141st Belmont Stakes on ABC Saturday
ESPN and ABC will offer seven hours of coverage starting at noon ET — including ABC’s two-hour race broadcast Sat., June 6 at 5 p.m. — as jockey Calvin Borel attempts to complete an unprecedented personal Triple Crown. He will be back on board Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird in the Belmont, having switched for the Preakness where he rode filly Rachel Alexandra to the winner’s circle. All Belmont programming on ABC and ESPN will be aired in high definition on ABC HD and ESPN HD, respectively.
Overall, ESPN will provide Belmont Stakes coverage on: ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN.com, ESPN360.com, ESPN International, and ESPN Mobile TV.
Joe Tessitore will host the programming with analysts Jerry Bailey and Randy Moss, reporters Jeannine Edwards, Rece Davis, Jay Privman, Steve Cyphers, Tom Rinaldi and Caton Bredar and handicappers Kenny Mayne and Hank Goldberg. Rick Reilly will provide commentaries.
ABC Sports will use 38 cameras to cover the race, including a super slo-mo camera and a helicopter camera Features on The Belmont telecast on ABC and ESPN will include:
- Calvin Borel, life after the Derby
- Chip Wooley, trainer of Mine That Bird
- Kenny Mayne rides with Wooley from his home in New Mexico to Belmont Park
- Trainer Nick Zito’s love for the Belmont Stakes
- What makes a longshot
The multi-media coverage will include:
- ESPN.com: Stories, updates and video clips all week leading up to the Belmont.
- ESPN360.com: Will simulcast both Today at Belmont Stakes and the Belmont Stakes Special on Saturday. ESPN360.com will also feature the entire Belmont race replay after 2:30 a.m.,ET.
- ESPN Mobile TV: Will air Today at Belmont Stakes and the Belmont Stakes Special live on ESPN Mobile TV Saturday. Belmont customized content will also be featured on the ESPN Mobile Web in a dedicated section in the Hot Corner, a Breaking News Alert on the winner and video analysis. ESPN Mobile TV is ESPN’s 24/7 wireless video network available on Flo TV and MobiTV. ESPN
- International: Atlantic Network (Sub-Saharan Africa and Israel), Middle East Network (North Africa and the Middle East), Pac Rim (Australia and New Zealand), Latin American Network, Latin American Network-Brazil, and Latin-Caribbean Network..
|Noon – 2:30p.m.||Today at the Belmont Stakes||ESPN|
|2:30 – 5 p.m.||The Belmont Stakes Special||ESPN|
|5 – 5:30 p.m. 5:30 – 7p||Belmont Pre Race The 14st Belmont Stakes||ABC ABC|