– Coverage kicks off on Tuesday, Jan. 22 with double-header action featuring
Washington @ Winnipeg at 7 p.m. ET and San Jose @ Edmonton at 9:30 p.m. ET –
– Forty-two NHL ON TSN match-ups feature at least one Canadian team –
TORONTO (January 12, 2013) – Game on! The NHL’s biggest stars are finally hitting the ice on Canada’s Sports Leader, as TSN today announced its 42-game 2013 NHL ON TSN national broadcast schedule. In addition to producing 42 games this season, TSN has extensive NHL coverage across all of its platforms including TSN2, TSN Mobile TV, TSN Radio, TSN Digital, and on TSN’s official Facebook and Twitter sites – proving once again that Hockey Lives Here.
All 42 games on TSN feature at least one Canadian team in action. TSN also retains English-language exclusivity of WEDNESDAY NIGHT HOCKEY, during which there are no other national or local NHL telecasts.
TSN and TSN2’s regular season schedule of live NHL games showcasing non-Canadian teams will be announced in the coming days.
In addition to its national broadcast package, TSN will also broadcast 34 regional Winnipeg Jets games on TSN Jets, as well as regional Montreal Canadiens games on TSN Canadiens.
RDS returns with French-language coverage of all Montreal Canadiens games. RDS and RDS2 will confirm its package of games featuring other NHL teams in the coming days.
TSN’s 42-game national broadcast package is part of the network’s multi-year, multimedia rights agreement with the NHL that also includes national coverage of the first three rounds of the STANLEY CUP® PLAYOFFS.
All of TSN’s nationally televised NHL games are also available live on TSN Mobile TV.
NHL ON TSN
Regular season coverage kicks off on Tuesday, Jan. 22 with double-header action featuring Winnipeg @ Washington at 7 p.m. ET immediately followed by San Jose @ Edmonton at 10 p.m. ET on TSN. (See attached PDF for complete broadcast schedule or click here.)
TSN’s 2013 NHL regular season coverage includes 10 Toronto Maple Leafs games, nine Montreal Canadiens games, six games each for the Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Vancouver Canucks, and three Winnipeg Jets games.
Additional highlights of the NHL ON TSN regular season schedule are as follows:
· Five Original Six match-ups
· Four all-Canadian match-ups
· Four games featuring the Stanley Cup champion L.A. Kings
· Four games featuring superstar Sidney Crosby, 2011-12 Hart Trophy winner Evgeni Malkin, and the Pittsburgh Penguins
· Three games with Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals
· The Edmonton Oilers’ home opener at Rexall Place on Tuesday, Jan. 22
· 10 double-headers
In addition to its package of regular season and playoff games, TSN has exclusive Canadian coverage of the NHL DRAFT LOTTERY, NHL DRAFT, and the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CELEBRATION. TSN complements this exclusive lineup with its own signature NHL specials including TRADECENTRE, FREE AGENT FRENZY, NHL FANTASY DRAFT, TOP 50 PLAYERS, and BOB MCKENZIE’S NHL DRAFT RANKING.
James Duthie returns as host of NHL ON TSN, alongside Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun, and analyst Aaron Ward. For the network’s extensive live game coverage, TSN will use two broadcast teams featuring play-by-play announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert and game analysts Ray Ferraro and Mike Johnson.
TSN Jets delivers live coverage of 34 Winnipeg Jets games – with six match-ups against Canadian teams – to fans living in the team’s broadcast area. Coverage begins on Monday, Jan. 21 with Winnipeg @ Boston. Calling all the action on TSN Jets are play-by-play commentator Dennis Beyak and game analysts Mike Johnson, Brian Engblom, and Shane Hnidy. TSN Jets is available on all major television service providers in the Winnipeg Jets broadcast region.
TSN Canadiens brings live English-language coverage of regular season Montreal Canadiens games to fans in the Montreal broadcast region. TSN will confirm its Canadiens regional broadcast schedule in the coming days.
TSN Radio and TEAM Radio
Fans can set their radio dial to TSN Radio and TEAM Radio stations across the country for live NHL game broadcasts. Live radio streaming of TSN Radio stations is available online at TSN.ca/Radio and on the TSN Mobile app, while TEAM 1040 and TEAM 1200 streaming is available on the stations’ home page. Coverage is as follows:
· TSN Radio 1050 Toronto – 24 Toronto Maple Leafs games
· TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg – all Winnipeg Jets games
· TSN Radio 690 Montreal – all Montreal Canadiens games
· TEAM 1040 Vancouver – all Vancouver Canucks games
· TEAM 1200 Ottawa – all Ottawa Senators games
News and Studio Shows
TSN’s best-in-class team of hockey Insiders, analysts, and reporters have the NHL covered from all angles, delivering extensive news, reports, and analysis throughout the season. Along with the NHL ON TSN’s acclaimed studio show, Gino Reda helms his daily hockey magazine show, THAT’S HOCKEY, while THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE with host Steve Kouleas continues to be the ultimate destination for nightly NHL highlights. NHL coverage is also featured prominently on SPORTSCENTRE, OFF THE RECORD WITH MICHAEL LANDSBERG, and TSN THE REPORTERS WITH DAVE HODGE.
TSN Digital platforms deliver comprehensive coverage of the 2013 NHL season, with up-to-the-minute news, scores, and stats, along with highlights of every game, in-depth features, and exclusive interviews with players, coaches, and GMs from around the league. Fans can also access columns and blogs by TSN’s hockey experts and Insiders, and participate in live online chats.
Other highlights from TSN Digital include:
· Live radio streaming of Leafs, Jets, and Canadiens games on TSN.ca/Radio and on the TSN Mobile app.
· Ice Chips featuring all the latest news and lineups from TSN’s hockey reporters, along with Twitter updates from NHL teams and beat reporters from around the league – all available on the same page.
· The brand-new TSN Video Zone, which offers a high-resolution, large-format video player and includes NHL team channels and an updated search engine.
· TSN Fantasy Hockey – the industry-leading online league manager powered by ESPN features multiple draft methods, live box scores, player trades and waivers, custom player updates, free agency, sortable stats, and more. In addition, fans have the chance to win a VIP Wednesday Night Hockey Experience just by joining or creating a league.
· TSN Hockey Challenge presented by Kia Canada – fans can compete against the nation by selecting their own 12-player fantasy team each week, with the goal of accumulating the most points. The fan with the highest score at the end of the season will win an all-new 2014 Kia Forte Sedan.
· TSN Predictor: Hockey Edition presented by Kia Canada –fans have the chance to put together the longest winning streak of the month by predicting the outcome of nightly hockey match-ups. Each monthly winner is entered into a Grand Prize draw for the chance to win a 2013 Kia Optima SX.
· TSN.ca’s special TRADECENTRE and DRAFTCENTRE sections are available all season long, enabling fans to keep tabs on their favourite teams and players leading up to the NHL Trade Deadline and NHL Draft.
Fans can also keep up with the NHL via the TSN Mobile app for iPhone, iPod Touch, Android-powered smartphones, and BlackBerry, along with the TSN app for iPad and the TRADECENTRE app for iPad and iPhone.
TSN is Canada’s Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB Sunday Night Baseball, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
– TSN –