NBA.com’s “Playermetrics 360-Degree Camera” to Offer In-Depth Prospect Information;
Sprint to Deliver Live Broadcast of Draft on Mobile
Current Georgetown Head Coach John Thompson III to Join NBA TV’s Draft Coverage
NBA Digital will provide fans with extensive coverage across multiple screens leading up to, and continuing throughout, the 2012 NBA Draft presented by State Farm from Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on Thursday, June 28. Leading up to the draft, the network will premiere NBA TV Draft HQ on Friday, June 22, at 7 p.m. ET with host Vince Cellini, Steve Kerr, Mike Fratello and Ron Thompson offering an insiders’ look of the draft process from the perspectives of a former NBA GM, coach, and scout.
Additionally, NBA.com will debut a “Playermetrics 360-Degree Camera,” an application on the site which will allow fans to use 360-degree camera views to review key player information (e.g. height, wingspan, reach, etc.) on each draft prospect.
On June 28, NBA TV will air the 2012 NBA Draft Preview at 5:30 p.m. ET with current Georgetown Head Coach John Thompson III joining host Vince Cellini, analysts Seth Davis, Greg Anthony, Steve Smith and reporter David Aldridge as they count down to the draft with breaking news, updates, and predictions.
Following the draft, NBA TV will air the 2012 NBA Draft Recap at midnight highlighting all the night’s events, including interviews with the top picks. NBA.com will feature video interviews with draft prospects from the green room, along with social commentary via Facebook and Twitter.
Sprint customers will be able to view a live broadcast of the draft, as well as receive access to a real-time draft board, draft alerts, breaking news, and video highlights, through the Sprint NBA Mobile app available in Google Play on Android 2.2 and 2.3 phones, and through the NBA Game Time app on iPhones offered in the app store. NBA Mobile will provide instant alerts and breaking news updates on draft picks for all fans through the NBA Game Time app.
During the week, additional content across NBA TV, NBA.com, and NBA Mobile for the 2012 NBA Draft presented by State Farm will include:
- 2012 NBA Draft Preview: The Lottery (Monday, June 25, 8 p.m. ET) – host Vince Cellini and analyst Sam Mitchell and sports reporter Chris Dortch will examine the needs of the 12 lottery teams and provide a forecast of each team’s potential picks.
- Coming Attractions (Wednesday, June 27, 7 p.m. ET) – host Vince Cellini, analyst Seth Davis and sports reporter Chris Dortch will review the NBA.com “mock drafts” and preview potential selections on draft night.
- NBA Draft Review (Friday, June 29, 7 p.m. ET- Eastern Conference; 8 p.m. ET- Western Conference) – Matt Winer and Vince Cellini will share hosting responsibilities, working alongside analyst Greg Anthony and former NBA scout Ron Thompson to analyze the draft picks for every NBA team.
- “NBA Rooks: The Journey Begins” (Friday, June 29, 9 p.m. ET) – this half-hour special will provide viewers with an exclusive all-access look following six of the top 2012 draft prospects – including Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers, and Tyler Zeller – in the weeks leading up to, and during, NBA Draft night.
- “Playermetrics 360-Degree Camera” – an application on the site which will allow fans to use 360-degree camera views to review key player information (e.g. height, wingspan, reach, etc.) on each prospect which was recorded during the combine. Click the link to see a photo: http://sports.turner.com/NBA/playermetrics/
- Exclusive Video Interviews – reporter Craig Sager will interview draft picks moments after they’ve been selected with each interview featured on NBA TV and NBA.com.
- Live Chats – NBA.com writer John Schuhmann will be on site and online to chat live with fans about activity surrounding one of the biggest nights in a player’s career.
- Social Spotlight – NBA.com will showcase the best tweets, photos and videos from players, fans and NBA.com writers through NBA.com’s Social Spotlight, a dynamic mosaic that flips every few seconds to highlight the conversation in the social media space.
- Virtual Green Room – featuring interviews conducted by Craig Sager, NBA.com will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the prospects as they tour New York City, get fitted for suits to wear on draft night, meet the media and other moments leading up to the NBA Draft presented by State Farm.
- Sprint NBA Mobile – Sprint customers will be able to view a live broadcast of the draft, as well as receive access to a real-time draft board, draft alerts, breaking news, and video highlights, through the Sprint NBA Mobile app available in Google Play on Android 2.2 and 2.3 phones, and through the NBA Game Time app on iPhones offered in the app store.
- NBA Game Time – fans on-the-go can receive instant alerts, breaking news, draft updates, and watch draft videos with NBA Game Time, the league’s digital app.
- Courtside – users also can follow the big draft board through NBA Game Time Courtside, the official tablet application of the NBA, available via the iTunes App Store.
- NBA.com/mobile – the NBA.com mobile web site will provide users with an enhanced experience including a draft board, player profiles, and team picks.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.
– 30 –