Eagles’ Victory Draws NBC SNF Record 61 Share in Philadelphia
STAMFORD, Conn. – October 17, 2022 – NBC’s Sunday Night Football, primetime’s #1 show for an unprecedented 11 consecutive years and pacing to finish atop the charts for a 12th season, last night delivered its largest Week 6 audience since 2015, averaging a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of approximately 22.2 million viewers as the Philadelphia Eagles remained unbeaten with a 26-17 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
The 22.2 million viewers, based on preliminary data, across NBC TV, Peacock, NBC Sports Digital, and NFL Digital platforms tops last year’s Week 6 SNF game by 28% (Seahawks-Steelers, OT, 17.4 million).
Additional viewership notes:
- Last night’s game is the most watched Cowboys-Eagles SNF matchup since 2015 (six-game stretch).
- Cowboys-Eagles is the most-watched primetime show on any network since Week 1 (NBC Sports’ presentation of Buccaneers-Cowboys on Sept. 11).
- Led by Peacock, Cowboys-Eagles topped by 67% last season’s Week 6 SNF live streaming viewership. The game registered an Average Minute Audience of 1.51 million viewers across Peacock, NBC Sports Digital, and NFL Digital Properties.
- Last night’s game (8:23 p.m.-11:24 p.m. ET) registered a national TV household rating of 11.0/27 – up 22% from last year’s Week 6 matchup (9.0/21).
- The game delivered a 61 share in Philadelphia (percentage of homes in the market with TVs in use and people watching Cowboys-Eagles) which is the highest on record in Philadelphia for the Eagles on NBC’s Sunday Night Football (38 games).
Viewership figures are based upon preliminary data from Nielsen and Adobe Analytics. Official national data for NBC will be available tomorrow.
TOP METERED MARKETS FOR COWBOYS-EAGLES (based on 44 markets available):
–SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL–