– “I wish I could have played for [Bill Belichick].” – Deion Sanders on New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick
– “This defense is good enough to win a Super Bowl…They’re good against the run, they can cover. Bringing in [Brandon] Browner, bringing in [Darrelle] Revis, now they can matchup with those high-powered offenses.” – Willie McGinest on the New England Patriots defense that held the San Diego Chargers to just seven points on offense in a 23-14 win
– “I just love what [Julian Edelman] has become in the National Football League. He’s earned it the old fashioned way. He has worked his way to become of the best receivers in this league right now.” – Michael Irvin on New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman who had eight receptions for 141 yards and a touchdown
– “[Rob Gronkowski] is my man. I want my son to play like Gronk.” – Michael Irvin on New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski who had eight receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown
– “The secondary is playing physical, they’re getting to the ball, [and] they’re making things happen. It seems as though they come up and make a play week in and week out. This is a whole collection of players on defense that have bought in to the Bill Belichick way and they are exuding with confidence.” – Deion Sanders on the New England Patriots defense
– “J.J. Watt is the MVP of this league.” – Deion Sanders on Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt who had three sacks on Sunday in a 27-13 win versus the Jacksonville Jaguars
– “[The Seattle Seahawks are] playing championship football.” – Michael Irvin on the Seattle Seahawks who beat the Philadelphia Eagles 24-14
– “This Legion of Boom is now playing like they did last year as Super Bowl champs…The chemistry on this defense is unbelievable.” – Steve Mariucci on the Seattle Seahawks defense which held the Philadelphia Eagles to 139 yards of total offense
– “[Fletcher Cox] is playing like Reggie White reincarnated.” – Michael Irvin on Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Fletcher Cox who led the Eagles in tackles with 11 against the Seattle Seahawks
– “[The Philadelphia Eagles] have the best running back this season in the NFL. Run the darn football until the cows come home and keep that [opposing] offense off the field.” – Deion Sanders on the Philadelphia Eagles offensive game plan and running back LeSean McCoy
– “Tony Romo has to show the Dallas fanbase that he can overcome this big hurdle and get his team to their rightful position – and that’s the lead in the playoffs and win the NFC.” – Deion Sanders on what the Dallas Cowboys have to do for the remainder of the season
– “I’m still in [the playoff race]. I’m not totally out of it so I’m staying with [Brian] Hoyer until I know I’m out of it because if you go with [Johnny] Manziel, you can’t go back.” – Deion Sanders on the Cleveland Browns quarterback situation
– “When you’re able to have that type of production with that size, I have to say right now [Le’Veon Bell] is the best doing it.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell who had 235 total yards and 3 touchdowns
– “I thought [Mike Evans] was one of the top players in the draft and he is showing it. He is just that.” – Michael Irvin on Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans who had four receptions for 45 yards and two touchdowns
On NFL.com the following video clip from NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
– Week 14 Let’s Go Primetime – Deion Sanders provides his top 10 performances of Week 14:
– Should Manziel Replace Hoyer as Starter? – Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin discuss the quarterback situation in Cleveland:
– Edelman on Big Play, Victory over the Chargers – NFL Network’s Willie McGinest and Marshall Faulk were in San Diego for the Patriots-Chargers game and caught up with New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman after the game:
About NFL GameDay Highlights
Every Sunday evening at 7:30 PM ET, NFL Network recaps the afternoon action with NFL GameDay Highlights. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson and Steve Mariucci provide highlights, analysis and set the stage for Sunday Night Football.
About NFL GameDay Final
Every Sunday night at 11:30 PM ET, recap the complete day in the NFL with NFL GameDay Final. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin put the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis.
NFL Mobile from Verizon
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL Redzone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
– NFL MEDIA –