecTV, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:45 PM ET)
o Ajax vs. APOEL, DirecTV, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (2:45 PM ET)
- Talent: Coverage kicks off at 2:00 PM ET on both days with a 30-minute pregame show, plus halftime and postgame, with host Rob Stone alongside analysts Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton and Brian McBride.
SOMEONE IS GETTING KNOCKED OUT THIS TIME BETWEEN HENDRICKS AND LAWLER, SAYS UFC ON FOX HOST ANIK: This weekend’s UFC 181: HENDRICKS vs. LAWLER 2 features a double main event with the UFC lightweight title on the line as Anthony “Showtime” Pettis defends his belt for the first time against his coaching rival on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, former Strikeforce champion Gilbert “El Nino” Melendez. Then, UFC welterweight champion Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks and veteran knockout artist “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler meet in a rematch of their epic five-round title bout at UFC 171 that is guaranteed to produce fireworks. UFC on FOX host Jon Anik believes their rematch won’t go the full five rounds like it did the first time they met. “Someone is getting knocked out this time. Both Robbie and Johny are coming back stronger than ever, and I don’t see this going the distance. Plus, in the co-main event, I believe Pettis has the ability to be one of the all-time greats in the UFC, but Gilbert has the experience to make it a dirty fight and might have other plans.” FOX Sports 1 features the UFC 181 PRELIMS on Saturday, Dec. 6 (8:00 PM ET).
UFC TONIGHT PREVIEWS UFC 181, INTERVIEWS HENDRICKS AND PETTIS BEFORE TITLE FIGHTS, BISPING GUEST HOSTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 3 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Michael Bisping, Karyn Bryant and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: On UFC TONIGHT, host Kenny Florian and guest host Michael Bisping preview UFC 181: HENDRICKS vs. LAWLER 2 and interview headliner Johny Hendricks before his welterweight title rematch Saturday night against Robbie Lawler. Plus, they also interview lightweight champion Anthony Pettis before his title fight against Gilbert Melendez. NASCAR champion Kevin Harvick also joins for an interview. Helwani and Bryant add reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: TWO FIGHT SPECIAL – NO. 1 ESPARZA VS. NO. 3 TORRES, NO. 2 CALDERWOOD VS. NO. 7 NAMAJUNAS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, Dec. 3 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Anthony Pettis, Gilbert Melendez and Dana White
- This Week: This week on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, in a special two-fight episode, No. 3 seed Tecia Torres tries to make the most of her second chance in the tournament when she faces top seed Carla Esparza in the third quarterfinal fight. Then, No. 7 seed Rose Namajunas, the only fighter remaining from Team Melendez, takes on No. 2-ranked Joanne Calderwood for the last spot in the semifinals.
BEST OF WEC: WEC’S FINAL EVENT FEATURING THE SHOWTIME KICK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, Dec. 4 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenda Perez
- This Week: Journey back to WEC 53 for one of the most memorable lightweight title fights ever when Anthony Pettis landed the unbelievable Showtime kick to defeat Benson Henderson. Plus, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone faced Chris Horodecki in another epic performance.
UFC 181 WEIGH-IN FEATURED IN AMERICA’S PREGAME SHOW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Dec. 5 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian, Michael Bisping, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC 181 WEIGH-IN is part of AMERICA’S PREGAME and features host Jon Anik, with former UFC contender Kenny Florian and middleweight vet Michael Bisping as analysts, as the 24 fighters on the card attempt to make weight. Ariel Helwani interviews fighters during the show.
UFC’S ROAD TO THE OCTAGON ON FOX SATURDAY AFTERNOON
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (3:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Junior Dos Santos, Stipe Miocic, Rafael dos Anjos, Nate Diaz
- This Week: Go inside the lives and training camps of six dynamic fighters on the main card in UFC ROAD TO THE OCTAGON: DOS SANTOS VS. MIOCIC. No. 2 ranked heavyweight Junior Dos Santos and No. 4 Stipe Miocic collide in a five-round main event. For Dos Santos, preparation involves training with Rio de Janeiro’s legendary coach André Pederneiras. In Cleveland, Miocic juggles duties as a firefighter, while also sharpening his skills as one of the division’s most devastating and effective strikers. Plus, provocative lightweight Nate Diaz returns to the Octagon positioned for another run at UFC gold. His opponent, No. 3-ranked Rafael dos Anjos, rides a wave of momentum from consecutive knockouts after relocating and finding stability in California. Plus, standing nearly seven feet tall, Stefan “The Skyscraper” Struve prepares for hulking Alistair Overeem.
