Special NFL Network Programming For Week 1
NFL GameDay Season Preview – Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET; NFL GameDay Kickoff – Thursday at 5:00 PM ET
The NFL GameDay crew is back for another season.
On Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET, host Rich Eisen is joined by analysts Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin and Kurt Warner for a comprehensive 2013 NFL season preview.
Topics to be discussed:
o Expectations for the 2013 season
o Why is it so hard to repeat as Super Bowl Champions?
o A focus on Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson
o Biggest challenge facing first-year NFL head coaches
o The return of Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Darrelle Revis
o Will Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ever win another Super Bowl?
o The return of New Orleans head coach Sean Payton
On Thursday at 5:00 PM ET, the crew returns to lead into the first game of the NFL season – Baltimore Ravens vs. Denver Broncos which kicks off at 8:30 PM ET. At 7:30 PM ET, NFL Network will simulcast the NFL Kickoff events live from Baltimore and Denver with NBC.
NFL.com Seasonal Schedule
Michael Silver’s 32 Questions Column Every Monday on NFL.com; Also Writes Every Thursday
Michael Silver’s weekly 32 Questions column began this week (http://on.nfl.com/1dIAoB9) on NFL.com and will continue each Monday throughout the entire NFL season.
32 Questions will provide insight into a specific NFL situation. He will provide the same investigative reporting his readers have come to expect from the veteran NFL writer. Additionally, Silver will provide an additional tidbits from all around the NFL which will be driven by Silver’s sources around the league.
Then, throughout the week, catch Silver on NFL Total Access for further elaboration.
Silver will also write each Thursday on NFL.com. His second weekly piece will be a single-focused NFL column. Silver will take a unique look at a topic of his choice from around the league and provide additional information and context to it.
Additionally, Silver will be a regular on NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football and NFL GameDay Morning on Sundays.
Judy Battista Writes Every Tuesday and Friday; Also Conducts Weekly Mailbag on NFL.com
Veteran NFL reporter Judy Battista will write a weekly Tuesday column for NFL.com which started this week (http://on.nfl.com/17C9PGz). Battista’s column will have a main focus which will be supplemented by additional news from around the league.
Piggy-backing on the news she provided in her column, Battista will appear on Around the League each Tuesday at 6:00 PM ET.
Each week, Battista will write a weekly mailbag where she answers questions from NFL fans. NFL fans can submit their questions via the NFL Network’s social media outlets.
On Fridays, Battista prepares fans for the upcoming NFL weekend with her final column of the week. She will provide three things to watch for and have additional notes on each NFL game.
NFL.com’s Offers Six Different Podcasts Each Week
This season, NFL Digital Media offers six different podcasts which will total nine new episodes each week. To check out all the podcasts, visit: http://www.nfl.com/podcast
· Dave Dameshek Football Program: Host Dave Dameshek provides his distinctive take on everything both inside and outside the NFL. Dameshek is joined by guests each week.
· Around the League: The writers of the popular Around the League Blog take their insight to the next level with the addition of their podcast. Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus, Marc Sessler and Chris Wesseling report on everything, from breaking NFL news to fantasy football. Follow them on twitter at @NFL_ATL.
· The Coaches Show: Former NFL head coaches Steve Mariucci and Brian Billick provide a coach’s take on the NFL action from Sunday.
· The Rich Eisen Podcast: With more than 10 million downloads, the popular podcast hosted by Rich Eisen combines sports and entertainment with a unique blend of humor each week.
· Dave Dameshek Football Program: Dameshek returns with a second weekly edition of his podcast
· Around the League: The second of three weekly podcasts for the ATL crew hits as focus around the NFL shifts to the upcoming games.
· Draft 365: Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah and NFL Network college analyst Bucky Brooks provide a weekly synopsis and their analysis on the happenings in college football. Which players are primed to make a successful leap to the next level? Listen each week.
· Around the League: The third and final podcast of the week for the Around the League writers is the perfect primer heading into another week of NFL action.
· NFL Fantasy Live: NFL draft expert Michael Fabiano anchors the NFL Fantasy podcast each week. Fabiano will elaborate on his weekly ‘Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em’ columns on NFL.com. Each week he will be joined by a rotation of NFL Fantasy experts including Akbar Gbajabiamila, Adam Rank, Matt ‘Money’ Smith, and Jason Smith.
Other Weekly NFL.com Projects:
- Elliot Harrison’s Weekly Power Rankings: Every Tuesday, Elliott Harrison ranks NFL teams from No. 1 through No. 32 in his weekly power rankings. His power rankings will be a staple on NFL Network and NFL Digital Media’s programming throughout the week. (http://on.nfl.com/17CaPue)
- Michael Fabiano’s Weekly ‘Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em presented by Microsoft’: NFL Fantasy expert and Fantasy Sportswriters Association Hall of Famer Michael Fabiano releases his weekly ‘Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em’ column each Wednesday. The columns are broken down by position and provide a comprehensive look at the fantasy football picture. (http://on.nfl.com/17CaRlS)
- Game Day Satisfaction presented by Snickers: Each week, NFL.com will recap the most satisfying NFL moments from Sunday’s game through highlights and plays with Game Day Satisfaction presented by Snickers. This fast-paced, funny and exciting weekly recap will be hosted by Brian Unger of History Channel’s How the States Got Their Shapes. NFL.com will also invite fans to share with their friends along with a short 140-character message in a MadLib style format.
- NFL Fan Pass: The ultimate inside access to all things NFL kicks off the 2013 season with stops in Baltimore for 2013 NFL Kickoff and New York City for the launch of the 2013 NFL Women’s apparel line during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week hosted by NFL.com’s Crystina Poncher.
