TODAY Segments Live from New England’s Gillette Stadium Tomorrow
Features and Segments from NBCUniversal Properties Including The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, E! News, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, The Weather Channel and More
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 9, 2015 – NBCUniversal gets “Back to Football” and will surround its coverage of NFL Kickoff 2015 with a diverse collection of assets participating in NBC Sports’ ‘Big Event Strategy,’ including sports, news and entertainment properties.
NFL Kickoff 2015 on NBC tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 10, features Tom Brady and the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots hosting Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. A pre-game concert will feature multi-platinum singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding and Grammy Award-winning band Train live from San Francisco, as part of the NFL’s On The Fifty campaign dedicated to celebrating the Super Bowl and commemorating Super Bowl 50. Select portions of the concert will air on NBC. Coverage begins at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Sunday Night Football, television’s No. 1 primetime show, kicks off on Sunday, Sept. 13, when Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys host Eli Manning and the New York Giants in an NFC East showdown from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Coverage begins at 7 p.m. ET with Football Night in America, the most-watched studio show in sports.
Below is a summary of the NBCU properties that are supporting NFL Kickoff 2015:
- TODAY: TODAY presented an interview with Carrie Underwood on Monday. On Sunday Underwood returns to SNF with the 2015 edition of “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,” opening theme for Sunday Night Football. TODAY will be on-site at Gillette Stadium tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 10 to contribute live segments. Today, Kathie Lee and Hoda hosted a “Who Knew” NFL trivia segment with NBCSN’s Kay Adams to promote Kickoff with NFL kickoff giveaways.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Carrie Underwood will visit The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallontomorrow to show a sneak peek of the opening theme and will also perform her new single “Smoke Break.”
- E! News: E! News presented an interview with Carrie Underwood to preview the new 2015 “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night” Sunday Night Football open on Tuesday.
- Access Hollywood: Friday’s Access Hollywood takes a look at new 2015 “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night” Sunday Night Football open featuring interviews with Carrie Underwood.
- America’s Got Talent: The show featured NFL Kickoff 2015 related content on Tuesday.
- NBCSN: Pro Football Talk, hosted by Mike Florio, Rodney Harrison and Paul Burmeister, and Fantasy Football Live, hosted by Dave Briggs, will preview the season.
- Golf Channel: Morning Drive will once again preview Kickoff and the premiere of Sunday Night Football.
- The Dan Patrick Show: All week long, Football Night in America and Sunday Night Football talent will be calling into the Dan Patrick Show.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: NBC Sports Group’s 10 regional networks will feature NFL Kickoff 2015 preview pieces.
- NBC Sports Radio: NBC Sports Radio will surround the 2015 NFL season with daily coverage across more than 425 radio affiliates, highlighted by Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison; featuring three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison; the Amani Toomer and Dan Schartzman Show; and Pro Football Talk Live, featuring NFL insider and Football Night In America commentator Mike Florio.
- The Weather Channel: The Weather Channel will update fans on the conditions in Foxborough, Mass., on game day for NFL Kickoff 2015 as well as in Dallas for Sunday Night Football.
- NewsChannel/Affiliates: NBC’s NewsChannel, which feeds all 235 NBC affiliates nationwide, will provide NFL Kickoff 2015 preview pieces.
- Universal Park & Resort: Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles will help promote NBC’s coverage of NFL Kickoff 2015 by featuring NBC Sports-produced trailers and videos on CityWalk’s big outdoor screens along with kickoff signage on print billboards throughout the theme parks.
– NBC SPORTS GROUP –