Monday’s #NASCARThrowback Special Climbs U.S. Twitter Trends
Six Affiliates Joined NASCAR on NBC for the Ride Of Their Life in The NBC Sports On-Track Car – Vote For Your Favorite
NBCSports.com Rolls Out Comprehensive Championship Coverage
NASCAR on NBC Social Handles Provide Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Content from Championship Weekend
STAMFORD, Conn. – November 17, 2016 – NBC Sports is gearing up for the NASCAR Championship races from Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend with complete digital and social coverage surrounding the drivers, race teams, strategies, storylines and fan experiences. The NBC Sports digital platforms encompass the world of racing as coverage kicks off with the XFINITY Series Championship race Saturday at 2 p.m. ET on NBCSN, followed by the Sprint Cup series title race Sunday at 2 p.m. ET on NBC. All on-air coverage from Homestead-Miami Speedway, including NBCSN’s companion Hot Pass coverage on Sunday, will be available streaming on the NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports App and connected devices.
MONDAY’S #NASCARTHROWBACK SPECIAL CLIMBS U.S. TWITTER TRENDS
NBC Sports hosted an interactive watch party Monday evening that combined real time social media posts with the presentation of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship race from Homestead Miami Speedway. The special honored 2011 Champion Tony Stewart who currently stands just three days away from running his final Sprint Cup race and stepping into retirement.
The end result of the social experiment gave Monday Night Football and Dancing with the Stars a run for their money on social, climbing the twitter trends to reach the No. 3 U.S. trending spot on Twitter for over an hour. Stewart joined in on the fun, live tweeting throughout the race, and bringing fans insight into what he was thinking and feeling lap-by-lap. Fellow drivers including Joey Logano, Austin Dillon, Kasey Kahne chimed in along with race teams and the NBC NASCAR on-air team. NBC Sports continues to push the boundary between social and on-air presentations, creating a symbiotic relationship unseen in other sports presentations.
NBC AFFILIATES JOINED NASCAR ON NBC FOR THE RIDE OF THEIR LIFE IN THE NBC SPORTS ON-TRACK CAR – VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE
NBC affiliates from around the country took the ride of their life this season inside the NBC Sports on-track car. At various tracks throughout the season, the anchors buckled their seat belts to ride shotgun as Jeff Burton gave them a comprehensive tour of the raceways at speeds topping 150 mph. Emotions ranged from nervous screams to roller coaster shrieks of joy. Several of the best are compiled on NBCSports.com, for fans to view and vote for their favorite. Click here to cast your vote.
NBCSPORTS.COM ROLLS OUT COMPREHENSIVE CHAMPIONSHIP COVERAGE
NBCSports.com and NASCAR Talk brings racing fans up-to-the-minute news, video and information. The site also serves as the destination for all news, analysis and video from NBC and NBCSN productions of NASCAR.
This week’s content includes:
- A Dustin Long feature story on Tony Stewart as he moves on to the next phase of his career, free of regrets.
- Four separate feature stories by Joe Posnanski for SportsWorld on each of the Championship Sprint Cup drivers, discussing their state of mind entering Sunday’s race. Posnanski also contributes a video essay on Jimmie Johnson’s quest for perfection.
- A two-part Tony Stewart story by NASCAR on NBC’s lead motorsports writer Nate Ryan titled “Smoke Speaks.” The pieces feature a collection of insightful and revealing interviews with Stewart over the years.
- Nate Ryan’s NASCAR on NBC podcast with founder of Motorsports Analytics, David Smith, who breaks down the statistical probability of each of the Championship Four drivers securing the title.
NASCAR Talk hosts a series of video essays and driver vignettes that have aired this week on NASCAR America. Nate Ryan and Dustin Long also provide complete trackside coverage throughout the weekend.
NASCAR ON NBC SOCIAL HANDLES PROVIDE EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES CONTENT THROUGHOUT CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND
NBC Sports’ social media accounts surround Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend with complete coverage of on-track and on-site activities. From live takeovers with on-air talent to interviews with drivers, the NASCAR on NBC handles provide an “all access” pass to this weekend’s festivities and Championship races. On Tuesday, the Championship Four Sprint Cup drivers took over the NASCAR on NBC Facebook page for a live chat with their fans.
- Facebook: The NBC Sports and NASCAR on NBC Facebook accounts will provide users with news from NASCAR Talk, shareable images, and videos.
- Twitter: @NASCARonNBC and @NBCSports will provide real-time news and photos from Miami.
- Instagram: The NBC Sports Instagram account will be a one-stop shop for photos throughout Championship Weekend in Miami, with behind-the-scenes access to NBC’s production.
For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
— NBC SPORTS GROUP —