Across NBC Sports Platforms, Nearly 50 Hours of Live Open Championship Coverage from Royal St George’s; 150-Plus Hours Including Featured Groups and Holes
First Tee Shot to Final Putt Coverage Streaming Entirely On Peacock, Including Eight Hours of Exclusive Coverage
More Than 30 On-Air Talent Including Featured Groups, Studio and News Coverage
GOLF Central Live From the Open – More Than 25 Hours of Live Pre- and Post-Championship Coverage, Beginning Monday, July 12
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 8, 2021 – NBC Sports presents comprehensive live coverage of the 149th Open Championship across NBC, GOLF Channel and Peacock, beginning Thursday, July 15 through Sunday, July 18 from Royal St George’s Golf Club in Kent, England. Pre-championship coverage begins Monday, July 12, with GOLF Central Live From the Open on GOLF Channel.
NBC Sports will present coverage from the first tee shot of the Open to the final putt, totaling nearly 50 hours of live championship coverage Thursday-Sunday — and 150-plus total hours of live coverage from Royal St George’s, including featured groups and featured holes coverage.
For the first time, fans can stream the entire tournament on Peacock, including eight hours of exclusive coverage. All NBC and GOLF Channel tournament coverage will also stream on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
Over the course of the week, more than 30 on-air talent across NBC Sports and Sky Sports will provide live coverage, including featured groups, studio and news coverage across NBC, GOLF Channel, and Peacock.
Beginning Monday, July 12, NBC Sports will surround the tournament with 25 hours of live studio coverage on GOLF Central Live From the Open on GOLF Channel. Throughout the week on Live From, GOLF Channel will present a variety of in-depth features surrounding the 149th Open Championship:
- English Channel Golf: Visiting the hallowed grounds of several of the most renowned courses along the English Channel, including Royal St George’s, Prince’s and Royal Cinque Ports.
- English Golfers: A look into the past history of English players competing in the Open Championship in their native England and lack of success, not having won the Championship in England since Tony Jacklin in 1969.
- Quirky English Golf: Tom Abbott takes a tour of golf clubs throughout the country, from London to Kent, and displays what makes them each quirky and unique from other clubs throughout the world.
- Lee Westwood and Helen Storey: Former World. No. 1 Lee Westwood and caddie Helen Storey have a sit-down conversation with Todd Lewis about their recent marriage, runner-up finish in the 2021 PLAYERS Championship and Westwood’s new outlook on the game of golf.
- Stephen Dillane: English actor Stephen Dillane will narrate all opening teases throughout Championship coverage.
149TH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
- Play by Play: Dan Hicks / Terry Gannon / Steve Sands
- Analyst: Paul Azinger / Justin Leonard / Nick Faldo
- Tower: David Feherty / Gary Koch / Peter Jacobsen / Tom Abbott
- On-Course: Jim “Bones” Mackay / John Wood / Karen Stupples / Notah Begay III
- Essays: Jimmy Roberts
- Interviews/Reports: Todd Lewis / Cara Banks
How To Watch – Thursday, July 15 – Sunday, July 18 (all times ET)
- TV – NBC, GOLF Channel
- Streaming – Peacock, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app
|Date||Peacock||GOLF Channel & Peacock||NBC & Peacock|
|Thursday, July 15||1:30-4 a.m. / 3-4 p.m.||4 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Friday, July 16||1:30-4 a.m. / 3-4 p.m.||4 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Saturday, July 17||5-7 a.m.||7 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Sunday, July 18||4-7 a.m.||7 a.m.-2 p.m.|
Note: All live coverage on NBC and GOLF Channel will simulstream on Peacock Premium
In accordance with local COVID-19 protocols and restrictions, NBC Sports will utilize the world feed for much of its coverage, and many commentators will call the action from NBC Sports’ International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Conn.
NBC Sports will also complement its comprehensive Open Championship coverage with live featured groups Thursday-Sunday, showcasing two morning groups and two afternoon groups each day of the Championship. There will also be a featured holes feed highlighting holes 14, 15 and 16.
Featured groups and holes coverage will be shown live on Peacock. In total, there will be approximately 100-plus hours of complementary digital coverage in 2021. Coverage will be anchored by Sky Sports’ James Haddock, Sophie Walker, Trish Johnson, Richard Boxall, and Gary Murphy.
GOLF Central Live From the Open
Beginning Monday, July 12, NBC Sports will surround the tournament with more than 25 hours of live studio coverage on GOLF Central Live From the Open on GOLF Channel.
- Host: Rich Lerner / Shane Bacon / Anna Whiteley
- Analyst: Brandel Chamblee / Justin Leonard / Arron Oberholser
- Reporter: Todd Lewis / Jamie Diaz / Cara Banks / Damon Hack / Eamon Lynch
|Date||Golf Central – Live From the Open*|
|Monday, July 12||9-11:30 a.m. / 7-9 p.m.|
|Tuesday, July 13||6-9 a.m. / 9 a.m.-2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, July 14||6-9 a.m. / 9 a.m.-2 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 15||3-5 p.m.|
|Friday, July 16||3-5 p.m.|
|Saturday, July 17||3-4 p.m.|
|Sunday, July 18||2-4 p.m.|
|*all times ET, post-round coverage begins following conclusion of play|
All NBC and GOLF Channel coverage also streams on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app via “TV Everywhere,” giving consumers additional value for their subscription service, and making high quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms.
Coverage of The Open Championship will be available on Peacock Premium. Viewers can sign up at peacocktv.com. Peacock is available across a variety of devices, detail available here. Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.