UFC 181 PREFIGHT: TWO TITLE FIGHTS PREVIEWED
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian, Michael Bisping and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Host Anik and analysts Florian and Bisping preview the main card and prelim fights at UFC 181: HENDRICKS vs. LAWLER 2. The three break down the exciting welterweight title fight rematch between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler and the lightweight title battle between Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez.
UFC 181 PRELIMS ON FOX SPORTS 1 FEATURE #3 RANKED BANTAMWEIGHT URIJAH FABER VS. #11 FRANCISCO RIVERA
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Dec. 6 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan, Jon Anik, Kenny Florian, Michael Bisping and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The two-hour UFC 181 PRELIMS feature four dynamic fights including No. 3-ranked bantamweight Urijah Faber (31-7) vs. No. 11-ranked Francisco Rivera (10-3, 1NC). Middleweights Eddie Gordan (8-1) and Josh Samman (10-3) face off, while undefeated light heavyweight Corey Anderson (5-0) battles Justin Jones (3-0), and No. 13 Raquel Pennington (4-5) and Ashlee Evans-Smith (3-0) open the PRELIMS with a women’s bantamweight bout.
UFC 181 POSTFIGHT SHOW RECAPS TWO TITLE FIGHTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, Dec. 6 (1:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian, Michael Bisping and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Watch the recap of the two title fights on UFC 181 between welterweights Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler and lightweights Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez with host Anik and analysts Florian and Bisping. The group interviews winners of the title fights and breaks down the most exciting action of the evening.
UFC 1-ON-1: DOMINICK CRUZ DETAILS COMEBACK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer and Dominick Cruz
- This Week: In this special edition of UFC 1-ON-1, former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz reveals the heartfelt loss of his title belt, not from fighting, but from several consecutive knee injuries. Cruz tells host Jay Glazer, for the first time ever, how he persevered over three years of injury, recovery, another injury, rehab and more recovery. He talks about overcoming both his physical and mental challenges and explains the joy he experienced when he finally returned to the Octagon and scored a decisive knockout victory in his comeback fight.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER: CORMIER 1 ON 1, JONES THE GOAT AND UFC 180 REVISITED
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, Dec. 7 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik
- This Week: Watch an all-access pass to the UFC’s historic debut in Mexico City, from the first explosive fights to the crowning of new interim heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum at UFC 180. Then, host Jon Anik visits UFC star Daniel Cormier in San Jose for a candid interview about the light heavyweight contender’s heated feud with champion Jon Jones. Plus, light heavyweight champion Jones’s exclusive take on what it would mean to become the greatest UFC fighter of all-time.
FOX FIGHT NIGHT: GOLDEN BOY PRODUCTIONS FEATURES SANCHEZ VS. PARADES IN WELTERWEIGHT BOUT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, Dec. 4 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Beto Duran, Paulie Malignaggi and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: In the exciting main event of FOX FIGHT NIGHT GOLDEN BOY BOXING, Fairfield standout Alan Sanchez (14-3-1, 8 KOs) battles veteran contender Ed “The Lion” Parades (35-4-1, 23 KOs) in a 10-round welterweight standoff. The co-feature sees popular local star Manuel “Tino” Avila (16-0, 7 KOs) in a junior featherweight matchup against Jose Luis “Tapitas” Araiza (34-9-1, 25 KOs) in a 10-round brawl. Just added as the TV opener is Australian lightweight standout “Wild” Will Tomlinson (22-1-1, 12 KOs) facing Miguel Zamudio (29-5-1, 17 KOs) in an eight-round contest.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME COVERAGE, INSPIRING OHIO STATE FAN FEATURE FRIDAY, TIGER WOODS FEATURE SUNDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Reid Forgrave, Jay Glazer, Casey Jacobsen, Joel Klatt, Matt Leinart, Donovan McNabb, Randy Moss, Petros Papadakis, Gary Payton, Brady Quinn, Bill Reiter, Chris Rix, Ephraim Salaam.
