- ABC’s No. 10 Oklahoma vs. Texas was Most-Viewed Game of the Week; Most-Watched Red River Rivalry Since 2011
- 23 Cal at No. 5 Utah: Fourth Best Regular Season College Football Game Ever on WatchESPN, Most-Watched 10 p.m. ET Game of the Season on TV
- ESPN/ABC: Televises No. 1 Prime-Time Game Once Again
ESPN/ABC televised five of the six most-watched games in college football week 6, including the most-watched game of the week – then-No. 10 Oklahoma vs. Texas (noon ET on ABC) which earned an average of 4,992,000 viewers. The 2015 edition of the Red River Rivalry was the most-watched Sooners-Longhorn matchup since 2011 — up 18% from 2014, 6% from 2013 and 12% from 2012 (all three games at noon on ABC). Additionally, this season’s Oklahoma-Texas matchup is up 53% from the same television window in 2014 (Ohio State at Maryland).
On WatchESPN, No. 23 Cal at No. 5 Utah (ESPN at 10:15 p.m.) was the most-streamed game in week 6 with an additional 87,000 average minute impressions to the TV audience and a total of 343,000 unique viewers accounting for 19,654,000 minutes viewed. The matchup was the fourth most-streamed regular season college football game ever on WatchESPN and, now, four of WatchESPN’s five most-streamed regular-season college football games have occurred this season:
|Rank||Average Minute Impressions||Game||Date|
|1.||194,000||No. 1 Ohio State at Virginia Tech||Sept 7, 2015|
|2.||128,000||No. 15 Ole Miss at No. 2 Alabama||Sept 19, 2015|
|3.||119,000||No. 15 Auburn at No. 1 Alabama||Nov 29, 2014|
|4.||87,000||No. 23 Cal at No. 5 Utah||Oct 10, 2015|
|5.||85,000||No. 2 TCU at Minnesota||Sept 3, 2015|
Rank based on average minute impressions
On ESPN, the Golden Bears-Utes matchup garnered 2,820,000 viewers – the most-watched 10 p.m. window of the 2015 season across all networks. Additionally, the game was the third most-watched night game of week 6 and up 39% compared to last year’s same window (Utah at UCLA).
Additional Week 6 Highlights:
- Arkansas at No. 8 Alabama (ESPN at 7 p.m.) was the most-watched prime-time game, earning an average of 4,835,000 viewers. The matchup was up 29% from last season’s similar SEC window (LSU at Auburn). ESPN/ABC has televised the most-watched prime-time game each week of the 2015 college football season.
- ABC’s Saturday Night Football featuring Miami at No. 12 Florida State averaged 3,502,000 viewers, the second-most watched prime-time college football game of the week
- Regionalized action on ABC at 3:30 p.m. (Wisconsin at Nebraska and Georgia Tech at No. 6 Clemson) garnered 3,466,000 viewers, up 3% from last season’s regionalized window (Baylor at Texas and Wake Forest at Florida State).
- Throughout all of week 6, college football on WatchESPN was viewed on a total of 1,600,000 unique devices that streamed 136,600,000 million minutes, up 69% and 51%, respectively, over 2014’s week 6.
Please note: All games referenced were on Sat, Oct. 10, and comparable year-over-year games were Sat, Oct. 4, 2014.
Media contact: Derek Volner at 860-384-9986; Derek.Volner@ESPN.com and @DerekVolner