Midshipmen-Fighting Irish Average 3.81 Million Viewers on NBC and Peacock; Up 48% Compared to Notre Dame’s 2022 Season Opener vs. Marshall
Peacock and NBC Sports Digital Platforms Averaged 251,000 Viewers, Most-Streamed Notre Dame Game Ever, Excluding Peacock Exclusive Games
STAMFORD, Conn. – August 29, 2023 – Notre Dame’s dominant 42-3 win over Navy played in Dublin, Ireland, on Saturday averaged a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 3.81 million viewers on NBC, Peacock, and NBC Sports digital platforms, making it the series’ most-watched game in nine years.
Navy-Notre Dame viewership also achieved the following milestones:
- Most-watched Notre Dame season opener on NBC in three years (2020, Duke, 4.42 million TAD)
- Most-watched Notre Dame game on NBC in two years (2021, Cincinnati, 3.97 million TAD)
- Viewership up 48% vs. 2022 season opener against Marshall on NBC (2.57 million TAD) and up 66% vs. 2022 season average on NBC (2.30 million TAD)
- Viewership peaked at nearly 3.97 million TV-only viewers from 3:30-3:45 p.m.
- With an Average Minute Audience (AMA) of 251,000 viewers on Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms, the Navy game ranks as Notre Dame’s most streamed game ever, excluding Peacock exclusive games.
- The AMA for Navy-Notre Dame was up 171% vs. last year’s season opener (Marshall).
NBC Sports’ college football coverage this Saturday includes its first-ever tripleheader:
- At Noon ET, exclusively on Peacock, the Big Ten champion Michigan Wolverines open at “The Big House” against the East Carolina Pirates;
- At 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock, Notre Dame hosts the Tennessee State Tigers in the Fighting Irish’s first game of the season at Notre Dame Stadium;
- At 7:30 p.m. ET, on NBC and Peacock, the Penn State Nittany Lions, Rose Bowl winners this past winter, host the West Virginia Mountaineers at Beaver Stadium in the primetime debut of B1G Saturday Night.