Hosted by NBC Sports’ NASCAR Features Reporter Rutledge Wood and Motorsports Reporter Kelli Stavast
Off the Grid: Daytona Takes Fans Off the Track and Into the Sights and Sounds of Daytona International Speedway
Interviews with NASCAR Legend Richard Petty, 2015 Daytona 500 Grand Marshal Vince Vaughn, Recent Daytona 500 Winners Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray and Trevor Bayne
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 2, 2015 – NBCSN will debut Off the Grid: Daytona, a NASCAR edition of the NBC Sports Group original program that takes motorsports fans behind the scenes of the world’s most iconic racing destinations, this Friday, July 3 at 7 p.m. ET.
Off the Grid: Daytona gives NASCAR fans an in-depth look at the culture and history surrounding Daytona International Speedway, the site of this weekend’s XFINITY Series Subway Firecracker 250 on NBCSN, and Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola on NBC, as NASCAR returns to NBC this weekend for the first time since 2006.
Hosted by NBC Sports’ NASCAR features reporter Rutledge Wood and motorsports reporter Kelli Stavast, Off The Grid: Daytona discusses NASCAR’s roots in Daytona Beach with features and interviews that highlight the unique atmosphere in and around Daytona International Speedway, including:
- NASCAR legend and seven-time Daytona 500 winner Richard Petty
- Actor and 2015 Daytona 500 grand marshal Vince Vaughn
- Fishing on Lake Lloyd with recent Daytona 500 champion Ryan Newman (2008), and interviews with Jamie McMurray (2010) and Trevor Bayne (2011)
- Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III
- Crew Chief for the Richard Petty Motorsports No. 43 car Trent Owens
- A tour around the infield with fans during the week leading into the Daytona 500
- The origins of stock car racing on Daytona Beach.
NBCSN will air an episode of Off the Grid profiling Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Ala., later this year. Off the Grid debuted last year on NBCSN and has profiled numerous destinations on the Formula One calendar, including Monaco, Barcelona and Melbourne.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–