Unstoppable: Bernard King to Air Wednesday, Sept. 4, at 7 p.m.
NBA.com to Provide Extensive Coverage of Hall of Fame Festivities
NBA TV will exclusively televise the 2013 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony from Springfield, Mass., on Sunday, Sept. 8, at 2 p.m. ET. The network’s comprehensive Hall of Fame coverage will include retrospective specials featuring Gary Payton and Bernard King, two members of this year’s class. Highlights include:
· Looking Back at Gary Payton (Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 7 p.m.): “The Glove” discusses his upbringing in Oakland, Calif., his time at Oregon State, and his Hall of Fame career, which included nine NBA All-Star appearances, in a conversation with Kevin Calabro, the long-time TV voice of the Seattle Supersonics.
· Unstoppable: Bernard King (Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 7 p.m.): The four-time NBA All-Star returns to his Brooklyn roots to reflect on a journey that took him from playground legend to NBA scoring sensation, one that included spectacular performances and an amazing comeback from a devastating injury.
Along with Payton and King, this year’s Hall of Fame class features ABA legend Roger Brown; 30-year NBA executive and former President of USA Basketball Russ Granik; six-time NBA All-Star and 1968 NBA Coach of the Year Richard Guerin; basketball pioneer Dr. E.B. Henderson; University of Houston five-time NCAA Final Four head coach Guy Lewis; college coaching legend and three-time National Coach of the Year Sylvia Hatchell; two-time NCAA champion and seven-time NCAA Final Four head coach Rick Pitino; one of FIBA’s 50 Greatest Players Oscar Schmidt; five-time WNBA All-Star Dawn Staley; and UNLV coaching legend and 1990 NCAA Champion Jerry Tarkanian.
NBA TV’s Hall of Fame programming will also include:
· Bluegrass Kingdom: The Gospel of Kentucky Basketball (Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10 p.m.): A critically-acclaimed documentary featuring the history of the program, which was coached by Pitino from 1989-1997.
· Encore presentations of specials featuring other Hall of Famers including Looking Back at Reggie (Thursday, Sept. 5 at 2 p.m.), which offers a special look at Reggie Miller’s illustrious career, and Mr. Russell’s House (Thursday, Sept. 5 at 11 p.m.) featuring an exclusive visit to the home of 11-time NBA champion Bill Russell as he reflects on his life as an activist and NBA icon.
· A series of Hardwood Classics showcasing some of the most memorable games involving this year’s Hall of Fame class.
· NB90’s (Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 10 p.m.): Featuring interviews and highlights of Hall of Famers including Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and Karl Malone, the NB90’s series brings perspective and humor to the top NBA stories of the 1990s.
NBA.com will offer extensive Hall of Fame content including video of each inductee’s speech posted immediately following the enshrinement ceremony. The site will also provide extensive coverage via a special Hall of Fame page with profiles for each of the inductees, photo galleries and video packages. Additionally, NBA.com will provide fans with multiple live streams of the festivities including:
· The 2013 Hall of Fame press conference on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 2 p.m. and the Reunion & Awards Dinner at 6 p.m. The press conference will also be available on NBA TV.
· The 2013 Red Carpet on Sunday, Sept. 8, at 1 p.m. with host Jared Greenberg and NBA.com reporter Scott Howard-Cooper interviewing arriving guests.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.