- This Week: Building up to the network coverage of both the Big Ten and Pac-12 Championship Games this weekend, FOX SPORTS LIVE is front and center throughout the week with site hits and nightly chats featuring all of the relevant principals. One-on-one interview subjects include Baylor coach Art Briles, Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon, Oregon coach Mark Helfrich, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, TCU coach Gary Patterson, Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty, Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave and Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright. FOX Sports college football analysts, insiders and reporters are on-site at the various locales throughout the championship week and weekend, providing preview and review coverage for the games that decide the final entries to the inaugural college football playoff. Adding to the coverage of Saturday’s Big Ten Championship Game on FOX is Friday’s touching feature profiling Josh Chambers, a seven-year old Ohio State fan battling leukemia who has encouraged the team throughout its season and sent a video message to quarterback Cardale Jones, who is making his first career start against Wisconsin on Saturday. Sunday, FOX Sports 1 correspondent Colleen Dominguez delivers her latest feature, a story about a three-year-old Florida boy who has become a promising golf prodigy despite being born with one arm. Impressing golfers young and old with his perseverance, Tommy Morrissey caught the attention of none other than Tiger Woods, and the two have struck a bond over their shared love for the game. Dominguez sits down with both to find out more about their special friendship.
FOX SPORTS LIVE: COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF RETURNS FOR CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Friday, Dec. 5 (1:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Matt Leinart, Petros Papadakis, Joel Klatt, Clay Travis, Mike Hill, Todd Fuhrman, Bruce Feldman, Dave Wannstedt, Stewart Mandel
- This Week: FOX SPORTS LIVE: COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF is an hour-long programming block counting down the sport’s biggest stories of the week. The show boasts a stable of insiders that includes Bruce Feldman, Stewart Mandel and Clay Travis, who provide up-to-the-minute reporting and insight on programs from across the nation. Former players Joel Klatt, Petros Papadakis and Matt Leinart are also on-hand, joining longtime collegiate and professional coach Dave Wannstedt for game analysis and breakdowns as they count down topics from 10 to 1. This week’s show has the conference championship weekend covered from all angles as the analysts break things down in studio and are joined remotely with hits from the various sites, including Feldman who is in Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship Game, while Tim Brando and Klatt report from Santa Clara, Calif., where they are on hand to call the Pac-12 title game.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – NIGHTLY NBA AND NHL PREVIEWS, CHRIS PAUL INTERVIEW WEDNESDAY, UFC WEIGH-IN SHOW FRIDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Jill Arrington, Kirk Morrison, Jay Glazer, Brady Quinn, Bill Reiter, Ephraim Salaam, Julie Stewart-Binks
This Week: With both the NBA and NHL regular seasons underway, APG uses live satellite interviews from various sites with local correspondents and insiders who provide up-to-the-minute information in previewing all of the nightly action. Wednesday’s show is highlighted by a satellite interview with seven-time NBA All-Star and current Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul, who explains the keys to the Clippers hot 12-5 start and what they’ll need to do to take the next step in the fiercely contested Western Conference.
NASCAR COVERAGE CONTINUES INTO OFF-SEASON ON FOX SPORTS 1 WITH NASCAR RACE HUB & FRIDAY’S NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES AWARDS CEREMONY FROM LAS VEGAS
An entire NASCAR season culminates this week as the industry gathers in Las Vegas to honor first-time NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES champion Kevin Harvick. FOX Sports 1 offers coverage of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony from Wynn Las Vegas on Friday, Dec. 5 at 9:00 PM ET. The ceremony, hosted by actor, comedian and radio host Jay Mohr for the second consecutive year, also recognizes the remaining 15 drivers in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Musical guests include singer/songwriter Aloe Blacc, seven-time Grammy winner Lady Antebellum and sisters Lennon and Maisy from Nashville. NASCAR on FOX’s Mike Joy and Krista Voda handle hosting duties inside the ballroom, while Danielle Trotta hosts the network’s coverage of the Awards Ceremony.
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday through Thursdays (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Danielle Trotta, Adam Alexander and John Roberts; analysts Matt Clark, Ray Dunlap, Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- This Week: New, “Best of 2014” NASCAR RACE HUB episodes kick off on Wednesday, Dec. 3, continuing through Monday, Dec. 22. Following a brief hiatus for the holidays, NASCAR RACE HUB resumes in January.