Match Airs Live Tomorrow at 3:30 A.M. ET on NBCSN and Live Streamed on NBC Sports Gold; Pre-Match Coverage Begins at 3 A.M. ET
All Team USA Games Televised Live on NBCSN and Live Streamed on NBC Sports Gold
BBC Sports Rugby Pundit Chris Jones Joins New Episode of The Scrumdown Podcast; Alex Corbisiero and Brian Hightower Preview France v. USA
Exclusive Matches on NBC Sports Gold’s “Rugby World Cup Pass” This Week Include New Zealand v. Canada & England v. Argentina
STAMFORD, Conn. – Oct. 1, 2019 – Team USA continues its 2019 Rugby World Cup pool play with their second match of the tournament tomorrow, October 1, when the Eagles face France from Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium in Fukuoka City, Japan. Pre-match coverage begins live at 3 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Gold. The match starts live at 3:30 a.m. ET.
Sky Sports’ Rupert Cox will handle the play-by-play call along with NBC Sports’ rugby analysts Alex Corbisiero, who played internationally for England, and Brian Hightower, a former USA Rugby World Cup participant and USA Sevens captain. Sky Sports’ James Cole will provide live reports on Team USA from on-site at Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium.
Additionally, NBC Sports’ Ahmed Fareed will host studio coverage with Corbisiero, Hightower and Dan Lyle, a former USA Rugby captain and Premiership Rugby player. Cox, Fareed, Corbisiero, Hightower and Lyle will all take part in the pre-match show, which begins at 3 a.m. ET.
Team USA looks to rebound from its tournament-opening loss to England last week as the Eagles compete in Pool C – the “Pool of Death” – against England, Argentina, France and Tonga. NBCSN will televise all U.S. matches live.
Following is Team USA’s remaining pool play schedule (listed time when coverage begins):
- Wednesday, October 2 at 3:00 a.m. ET v. France
- Wednesday, October 9 at 11:45 p.m. ET v. Argentina
- Sunday, October 13 at 1:30 a.m. ET v. Tonga
The 2019 Rugby World Cup began on September 20 and culminates with the Rugby World Cup Final on Saturday, Nov. 2, from International Stadium Yokohama. The World Cup Final, along with both semifinal matches, will be available live on NBC Sports Gold and re-aired on NBC. NBCSN will also present live coverage of the 2019 Final.
The third episode of The Scrumdown podcast is available now, as Hightower joins Corbisiero to breakdown Team USA’s performance against England and preview tomorrow’s match v. France. BBC Sports rugby pundit Chris Jones also joins the podcast to discuss the refereeing in the World Cup and preview the upcoming England v. Argentina match.
Click here for quotes from NBC Sports’ Rugby World Cup commentating team previewing Team USA and the 2019 World Cup.
NBC Sports Gold provides rugby fans with unprecedented access to Rugby World Cup 2019 with multiple direct-to-consumer live streaming passes, which include commercial-free coverage, live and on-demand, on desktop, mobile, tablet and connected TV devices.
Highlighting live exclusive matches this week on NBC Sports Gold are:
- Wednesday, October 2 at 6:00 a.m. ET: New Zealand v. Canada
- Thursday, October 3 at 1:00 a.m. ET: Georgia v. Fiji
- Saturday, October 5 at 3:45 a.m. ET: England v. Argentina
- Saturday, October 5 at 6:15 a.m. ET: Japan v. Samoa
Following are the NBC Sports Gold Rugby World Cup 2019 options available for purchase:
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- Available for $199.99 for the entire tournament ($4.15 per game)
- Includes all 48 matches live, commercial-free and on-demand
- 22 exclusive matches to be shown only on NBC Sports Gold
- Features exclusive original programming, daily pre- and post-day shows, extended match highlights and more
- “Rugby World Cup Single Match Pass”
- Available for $29.99 for one pool play match
- “All-Access Premium Rugby Pass”
- Available for $229.99
- Includes all offerings from “Rugby Pass” and “Rugby World Cup Pass”
- “Rugby Pass” consists of all matches from the Premiership Rugby League, Six Nations Championship, Heineken Champions Cup and knockout phase matches of the European Rugby Cup Challenge
- “Rugby World Cup Pass”
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 17 individual sports “passes” – twelve domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Premier League Match Day, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Rugby World Cup, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com, and also on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.
-2019 RUGBY WORLD CUP-