TNT to Exclusively Televise 18 Hours of Live Coverage
Enhancements to Sports Emmy Award-Winning PGA Championship LIVE
PGA.com Fan Voting to Determine 15th Hole Location & Top PGA Championship Moment
Turner Sports will provide comprehensive multimedia coverage of the 95th PGA Championship held August 8-11 from Oak Hill Country Club’s East Course in Rochester, N.Y. TNT will televise 18 hours of exclusive live action including six hours each day on Thursday and Friday, Aug. 8-9, from 1-7 p.m. ET, along with live coverage of the third and fourth rounds on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 10-11, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
This marks the 23rd consecutive year of Turner Sports’ coverage of the PGA Championship and TNT’s 15th straight year televising the event. TNT commentators will include Sports Emmy Award-winning host Ernie Johnson, analysts Ian Baker-Finch and Billy Kratzert and reporter Vince Cellini.
PGA.com, managed by Turner Sports, will offer extensive coverage of the event including live streaming via PGA Championship LIVE, an award-winning digital franchise with multiple live video streams allowing fans to follow marquee groups and par-3 coverage. This year, PGA Championship LIVE will offer fans a new and improved design including a larger screen devoted to video and a responsive design which allows for the best display across a wide variety of devices. PGA Championship LIVE is available on all platforms including desktop, mobile web and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. PGA.com’s announce team will include host Brian Katrek, analyst Michael Breed, featured reporter Matt Adams, course reporters Craig Sager and Ted Tryba and media center reporter Amanda Balionis.
Additionally, for the first time ever, fan voting on PGA.com will determine the hole location of a major championship through the newly created “PGA Championship Pick the Hole Location Challenge Hosted by Jack Nicklaus.” Fans can continue to vote through Saturday, Aug. 10, via PGA.com to determine the location of the picturesque par-3 15th hole. On Sunday, Aug. 11, during the final round of the Championship, fans will be able to see the winning position.
PGA.com fan voting will also define the “PGA Championship: Moments of Glory.” From Aug. 4-7, fans will be able to cast their vote from a list of 18 signature moments in PGA Championship history. The top five will be unveiled during TNT’s telecast on Thursday, Aug. 8, and voting will continue through Saturday, August 10, until the top moment is announced during TNT’s final round coverage and via PGA.com on Sunday, Aug. 11.
Additional cross-platform highlights:
- TNT Total Motion – a super slo-mo camera will deliver a definitive point of view for swing analysis and a review of specialty shots.
- Golf Trax – TNT and PGA.com will provide viewers with a virtual tour of the course along with an aerial view of a player’s ball direction and a 360-degree view of each hole.
- TNT Pro Tracer – viewers will be able to see the flight of the ball for select shots live during play.
- Walter Hagen feature – TNT will profile the career of Rochester native Walter Hagen, a five-time winner of the PGA Championship.
- Moments of Glory Flashbacks – a look back at some of the greatest moments in PGA Championship history.
- Billy’s Course – TNT analyst Kratzert will take an in-depth look at the Oak Hill Country Club’s East Course.
- Chasing the Trophy – a daily all-access look at Chip Sullivan, one of the PGA Club Professionals competing in this year’s PGA Championship.
- Drive to The PGA Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz – Breed, 2012 PGA Teacher of the Year, will provide tips on how to play the course.
- 360-Degree Camera – while watching PGA Championship coverage on the site, fans will be able to access a 360-degree camera that provides a panoramic look and natural sound from the course. Users can drag the camera right, left, or up and down in a 360-degree circle to see action from various vantage points including the practice range, putting green and other course locations.
- Video Highlight Hub – an enhanced experience will allow fans to search and browse by player, round, hole or top moment from the 2013 PGA Championship.
- Predict It – an interactive feature available through PGA Championship LIVE which will provide fans the opportunity to predict the outcome of situations that could happen on the course.
- Social Leaderboard – fans can get a closer look at the score and the social conversation surrounding each player through a more interactive leaderboard. Available via PGA.com on desktop, the enhanced leaderboard allows fans to see video highlights and follow the social conversation around each hole. The leaderboard is sponsored by Mercedes-Benz and National Car Rental.
- Expanded Suite of Mobile Apps – Turner Sports will expand its suite of mobile apps this year with a new PGA Championship iPad app and a new Android app. The iPad app will provide users with news, video alerts, detailed leaderboard and scorecards and access to live video streaming. The Android app will offer access to news, the leaderboard and a player locator. Sponsored by Mercedes-Benz, the apps are available via the App Store and Google Play.
- Mobile Website – in addition to the PGA Championship apps, the PGA.com mobile website will be enhanced to offer live video, live scoring, news and updates throughout the event.
- Twitter Mirror – making its first appearance at a major golf championship, the Twitter mirror will allow fans to see candid shots of their favorite competitors as players use the mirror to tweet out behind-the-scenes shots from the handle @PGA_com.
- Video Highlights – @PGA_com will provide fans with video clips of key moments and highlights during the tournament.
- Social Caddy – inserted within the leaderboard, fans can view social content by hole, player and key moment.
- #PGAChamp – using the hashtag #PGAChamp, fans can join in and follow the conversation from PGA professionals, analysts and other golf fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google +.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, NASCAR and professional golf. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across broadband and mobile platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated Team Stream app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.