ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – will be live from The Ohio State University for the first time since 2010 on the Oval in front of the William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library on Saturday, Nov. 21. The Emmy Award-winning show – 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN – is in advance of the Saturday Night Football on ABC presented by Wells Fargo featuring No. 9 Michigan State at No. 2 Ohio State at 8 p.m.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski. Herbstreit will be on the call of the game with Chris Fowler and reporter Heather Cox.
College Football Live will originate from the College GameDay set Friday, Nov. 20, at 2 p.m. on ESPN with Ponder, Howard and Pollack at the desk.
College GameDay Fun Facts:
- This is the third straight year GameDay has been to an Ohio State-Michigan State game.
- This is the seventh time in the last 33 shows that Michigan State will play in the game at the site of College GameDay. That’s the most appearances by any team in that span (Alabama is second with 6). MSU is 4-2 in the previous six games.
- This marks the 13th time GameDay will be at the site of a Michigan State game. The Spartans are 6-6 in the previous 12 games, including 2-0 this year with wins over Oregon and Michigan.
- Corso has picked the Spartans three times – and been correct twice. He is 5-3 when picking against Michigan State.
- Corso is now 3-8 with his headgear picks this year. He’s guaranteed to have a losing regular season.
- Road teams have won the last four Big Ten games GameDay has attended – three by Ohio State (twice over Michigan State, once over Northwestern) and by Michigan State at Michigan.
- This is the 34th time (including Bowls and Conference Championship games) that GameDay will originate from an Ohio State game. The Buckeyes are 22-11 with GameDay in town. Corso is 14-5 when picking Ohio State and 6-8 when picking against Ohio State.
- This is the 14th time – and first since November 13, 2010 – that GameDay originates from Columbus. Ohio State is 10-3 in the previous home games with GameDay in attendance, but has lost two of the last three. Corso is 9-4 in headgear picks in Columbus (8-2 when picking OSU in Columbus).
- GameDay has yet to originate from the site of the No. 1 ranked team in the country this year. It’s the first time since the show has traveled each week that we have not seen the No. 1 team in the country in the first 12 weeks of the season. (In 1999 we had not been to the site of No. 1 thru 12 weeks, but there two weeks we did not travel).
College GameDay Features:
- Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich uses the teachings of his hometown hero and Oregon track legend Steve Prefontaine, to inspire his Ducks’ football team. (Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski / Producer: Jon Fish)
- Tom Rinaldi sits down with the Buckeyes’ QB JT Barrett. (Reporter: Tom Rinaldi / Producer: Jeff York)
- The Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield describes his journey from transfer to walk-on to chasing a Big 12 Championship and Heisman Trophy. (Producer: Jarrod Ficklin)