“This is by far the most impressive season [of his career].” – Steve Mariucci on Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning
“There are too many guys who have a voice, too many guys who speak to the press ‘anonymously.’ At this point, this locker room is just falling apart.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on the New York Jets
“The Cowboys can be a threat in the NFC period.” – Michael Irvin on the 4-5 Dallas Cowboys
Quotes from First on the Field
Every Sunday morning at 7:00 AM ET, NFL Network is First on the Field with Melissa Stark, LaDainian Tomlinson, Sterling Sharpe and Michael Lombardi providing the first analysis of the day’s games.
LaDainian Tomlinson Clarifying Comments he Made Earlier About Tim Tebow Criticism coming from the Jets’ Locker Room:
“I was just suggesting who it may be. I don’t know for sure who it was. I know Bart Scott is an outspoken guy and he is right: he does typically put his name on things, as does [Antonio] Cromartie. Listen, I was just speculating on things. I’m not sure who said it but I know there is a problem and that there has been one for years.
“Whenever you lose in New York, everyone wants to know what the problem is. The problem is too many people can talk in that locker room. Back in the days when you [to Sterling Sharpe] played, there were only certain guys who could say something. One message. Now there are too many guys who have a voice, too many guys who speak to the press ‘anonymously.’ At this point, this locker room is just falling apart.”
– “There is only one team that scares everybody in the National Football League, and that’s the New Orleans Saints because they get off the bus scoring points.” – Sterling Sharpe on the 4-5 New Orleans Saints
– “When the Dolphins have to play from behind, [Ryan] Tannehill is really exposed…He doesn’t have that ability to take the playbook the way Andrew Luck has and expand it further.” – Michael Lombardi on Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill
– “I can’t say enough positive things about what Greg Schiano has done in Tampa, changing the culture there. The players are buying in. You can see the excitement.” – Michael Lombardi on first-year Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano
Quotes from NFL GameDay Morning
NFL GameDay Morning is the most comprehensive pregame show on Sunday morning, airing at 9:00 AM ET on NFL Network and taking viewers straight up to kickoff. Host Rich Eisen joins analysts Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin to bring fans the latest news, injury reports, pregame analysis and game previews.
– “This is by far the most impressive season [of his career].” – Steve Mariucci on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
– “The Cowboys can be a threat in the NFC period…They have these cornerbacks that can hold down and play with the Giants, hold down and play with the Bears, Falcons – all of those [teams].” – Michael Irvin on the Dallas Cowboys
– “I want to see who is going to step out and say, ‘We are the best team in the league,’ and then run with it…Each week a team finds a way to come back to the crowd.” – Marshall Faulk on Week 11 of the season
– “Joe is a voice of reason; he’s calm, he understands the job at hand and he gets players to play.” – Marshall Faulk on New Orleans Saints interim head coach Joe Vitt
– “I do put something on the head coach. Rex [Ryan], we want to get on [Mike] Tannenbaum – you have to try everything that he’s given you before you say, ‘Get out Tannenbaum’…Let’s try something else, let’s do something else because obviously what we’re doing is not working.” – Michael Irvin on the 3-6 New York Jets
– “A locker room belongs to the players. It’s our sanctuary. Respect it. Whatever goes on in there, don’t let it get out of there…That’s the problem with the Jets right now: everybody wants their voice heard.” – Marshall Faulk on the New York Jets’ locker room
– “Until they can attack the middle of the field with their tight ends or throw the ball deep, Ray Rice is going to continue to struggle.” – Marshall Faulk on Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice
– “A four-down player – that’s what Randall Cobb.” – Michael Irvin on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb
Front Office View with Michael Lombardi
On how much Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum is responsible for the team’s struggles:
“When you look at the talent on the Jets’ roster, certainly it has gone down over the last three seasons when they went to the conference championship game and lost to the Indianapolis Colts. You start with Damien Woody at right tackle – they really haven’t fixed that problem. Thomas Jones the running back was the starter back then – haven’t fixed that problem; Shonn Greene is not the main guy. Defensively, when you go over and look on that side, it becomes more problematic and lot of it is because of the guaranteed contracts. The way they’ve structured these deals, the guys aren’t going to be going anywhere. They’re going to be on the team, so therefore the talent level has gone down. That’s ultimately the general manager’s call.”
On NFL.com the following video clips from First on the Field & NFL GameDay Morning are available for viewing:
LaDainian Tomlinson: Too Many People Talking in Jets’ Locker Room – Former New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson explains what he thinks continues to be the issue in the Jets’ locker room:
Who Can Replace Andy Reid? – Michael Lombardi takes a look at some possible replacements for Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Find Offensive Spark in 2012 – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made several key acquisitions to the offensive side of the ball this offseason, turning their offense into one of the most dangerous in the NFC:
Sam Gordon, Girl Football Sensation, Joins NFL GameDay Morning – Nine year-old football star Sam Gordon took the football world by storm with her YouTube video. Now she joins NFL GameDay Morning to showcase some of her best moves:
Manning’s Most Impressive Season? – Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has led his new team to a 6-3 record atop the AFC West. Is this Manning’s best season to date? The NFL GameDay Morning believes so:
New York Jets’ Locker Room Circus Continues – At 3-6 and with their locker room issues in the bright lights, NFL GameDay Morning discusses where the New York Jets can go from here:
Can the New Orleans Saints Snag a Playoff Berth? – After an 0-4 start to the season, the New Orleans Saints have fought their way back into the playoff conversation. But at 4-5, can the Saints complete the comeback trail?
What’s Next in Philly? – Melissa Stark analyzes the struggles of the Philadelphia Eagles and the possible end of an era:
Who Controls the NFC East? – With the New York Giants struggling in November once again, the NFC East race is wide open. So, who has the edge with seven weeks remaining?
Bold Predictions – The NFL GameDay Morning crew goes out on some major limbs to make some big predictions for Week 11:
Marshall Plan – Marshall Faulk breaks down the play of New Orleans Saints running back Chris Ivory and how Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice can get more involved versus the Pittsburgh Steelers:
NFL Network broadcasts seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the only television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming is streamed live on NFL Mobile from Verizon. For more information, log on to www.nfl.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
– NFL MEDIA –