10 a.m. ET Start for Countdown; NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition at 9 a.m.
Sunday NFL Countdown: Bruce Arians’ Journey; Seahawks GM John Schneider on Dealing with Autism; Soundtracks with J.J. Watt and Cam Newton; and More
ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown host Chris Berman, with analysts Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson will preview NFL week 13 on December 6 at 10 a.m. ET, one hour earlier than normal because of college football programming. Reporter/host Wendi Nix will host select segments, NFL insiders Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter will report the day’s headlines and news, with senior analyst Matthew Berry and special contributor Stephen A. Smith.
This week, ESPN’s lead college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit will make guest appearances on the two-hour program prior to the live presentation of College Football Playoff Selection Day presented by AT&T (12 – 4 p.m.). Countdown is preceded as always by NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition at 9 a.m. featuring host Trey Wingo, NFL Insiders Mortensen and Schefter and NFL Front Office Insider Louis Riddick.
Reporter game assignments for week 13:
- Jets at Giants (Josina Anderson)
- Seahawks at Vikings (Bob Holtzman)
- Texans at Bills (Britt McHenry)
- Panthers at Saints (Ed Werder)
- Eagles at Patriots (Sal Paolantonio)
- Bruce Arians: Bruce Arians, the Cardinals head coach has won coach of the year with two separate teams – in 2012 as offensive coordinator and interim head coach of the Colts, and last season with the Cardinals. He has been successful turning around teams wherever he has coached. SportsCenter’s Jade McCarthy traces Arians’ career journey
- John Schneider – Dealing with Autism: Before building the Seattle Seahawks to a team that won the NFC two straight seasons, GM John Schneider almost walked away from the game to help his wife, Traci, care for their autistic son, Ben. Schneider and his wife explain the challenges of autism and how through hard work, Ben has progressed. Countdown’s Michelle Beisner reports.
- Soundtracks – J.J. Watt: Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, who has led his team to four straight wins, wired for in-game audio during last Sunday’s 24-6 win vs. the Saints is the subject of this week’s “Soundtracks.”
- Soundtracks – Cam Newton: The 11-0 Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, wired for in-game audio in Carolina’s week 11 home win over the Redskins, will be featured in the second Countdown “Soundtracks” in the show.
ESPN’s Monday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Kirk Cousins and the division-leading Washington Redskins host their NFC East rival the Dallas Cowboys on ESPN’s Monday Night Football on December 7 at 8:15 p.m. ET. The MNF commentator team of Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and Lisa Salters call the game from FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland.
Monday’s game is the 17th Redskins-Cowboys meeting on MNF, tying Raiders-Broncos for the most-played series in Monday night history. The same matchup a year ago ranked as ESPN’s third most-viewed MNF game ever.
Leading into the matchup, Chris Berman and Suzy Kolber host Monday Night Countdown at 6 p.m. on ESPN. NFL analysts Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson and Insiders Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter review Sunday’s games and preview the MNF matchup with Berman in studio, while Trent Dilfer, Ray Lewis, Steve Young and Kolber offer analysis from FedEx Field.
MNF is available on ESPN Deportes and will be streamed live on WatchESPN for fans with video subscriptions from affiliated providers.
NFL Sundays on ESPN Radio Doubleheader: NY-NY, Eagles at Patriots
ESPN Radio’s national coverage of Sunday afternoon NFL regular-season games will continue Sunday, Dec. 6, with a doubleheader beginning with pre-game coverage at noon, when Ryan Fitzpatrick and the New York Jets play as the road team in their own building against Eli Manning and the New York Giants. Bill Rosinski, Mark Dominic and reporter Michele Steele will provide commentary.
At 4 p.m., Marc Kestecher and Ian Fitzsimmons will call the matchup featuring DeMarco Murray and the Philadelphia Eagles at Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
NFL Matchup: Jaworski on Kansas City at Oakland; Hoge on Seattle at Minnesota; and More
NFL Matchup host Sal Paolantonio and analysts Ron Jaworski and Merril Hoge preview the weekend’s NFL matchups via film-room X’s and O’s analysis Saturday, Dec. 5, at 8:30 a.m. on ESPN2 (re-air on ESPN, Sunday at 4 and 6:30 a.m.). Highlights:
- Jaws Playbook – Kansas City at Oakland: Jaworski shows how the Kansas City Chiefs execute basic route concepts and combine it with great throws by quarterback Alex Smith to produce explosive plays.
- Fine Focus – Houston at Buffalo: Jaworski identifies the variety of techniques and defensive alignments used by the Texans’ defense to put defensive end J.J. Watt in advantageous position to win individual matchups.
- Matchup Extra – Seattle at Minnesota: Hoge explains a Vikings defensive play against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense and shows how the Vikings must replicate the blueprint to stop Russell Wilson and the Seahawks offense.