Expanded coverage on tap for Friday afternoon’s White Sox Home Opener – Live coverage begins at 2:00 PM CT!
Live coverage of CSN’s first Cubs telecast on Saturday night gets underway at 6:30 PM CT on CSN+!
World Premiere of “Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox” airs Sunday night at 7:00 PM CT!
CSNChicago.com coverage highlighted by White Sox & Cubs pre/post-game video reports, exclusive behind-the-scenes video,
Plus – feature stories, “Insider” reports, in-game Twitter coverage from talent and much more!
Chicago, IL (April 8, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the 2015 Chicago White Sox and 2015 Chicago Cubs (total of 193 live regular season games this year), will deliver expanded coverage for the White Sox Home Opener on Friday, April 10, featuring a one-hour, Opening Day edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by Lexus of Orland LIVE from U.S. Cellular Field, along with an expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru. In addition, Comcast SportsNet will also provide expanded coverage for its first Cubs game of the season on Saturday, April 11, which will be telecast on CSN+. Also, Comcast SportsNet’s digital home, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more extensive coverage this week, including exclusive, behind-the-scenes video from Opening Day at U.S. Cellular Field, along with feature stories, “Insider” reports, featured player videos, game previews/recaps and much more. Then, on Sunday night, April 12, Comcast SportsNet will air the World Premiere of Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox presented by Toyota, a 90-minute Comcast SportsNet Original Production chronicling the unforgettable journey of the ’05 World Series champions.
For the White Sox Home Opener on Friday, April 10, Comcast SportsNet’s coverage will get underway with White Sox Pregame Live presented by Lexus of Orland at 2:00 PM CT, featuring Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox studio tandem of Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton, along with extensive pre-game reports from White Sox beat reporter Jen Lada live from the ballpark. First pitch is set for 3:00 PM as the White Sox host the division rival Minnesota Twins featuring the always-entertaining White Sox announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone with the game call. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru highlighted by Robin Ventura’s live post-game press conference (also streaming live on CSNChicago.com) and clubhouse player interviews. Note the following highlights from Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox Home Opener coverage on Friday:
FRIDAY, APRIL 10 on COMCAST SPORTSNET – 2015 WHITE SOX HOME OPENER!
1:00 PM – Inside Look presented by Cadillac featuring Chris Sale & Jeff Samardzija – Encore edition of “Inside Look” (hosted by Chuck Garfien) featuring an exclusive interview with the White Sox starting rotation 1-2 punch.
1:30 PM – Inside Look presented by Cadillac featuring Adam Eaton (premiere) – This premiere edition of “Inside Look” features a unique “fishing trip” interview with White Sox centerfielder/lead-off man Adam Eaton, who discusses his career keys to success and his excitement surrounding the 2015 squad.
2:00 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by Lexus of Orland – Expanded pre-game coverage featuring Comcast SportsNet’s Chuck Garfien, Bill Melton and Jen Lada LIVE from U.S. Cellular Field. Special Opening Day pre-game features include an interview with White Sox manager Robin Ventura and White Sox players, a feature on the team’s new state-of-the-art clubhouse and weight room, a look at the new food items available at U.S. Cellular Field, plus – a special sneak preview of “Believe,” CSN’s upcoming documentary on the 2005 World Series champion White Sox (debuting Sunday night at 7:00 PM) and much more.
3:00 PM – HOME OPENER: WHITE SOX vs. MINNESOTA (L) – Featuring Ken “Hawk” Harrelson & Steve Stone on the game call
6:00 PM – White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru (time approx.) – Hosted by Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton featuring the LIVE post-game press conference with White Sox manager Robin Ventura (to also be streamed live on CSNChicago.com), along with player interviews and post-game reports from Jen Lada.
7:00 PM – White Sox vs. Minnesota (game replay)
10:00 PM & 10:30 PM – GMC SportsNet Central – LIVE, comprehensive White Sox Home Opener breakdown featuring interviews, highlights and analysis, along with additional Opening Day recaps from around Major League Baseball.
On Saturday, April 11 on CSN+, Comcast SportsNet will provide fans with extensive coverage for its first Chicago Cubs telecast of the 2014 season. Coverage begins at 6:30 PM with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, featuring hosts David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth. The Cubs will face the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field with first pitch set for 7:00 PM CT, featuring Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies providing the game call. The game will also be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois. IMPORTANT NOTE: Viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER page for the exact CSN+ channel location in their area. Note the following highlights from this special day of Cubs coverage:
SATURDAY, APRIL 11 on COMCAST SPORTSNET PLUS (CSN+) – CUBS at COLORADO!
6:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth with special pre-game features including an interview with new Cubs manager Joe Maddon, a recap of the first week of the season, an inside look at all the Wrigley Field renovations, and much more.
