NEW YORK (June 6, 2011)– VERSUS will air Games 3 and 4 of the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Final beginning tonight as the series shifts to Boston with the Vancouver Canucks leading the Bruins, 2-0. Coverage for both games on VERSUS begins at 7:30 p.m. ET with half-hour pregame coverage live from TD Garden in Boston. VERSUS will also continue to present extensive postgame coverage of Hockey Central live from the arena after all games.
Hockey Central pre- and postgame shows on VERSUS will feature the latest highlights, news, analysis and player interviews from the series and tonight’s game. Bill Patrick will host both shows tonight with Keith Jones and Mike Milbury serving as analysts for the pregame coverage. Jeremy Roenick and in-arena reporter Darren Pang will join Patrick for the postgame show.
Emmy-award winner Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play-by-play) and Eddie Olczyk (analyst) will anchor VERSUS’ game coverage with analyst Pierre McGuire stationed “inside-the-glass.”
NBC SPORTS GROUP STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE (all times ET)
Monday, June 6
Game 3: Vancouver at Boston, 8 p.m. ET – VERSUS
Wednesday, June 8
Game 4: Vancouver at Boston, 8 p.m. ET – VERSUS
Friday, June 10
Game 5 (if necessary): Boston at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET – NBC
Monday, June 13
Game 6 (if necessary): Vancouver at Boston, 8 p.m. ET – NBC
Wednesday, June 15
Game 7 (if necessary): Boston at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET – NBC
DIGITAL: NBCSports.com and VERSUS.com have combined forces to create a single, robust destination for hockey fans during the NHL Stanley Cup Final. The NBC Sports Group consolidated NHL content from both the NBCSports.com and VERSUS.com’s hockey sections onto the rapidly-growing NBCSports.com site. One of the key content areas is ProHockeyTalk, one of NBCSports.com‘s popular “Sports Talk” platforms that also include ProFootballTalk, CollegeFootballTalk, HardBallTalk, ProBasketballTalk and ProGolfTalk.
Some of the features on NBCSports.com during the Stanley Cup Final include:
- Online-only videos featuring VERSUS and NBC Sports hockey commentators previewing upcoming games and wrapping-up all of the NHL action that day.
- “Star-Cam,” which follows marquee players in NBC games, and “Net-Cam,” which provides a unique perspective from behind the goalie.
- ProHockeyTalk, which recently had its most-trafficked month ever, will update the 2011 Stanley Cup Final news around the clock.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Fans can also keep up with the NHL Stanley Cup Final through a variety of NBC Sports and VERSUS social media platforms throughout the postseason. Content will include:
- Behind the Scenes: Through the joint “NHL on NBC and VERSUS” Facebook page and @NHLonNBC_VS on Twitter, fans receive exclusive behind-the-scenes photos, interviews and video.
- Commentator Tweets: Various NBC and VERSUS commentators will provide Twitter content throughout the Final, including occasional in-game Tweets.
- Fan Questions: Fans will have the opportunity to ask questions to NBC and VERSUS commentators via Facebook and Twitter.
- Team Tabs: Fans who “Like” the joint NBC and VERSUS Facebook page will have the opportunity to play a variety of games and upload fan photos based around each of their favorite teams who made the playoffs. As teams advance in the playoffs, new and more difficult games will challenge fans.
- News: Fans can follow NBC and VERSUS Facebook and Twitter accounts to receive the most up to date scores, reports and stories from around the NHL and ProHockeyTalk.