NBC Sports’ First 2021 NASCAR Races from Nashville on NBCSN Deliver Viewership Gains vs. 2020 and 2019
INDYCAR at Road America is Series’ Most-Watched Race on NBCSN in Five Years, Network’s Third Most-Watched INDYCAR Race on Record
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 22, 2021 – NBC Sports’ coverage of the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series’ return to Nashville and the NTT INDYCAR SERIES at Road America delivered viewership milestones on Saturday and Sunday on NBCSN.
- NBC Sports began its coverage of the 2021 NASCAR season with the Cup Series’ return to Nashville. Sunday’s race at Nashville Superspeedway (4:02-7:40 p.m. ET) averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 2.619 million viewers, up 8% vs. the last time NBC Sports’ season coverage opened in June (Chicagoland, 2.428 million TAD).
- Viewership was up 22% compared to last year’s weekend Cup Series average viewership on NBCSN (2.152 million viewers TAD).
- NBCSN ranked as the No. 1 cable network across all key demos during the race window.
- Saturday’s Xfinity Series race at Nashville Superspeedway on NBCSN (3:50-6:13 p.m. ET) produced a TAD of 1.069 million viewers, up 30% and 26% vs. NBCSN’s average Xfinity Series viewership in 2020 and 2019, respectively. This ranks as NBCSN’s most-watched Xfinity Series race since Homestead in 2019 (1.211 million TAD).
NTT INDYCAR SERIES
- Sunday’s coverage of the NTT INDYCAR SERIES REV Group Grand Prix at Road America produced a TAD of 807,000 viewers, making it the most-watched INDYCAR race on cable since Mid-Ohio in 2016 (NBCSN/CNBC simulcast, 934,000 TAD).
- Overall, Sunday’s race is NBCSN’s third most-watched INDYCAR race on record, behind Mid-Ohio in 2016 and the championship race at Sonoma in 2015.
- NBC Sports is off to its best-ever season of INDYCAR viewership on NBCSN, averaging a TAD of 530,000 viewers across the first three races, up 59% vs. 2020 and 38% vs. 2019.
NBC Sports’ coverage of the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series continues this weekend from Pocono Raceway on NBCSN, while the NTT INDYCAR SERIES returns to action as part of a motorsports Fourth of July weekend celebration live on NBC that will feature both INDYCAR at Mid-Ohio and the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series at Road America.