Airs TONIGHT at Special Time of 6:00 PM ET on NFL Network
MJ Acosta-Ruiz Becomes First Afro-Latina to Host a Show on NFL Network
A new chapter of NFL Network’s signature show NFL Total Access begins TONIGHT at the special time of 6:00 PM ET when recently named host MJ Acosta-Ruiz anchors the program from NFL Network’s studios in Culver City, CA.
“I’m excited and eager to start this next chapter as the host of NFL Total Access,” said Acosta-Ruiz. “For over a decade I have worked tirelessly towards this professional goal. As the first Afro-Latina to host a show on NFL Network, this moment carries a deeper level of appreciation than I can express. I stand here as a reflection of a vast and diverse community of women in sports, and a true testament of how hard work and relentless preparation can lead you to where you were meant to be.”
“We are thrilled for MJ to be the face of NFL Total Access,” said Galen Gordon, NFL Network Vice President – Talent Management. “In just two short years, she has made an incredible impact on the NFL Media Group across all platforms, reaching both English and Spanish-speaking fans. In addition, MJ has been an incredible ambassador for what we do here at NFL Network. As we strive to engage more fans on more screens, I’m encouraged that we have a woman of color leading our daily weeknight show. She’s someone with strong relationships throughout the NFL community who will certainly bring a fresh perspective to our programming.”
Along with the addition of Acosta-Ruiz as host, NFL Total Access will have a new presentation and shift in focus, including the following elements:
- Greater focus on in-depth elements such as Next Gen Stats to break down how positions are performing on a day-to-day basis and provide fans greater insight into the game
- Expanded participation by NFL Network’s reporter group which spans the United States, creating a daily reporters’ notebook to bring fans closer than ever before to NFL news on a local level
- Increased attention on social justice topics and storytelling, providing a voice to the players, coaches and personalities across the league – including NFL Network talent
- All analysts, reporters and contributors will join the show remotely, with Acosta-Ruiz hosting the show from the expansive video wall on the NFL Total Access set located in NFL Network’s Los Angeles-based studios
- Continuation of past staples such as X’s and O’s content, mic’d up segments, Fantasy Football advice, and more
“NFL Total Access will continue to entertain our avid fan base with a diverse production that reflects our league,” said Lya Vallat, NFL Network senior coordinating producer. “We are excited for the fresh perspective that our new host, MJ Acosta-Ruiz, will bring. MJ will lead our team made up of former players, coaches, front office staff and team reporters. Let the games begin!”
NFL Total Access airs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 PM ET, and Thursday following Thursday Night Football on NFL Network, and in addition to Acosta-Ruiz features analysts such as Willie McGinest, James Jones, David Carr, Maurice Jones-Drew, Shaun O’Hara, DeAngelo Hall, Michael Robinson, LaDainian Tomlinson and Kurt Warner on a rotating basis.