Partnership Provides Fans with Integrated Fantasy Sports Products, Original Video Programming, and Other Enhanced Digital Experiences
SUNNYVALE, Calif. & STAMFORD, Conn. — December 21, 2015 — Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) and NBC Sports Group today announced a renewal of their multi-faceted partnership that combines the content and experiences of Yahoo Sports, including its fantasy sports product, with NBC Sports Digital’s growing video assets and significant promotional power. This expanded partnership brings even more content to Yahoo/NBC Sports viewers, including Premier League highlights, NBC Sports Regional Network team reports, and Golf Channel content. It also extends the reach of the digital and on-air experiences beyond desktop to mobile and Tumblr.
Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Digital will continue to collaborate on premium sports news and events coverage both online and on-air on NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBCSports.com and Yahoo, while maintaining separate sites and editorial control of their respective newsrooms and digital properties.
“Yahoo has been a great partner, and we are pleased to extend this very complementary alliance that will now include Golf Channel,” said Rick Cordella, SVP and GM, Digital Media, NBC Sports Group. “This partnership extends the digital reach of both sides, and allows us to collaborate on the creation of widely-consumed, cross-platform content, particularly around short-form video and fantasy sports.”
“We’re thrilled to not only continue our relationship with NBC Sports, but also to expand the partnership as we work to bring more premium digital sports content to our users,” said Ian Weingarten, SVP of Corporate Development and Partnerships at Yahoo. “The addition of the Premier League and Golf Channel complements the current lineup, and we’re excited to extend the reach of NBC Sports content to Yahoo’s mobile and Tumblr users.”
Additional features of the alliance include:
- Live Sports: Yahoo will continue to offer its users access to NBC Sports’ lineup of live streaming properties, including Sunday Night Football, NHL, Notre Dame Football, NASCAR, Premier League, PGA TOUR, LPGA, and others, through NBC Sports Live Extra and Golf Live Extra.
- Rotoworld + Yahoo Fantasy: NBCSports.com’s popular digital destination, the web’s premier fantasy news and information site, will contribute season-long fantasy content to Yahoo audiences in fantasy football, basketball, baseball, and hockey.
- Golf Channel: The addition of Golf Channel will play a significant editorial role in Yahoo’s professional golf coverage.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: Local coverage will be contributed by NBC Sports Regional Networks who will provide daily topical video reports on the teams they cover in Philadelphia, Chicago, Boston, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Portland and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Fantasy Football Live: The franchise, started by Yahoo and now celebrating its 10th season, will continue to air every Tuesday through Thursday on NBCSN and every Sunday on Yahoo. Further, NBC Sports will continue promoting Yahoo’s best-in-class, season-long fantasy sports games.
Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports will continue to partner to provide scalable advertising solutions to reach engaged audiences through distinctive opportunities and sponsorships. In addition, Rotoworld.com will integrate with Yahoo Gemini for access to native advertising technology.
About NBC Sports Digital
A division of NBC Sports Group, NBC Sports Digital services sports fans around the clock and on the go by providing an array of best-in-class products that include live video streaming, short-form videos, sport-specific websites, and fantasy sports information. NBC Sports Digital consists of 15 websites and 13 apps, and distributes its content across desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs.
Yahoo is a guide focused on informing, connecting, and entertaining our users. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the Company’s blog (yahoo.tumblr.com).
–NBC SPORTS DIGITAL–