2011 NBA Draft Week presented by Kia Motors
NBA TV Coverage to Feature More than 150 Hours of Exclusive Draft-Focused Programming
NBA Digital will provide fans with all-access coverage leading up to, and continuing throughout, the 2011 NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors from Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on Thursday, June 23. NBA TV will cover its 12th consecutive NBA Draft featuring more than 150 hours of exclusive draft-focused programming. “Draft Week on NBA TV” began with 13 hours on Sunday and continues with 20 hours on Monday, 24-hour round-the-clock coverage Tuesday-Friday, June 21-24 and concludes with 22 hours on Saturday, June 25. NBA.com will feature video interviews from draft prospects in the Green Room and social commentary via Facebook and Twitter and NBA Mobile will provide instant alerts and breaking news updates on draft picks through NBA Game Time, the league’s digital app.
- The 2011 NBA Draft Preview Presented by Kia Motors (Thursday, June 23, 6 p.m. ET): Host Rick Kamla and analysts Steve Smith, Sports Illustrated and SI.com’s Seth Davis and NBA Insider David Aldridge will deliver analysis on draft picks, breaking news updates and storylines before selections are made. Following the draft, the NBA TV crew will recap the draft picks during the 2011 NBA Draft Recap Presented by Kia Motors at Midnight (ET). In addition to pre- and post-draft analysis, Matt Winer will host the Instant Analysis segment on key draft selections that will be available exclusively on NBA.com.
- Exclusive Video Interviews: Reporter Craig Sager will be live at Prudential Center to interview players moments after they have been selected in the draft. Each interview will be featured on NBA TV and NBA.com.
- Live Chats: NBA.com writer John Schuhmann will be on-site and on-line to chat live with fans about activity surrounding the biggest night in a rookie’s career.
- Social Media Commentary: Social media correspondent LaChina Robinson will monitor the on-going conversation and provide updates via the NBA Facebook page (Facebook.com/nba) and Twitter account (www.twitter.com/nba).
- Virtual Green Room: Featuring interviews conducted by Craig Sager, NBA.com will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the prospects as they go through their NBA indoctrination from touring New York City to being fitted for suits that they will wear on draft night to meeting with the media to the moments leading up to the NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors.
- Instant Alerts: NBA Game Time, the league’s digital app, will provide fans on-the-go with instant alerts on breaking news and draft updates.
During the week, additional studio programming will include:
- To tip-off the week, NBA TV featured the “2011 NBA Draft Lottery Preview Show Presented by Kia Motors,” (Sunday, June 19 at 8 p.m. ET). The one-hour show hosted by Rick Kamla with analysts Steve Smith and Greg Anthony focused exclusively on the 12 lottery selecting teams and provided a breakdown on each team’s potential picks.
- · NBA Draft Prospect Park (Monday, June 20, 8 p.m. ET): Host Matt Winer, analyst Greg Anthony and sports journalist Chris Dortch will take a detailed look at the prospects from across the country and around the world.
- · The Jump on NBA.com Draft Special (Tuesday, June 21, 8:30 p.m. ET): During a special episode of The Jump on NBA.com host Kyle Montgomery, analysts Dennis Scott and Brent Barry and ‘chat-master’ Sekou Smith will provide a lighter approach on the 2011 NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors. Fans can participate by submitting their comments via Twitter and Facebook while the crew will respond and give their comments and analysis on everything happening around the draft. The Jump on NBA.com Draft Special will re-air on NBA TV at 5 p.m. ET.
- · NBA Draft: Coming Attractions (Wednesday, June 22, 8 p.m. ET): Host Marc Fein, analysts Brent Barry and Seth Davis will review the NBA.com “mock drafts” to anticipate possible selections for the draft.
- · NBA Draft Review (Friday, June 24, 7-9 p.m. ET): Host Matt Winer, Former Memphis Grizzlies Head Coach and Current Team Ukraine Head Coach Mike Fratello, NBA Insider David Aldridge and former NBA scout Ron Thompson break down each division team-by- team to assess the impact of the draft.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.
– 30 –