NFL Kickoff 2016 Features and Segments to Air on NBCUniversal Properties Including TODAY, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, American Ninja Warrior, The Weather Channel and More
TODAY Segments Including Behind-the-Scenes Footage of the New Sunday Night Football Open Performed by Carrie Underwood
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 7, 2016 – NBCUniversal gets “Back to Football” and will surround its coverage of NFL Kickoff 2016 with a diverse collection of assets participating in NBC Sports’ ‘Big Event Strategy,’ including sports, news and entertainment properties.
NBCUniversal programs ranging from TODAY, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, American Ninja Warrior, The Dan Patrick Show and more are celebrating NFL Kickoff 2016 and the return of Sunday Night Football with football related content this week.
NBC Sports kicks off its coverage of the 2016 NFL season with a blockbuster weekend featuring all four teams from last season’s NFC and AFC Championship Games. It all begins tomorrow, September 8, on NBC, when Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller and the defending champion Denver Broncos play host to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in NFL Kickoff 2016 in a rematch of last year’s Super Bowl. Coverage begins with a special edition of Football Night In America – the most-watched weekly studio show in sports – at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Three days later, NBC Sports opens its 11th season of Sunday Night Football on September 11, when Carson Palmer and the Arizona Cardinals face Jimmy Garrapolo and the New England Patriots at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. Coverage starts with Football Night at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.
Below is a summary of the NBCU properties that are supporting NFL Kickoff 2016:
- TODAY: TODAY presents an interview and a behind-the-scenes look with Carrie Underwood and the new Sunday Night Football open, and a Sunday Night Football tailgating segment with a chef from Boston and a chef from Arizona tomorrow. The show will also preview the weather in Denver for NFL Kickoff 2016 and in Glendale for the opening SNF game of the season. Today, Kathie Lee and Hoda hosted a “Who Knew” NFL trivia segment with NBC Sports Group’s Carolyn Manno to promote Kickoff with NFL kickoff giveaways.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: The show will present an “NFL Superlatives” segment with NFL players this week supporting Kickoff and SNF.
- Access Hollywood: Tonight’s Access Hollywood takes a look at the new 2016 Sunday Night Football open featuring an interview with Carrie Underwood.
- America’s Got Talent: The show will feature NFL Kickoff 2016 related content tonight.
- CNBC: Throughout the morning tomorrow, and during CNBC’s Business Day programming on Friday morning, CNBC will discuss the business of the NFL and the return of SNF.
- NBCSN: Mike Florio brings fans the latest NFL news and interviews with players and coaches every weekday morning with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN at 7 a.m. ET.
- Golf Channel: Morning Drive will once again preview Kickoff and the premiere of Sunday Night Football.
- The Dan Patrick Show: Football Night in America’s Tony Dungy will be calling into the Dan Patrick Show tomorrow.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: NBC Sports Group’s 10 regional networks will feature NFL Kickoff 2016 preview pieces.
- NBC Sports Radio: NBC Sports Radio surrounds the 2016 NFL season with daily coverage across more than 418 radio affiliates, highlighted by Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison and Dan Schwartzman; featuring the three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison and Dan Schwartzman; Going Deep with Amani and Dan, featuring former Giants WR and Super Bowl Champion Amani Toomer and Schwartzman; and Pro Football Talk Live, simulcast on NBCSN, featuring NFL insider and Football Night In America commentator Mike Florio.
- The Weather Channel: The Weather Channel will update fans on the conditions in Denver on game day for NFL Kickoff 2016 as well as in Glendale for Sunday Night Football.
- NewsChannel/Affiliates: NBC’s NewsChannel, which feeds all 235 NBC affiliates nationwide, will produce numerous NFL Kickoff 2016 preview pieces.
- Universal Parks & Resorts: Universal Studios Hollywood and Orlando will help promote NBC’s coverage of NFL Kickoff 2016 by featuring NBC Sports-produced trailers and videos on CityWalk’s big outdoor screens.
– NBC SPORTS GROUP –