NBA Playoffs: BULLS at Milwaukee (Game 3) – 7:00 PM on Comcast SportsNet
Stanley Cup Playoffs: BLACKHAWKS at Nashville (Game 5) – 8:30 PM on CSN+
(NOTE: Also joined in progress on Comcast SportsNet immediately following the Bulls game)
MLB Baseball: WHITE SOX vs. Kansas City – 7:00 PM on CSN+2
(NOTE: CSN+2 can be found on NBC Chicago’s 5.2 digital channel, Cozi TV)
MLB Baseball: CUBS at Pittsburgh – 11:30 AM on Comcast SportsNet
Viewers urged to visit CSNChicago.com for channel locations in their area
Chicago, IL (April 21, 2015) – FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NETWORK HISTORY, Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, White Sox and Cubs, will be presenting viewers with an extremely rare scenario on THURSDAY (April 23), as the network will be airing FOUR, LIVE professional events in one day (all being produced in four, separate cities), including three that will be airing simultaneously on three separate channels during primetime. For this unique occurrence, Comcast SportsNet is urging viewers to visit the network’s website, CSNChicago.com, for an easy-to-find channel locations page where viewers can simply punch in their zip code to find the exact channel location of EVERY game airing on this special day of sports programming.
“Thursday will truly be a monumental moment for both our network and our viewers with the airing of four, live professional events featuring the Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox in action,” said Phil Bedella, VP/GM of Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “With the excitement of the NBA and Stanley Cup Playoffs, along with the start of thrilling baseball on both sides of town, April has already proved to be an exhilarating month for Chicago sports. Our CSN team will be ready to deliver the expert coverage our viewers have come to expect in what will be one of the most exciting days in local sports we’ve seen in years.”
Note the following channel information and additional details for Comcast SportsNet’s HUGE day featuring four, live professional game telecasts on Thursday, April 23:
CHICAGO BULLS/NBA PLAYOFFS – COMCAST SPORTSNET
7:00 PM CT – BULLS at Milwaukee (Rd. 1, Gm. 3) will air LIVE on the main Comcast SportsNet channel (featuring Neil Funk and Stacey King on the game call)
- Game night coverage gets underway with SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado at 5:00 PM (with host David Kaplan), followed by SportsNet Central presented by Comcast Business at 6:00 PM.
- Bulls Pregame Live presented by Coors Light with hosts Mark Schanowski and Will Perdue will begin at 6:30 PM.
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS/STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS – CSN+
8:30 PM CT – BLACKHAWKS at Nashville (Rd. 1, Gm. 5) will air LIVE on CSN+ (featuring Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk on the game call)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: This game will also be joined in progress on the main Comcast SportsNet channel location immediately following the conclusion of the Bulls game.
- This CSN+ telecast will air in high-definition on Comcast ch. 201 in the Chicago area & South Bend, IN…ch. 285 in Comcast’s Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets…along with AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW homes among others); viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for the exact CSN+ channel location in their area.
- Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live with hosts Pat Boyle, Steve Konroyd, and Jamal Mayers will begin at 8:00 PM…Blackhawks Postgame Live presented by Hawk Ford airs immediately following the game.
CHICAGO WHITE SOX/MLB BASEBALL – CSN+2
7:00 PM – WHITE SOX vs. Kansas City will air LIVE on CSN+2 (featuring Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone on the game call)
- This special “CSN+2” game can found on NBC 5 Chicago’s 5.2 digital channel Cozi TV on Comcast Cable systems throughout the Chicago area on ch. 341; Cozi TV is also available on RCN ch. 50, Mediacom ch. 105 and WOW ch. 130…in addition, this CSN+2 White Sox telecast can be found on AT&T U-verse ch. 695/1695 HD and DIRECTV ch. 665-2/665-2 HD among others…viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for the exact CSN+2 channel location in their area.
- Subaru White Sox Postgame Live airs immediately following the game on CSN+2 (hosted by Jen Lada from U.S. Cellular Field).
CHICAGO CUBS/MLB BASEBALL – COMCAST SPORTSNET
11:30 AM CT – CUBS at Pittsburgh will air LIVE on the main Comcast SportsNet channel (featuring Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies on the game call)
- Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group with hosts David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth will begin at 11:00 AM…Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois airs immediately following the game.
NOTE: From a social media standpoint, fans can utilize the Twitter hashtag #WhatAThursday throughout the day to share their comments regarding this significant day in Comcast SportsNet history.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.