Direct-to-Consumer Live Streaming Product NBC Sports Gold to Provide Live, Commercial-Free Coverage of 2018 Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Paris-Roubaix, and More
New for 2018-19: NBCSN Feed for the Tour de France Featuring NBC Sports Commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen; Data Rich Features for Vuelta a España
NBC Sports Gold “Cycling Pass” Available Now for $49.99
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 12, 2018 – NBC Sports Gold — NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product — has launched its “Cycling Pass” for the 2018-19 season, giving fans in the U.S. access to premiere cycling races from July 2018 through June 2019, beginning with the Tour de France.
The “Cycling Pass” features live, commercial-free, start-to-finish coverage of every stage of the Tour de France, and includes two ways to watch — an ad-free World Feed with nearly 20 bonus hours of coverage, or the NBC Sports telecast feed featuring commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen.
NBC Sports Gold’s live stream of the 2018 Tour de France also includes access to a live GPS tracking map to follow the riders’ progress, an enhanced interactive map for each stage, the ability to pause the video, full stage video replay, highlights, and short‐form video clips, and more. In addition, for the first time, NBC Sports Gold’s coverage of the Vuelta a España will include data rich features in the stream.
The direct-to-consumer pass, powered by Playmaker Media, will stream coverage live and on-demand, to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Cycling Pass” includes live streaming coverage, full event replays, and highlights for all 21 stages of the Grand Tour races Tour de France and Vuelta a España, Monument Classics, including Paris–Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, UCI Mountain Bike and Road World Championships, the Amgen Tour of California, and more. The “Cycling Pass” can be purchased in advance of the 2018 Tour de France for $49.99 starting today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.
Additional elements of NBC Sports Gold’s Tour de France coverage include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- Full event replays of every stage of the 2017 Tour de France
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage
- Full stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including “Feed” for news, “Track” for GPS, “Standings” for rider standings in every jersey category, “Riders” for comprehensive rider information, and “More” for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold’s coverage.
The NBC Sports Gold app is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV V4, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.
Following is the schedule for NBC Sports Gold’s 2018-19 “Cycling Pass”:
- Tour de France – July 7-29, 2018
- La Course by Le Tour – July 17, 2018
- Prudential RideLondon Classique – July 28, 2018
- Prudential RideLondon Classic – July 29, 2018
- Colorado Classic – August 16-19, 2018
- Vuelta a Espana – August 25-September 16, 2018
- Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta – September 16, 2018
- UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – September 8-9, 2018
- UCI Road World Championships – September 23-30, 2018
- Paris-Tours – October 7, 2018
- Santos Tour Down Under – January 13-20, 2019
- Paris-Nice – March 3-10, 2019
- Paris-Roubaix – April 7, 2019
- La Fleche Wallonne, April 17, 2019
- Liege-Bastogne-Liege – April 21, 2019
- Amgen Tour of California – May 12-18, 2019
- Criterium du Dauphine – June 2-9, 2019
- UCI Track Cycling World Cup – TBD
- UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup – TBD
Schedule is subject to change.
NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold — NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product —launched in 2016 with a “Cycling Pass,” which included the 2016 Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Monument Classics such as the Paris Roubaix, and more. In addition to its “Cycling Pass,” NBC Sports Gold includes “Track and Field Pass,” offering access to more than 25 major events; “Rugby Pass,” including every Aviva Premiership Rugby match, select Women’s Rugby World Cup matches, the entire NatWest 6 Nations Championship and the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens, and Champions Cup; “Pro Motocross Pass,” featuring the entire 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship season; “Premier League Pass” giving fans in the U.S. exclusive access to 130 live Premier League matches plus the most robust offering of Premier League shoulder programming ever available in the U.S.; “Blazers Pass” live streaming select Portland Trail Blazers matchups throughout the season; and an international “Notre Dame Football Season Pass,” giving fans in 13 international countries access to every home game during the 2017 season. Recently-announced passes also include “Figure Skating Pass,” with access to live and on-demand domestic and international figure skating competition beginning with the 2018-19 season, and an “IndyCar Pass,” launching in 2019.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–