Using insider access, NFL Fan Pass provides unprecedented access to teams, players, celebrities and musicians at NFL games and events throughout the 2013 season.
NFL Fan Pass will post daily exclusive interviews, videos and photos on NFL.com/fanpass, NFL Mobile presented by Verizon and NFL Network. Fans can also follow the hashtag #nflfanpass on Twitter.
- NFL 2020 presented by Samsung: Hosted by Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, the eight-part feature series presents an informed, engaging look at what the NFL could look like in the year 2020.
The series was filmed in various places including at the lab where Kevlar football pads are being perfected and Hamar, Norway which is the home of the 360-degree camera technology that is believed to have the ability to redefine sports entertainment.
Each episode will be accompanied with a companion infographic and bonus video content.
The first episode, which debuts next week, illustrates how players will look in 2020 and describes how varied their skill sets will be.
- NFL Up!: NFL.com invites fans and young football athletes to get fit like their favorite players with NFL Up! Featuring the best NFL players and trainers in the league, NFL UP will give fans an in-depth look at what it is like to train at the professional level. In these video features, NFL players will demonstrate football drills and workout tips, plus give advice on their craft. Topics include: speed, agility, strength, endurance, cardio and more.
NFL players involved in NFL Up! include: Bobby Wagner, Ike Taylor, Akeem Ayers, Datone Jones, Kyle Long, Jamal Charles, Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, Ryan Clark, Stevie Johnson, Roddy White, Steve Weatherford, CJ Spiller, Antonio Cromartie, Travis Mays, Brandon Browner, Donald Penn, Dashon Goldson, Ryan Clady, and Greg Jennings.
NFL.com has also partnered with top NFL trainers to deliver complimentary NFL heath and fitness training tips and advice. The Up! Ambassadors include former NFL Kicker and Super Bowl Champion, John Carney of Carney Training Facility, Ryan Capretta of Proactive Sports Performance and Arizona Cardinals Strength and Conditioning coach and owner of Fischer Sports, Brett Fischer.
Visit NFL.com/UP and follow the conversation this season on twitter using the hashtag #NFLUp.
NFL Network Seasonal Programming Schedule
NFL AM – Daily Episodes at 6:00 AM ET, Re-Aired at 10:00 AM ET
Start the day off with the NFL. NFL AM airs Monday – Friday at 6:00 AM ET for four hours, offering analysis, reports from correspondents in several NFL cities, interviews with players and coaches, and game highlights.
Joining the show this year are two-time Super Bowl champion Terrell Davis, former Pro Bowl linebacker LaVar Arrington and former Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Garcia. Host Nicole Zaloumis and analysts Eric Davis, Mark Kriegel and Steve Wyche return. Paul Burmeister and Molly Qerim will also join the show this fall.
NFL Fantasy Live – Daily Episodes at 5:00 PM ET and 1:00 AM ET on NFL Network; 4:00 PM ET on NFL.com
NFL Fantasy Live, the premier show for fantasy football players, has returned with daily episodes for the entire 2013 NFL Season.
Continuing throughout the NFL season, the one-hour show airs on both NFL.com and NFL Network Monday through Friday. Catch it first on NFL.com at 4:00 PM ET and then on NFL Network at 5:00 PM ET and 1:00 AM ET. Each Monday and Thursday’s late edition will be updated to reflect results from the respective night’s game.
Each NFL Sunday at 11:30 AM ET, NFL Fantasy Live airs on NFL RedZone channel and NFL.com.
Each week, the latest fantasy rankings are reveled. Also, NFL Fantasy Live provides analysis on any preseason injury and its fantasy football impact. Also, learn about NFL Fantasy’s Fantasy Genius – the new, collaborative community for shared fantasy football information.
Around the League Live, Around the League Primetime and NFL Total Access – Primetime Lineup Starts at 6:00 PM ET Each Day.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, NFL Network presents a completely revamped evening schedule, headlined by the move of NFL Total Access in prime time to a new starting time of 8:00 PM ET.
To view the complete release, click here: http://on.nfl.com/1dHLzda
A Football Life – Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET; A Football Life: Backstory at 10:00 PM ET
The third season of A Football Life began yesterday with a profile of former NFL MVP and current NFL Network analyst LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-
Throughout the NFL Season, the two-time Emmy-nominated documentary series produced by NFL Films, A Football Life Presented by Chase airs Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM ET. This is the third season of the highly-acclaimed series.
New this season, hosted by Jenn Brown, A Football Life: Backstory airs following each episode at 10:00 PM ET on NFL Network. The 30-minute show provides a deeper look into the lives and story of each subject, features interviews with relevant individuals, and includes material that did not make the final edition of each A Football Life episode.
To view the complete release, click here: http://on.nfl.com/17htmvG
The Aftermath – Mondays at 2:00 PM ET
Each Monday at 2:00 PM ET, join host Scott Hanson and a rotation of NFL Network analysts as they breakdown the impact of Sunday’s NFL action on each team moving forward in the NFL season on an all new show, The Aftermath.
The three-hour edition of The Aftermath leads into NFL Fantasy Live.
Playbook – Fridays at 9:00 PM ET & 10:00 PM ET
See the game the way the pros do each week on Playbook, the ultimate X’s and O’s football show on television.
Super Bowl champion Shaun O’Hara joins Sterling Sharpe, Brian Baldinger and Brian Billick every Friday at 9:00 PM ET (NFC) and 10:00 PM ET (AFC) to break down each week’s games with the help of “All-22” footage – the same film used by NFL teams. Each one-hour show explains why teams have an advantage over their opponent, as well as provide an in-depth review of each Thursday Night Football game the night before.
Day-by-Day Programming Schedule:
To view the entire NFL Network programming schedule, please visit: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/
– NFL MEDIA –