7:00 PM – CUBS at COLORADO (L) – Featuring Len Kasper & Jim Deshaies on the call
10:00 PM – Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois (time approx.) – Hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth featuring Joe Maddon’s LIVE post-game press conference and player interviews.
NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s first home game Cubs telecast of the 2015 campaign will take place on Monday, April 13 (on CSN+) as the Cubs host the division rival Cincinnati Reds (pre-game coverage live from Wrigley Field begins with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group at 6:30 PM with Kaplan, Hollandsworth, and Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull; first pitch is set for 7:00 PM).
On Sunday, April 12, Comcast SportsNet will carry the series finale between the White Sox and Twins with live game day coverage beginning at 12:30 PM with White Sox Pregame Live presented by Lexus of Orland. First pitch coverage begins at 1:00 PM with the game immediately followed by White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru. Then — at 7:00 PM — Comcast SportsNet proudly presents the world premiere of its latest Comcast SportsNet Original Production, Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox, narrated by Chicago southside native, Primetime Emmy & Tony Award winner, current star of Showtime’s acclaimed drama series Homeland, and lifelong White Sox fan Mandy Patinkin. Note the following highlights from this special day of Chicago baseball coverage:
SUNDAY, APRIL 12 on COMCAST SPORTSNET – WHITE SOX vs. MINNESOTA & THE WORLD PREMIERE OF “BELIEVE: THE STORY OF THE 2005 CHICAGO WHITE SOX”
12:30 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by Lexus of Orland – Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton, along with live U.S. Cellular Field pre-game reports from Jen Lada, preview the day’s action featuring interviews and detailed analysis.
1:00 PM –WHITE SOX vs. MINNESOTA (L) – Featuring Ken “Hawk” Harrelson & Steve Stone on the call
4:00 PM – White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru (time approx.) – Hosted by Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton featuring the LIVE post-game press conference with White Sox manager Robin Ventura (to also be streamed live on CSNChicago.com), along with player interviews and post-game reports from Jen Lada.
4:30 PM – Inside Look presented by Cadillac featuring Adam Eaton (time approx.) – See Friday, April 10 at 1:30 PM for details.
6:30 PM –SportsNet Central presented by Comcast Business – Complete White Sox and Cubs recaps, along with Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs news, the latest Bulls playoff push updates and much more.
7:00 PM – “BELIEVE: THE STORY OF THE 2005 CHICAGO WHITE SOX presented by Toyota” – World Premiere of the 90-minute Comcast SportsNet Original Production chronicling the unexpected, triumphant season of the 2005 World Series Champion White Sox.
10:00 PM & 10:30 PM – GMC SportsNet Central – Complete breakdown of the day sports featuring post-game reaction, the latest team/player news, interviews, detailed highlights, analysis, playoff previews and much more.
In addition to the comprehensive White Sox and Cubs Opening Week coverage on Comcast SportsNet, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com all season long for even more comprehensive 24/7 coverage, including:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon and White Sox manager Robin Ventura’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every home game.
- Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney returns for his sixth season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Mooney will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in select Comcast SportsNet Cubs home games. Mooney’s online content this season will be presented by Nationwide ®.
- White Sox “Insider” Dan Hayes returns for his fourth season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @CSNHayes for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Hayes will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in select Comcast SportsNet White Sox home games.
- Cubs Pre/Postgame Live host David Kaplan will once again offer on-going reports and insight via his popular “The Kapman” blog, which will include video content. Kaplan can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @thekapman, for up-to-the-second Cubs news.
- White Sox Pre/Postgame Live host Chuck Garfien will provide his on-going reports and insight via his popular “Sox Drawer” blog, which will include exclusive video content. Garfien can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @ChuckGarfien, for up-to-the-second White Sox news.
- “Cubs Pulse” & “White Sox Pulse,” CSNChicago.com’s one-stop social media hubs that reveal the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Cubs/White Sox Pulse” aggregates all Cubs/White Sox player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #CubsTalk and #WhiteSoxTalk. For additional 24/7 team updates on Twitter, fans are urged to follow @CSNCubs and @CSNWhiteSox.
- CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporters Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing game day reports, analysis and features throughout the season.
- In addition to his on-air duties, Kaplan will partner with Mooney and CSN’s Cubs baseball beat reporter Kelly Crull (@kcru11) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going special features and more.
- In addition to his on-air duties, Garfien will partner with Hayes and CSN’s White Sox baseball beat reporter Jen Lada (@JenLada) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going special features and more.
- CubsTalk and WhiteSoxTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs and White Sox news and opinion sections featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. CubsTalk and WhiteSoxTalk are under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBaskteballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk, ChiFireTalk, BearsTalk, PrepsTalk, IrishTalk and B1GTalk which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
- CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Cubs and White Sox content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
- CSNChicago.com’s Cubs and White Sox content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, Yahoo! Sports and Xfinity.com.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.