NBA.com unveiled the results of its Fourth Annual Rookie Survey in which 39 NBA rookies shared their opinions on topics such as Rookie of the Year, Most Overlooked Rookie, Most Athletic, Best Shooter and Best Playmaker. The anonymous survey was conducted during the annual NBA Rookie Photo Shoot which took place earlier this week at the New York Knicks’ Training Center in Tarrytown, New York. Rookies were not allowed to vote for themselves or their college or NBA teammates.
(Click the link above to view full results)
Top vote-getters for this year’s NBA.com Rookie Survey:
- New Orleans’ Anthony Davis – Rookie of the Year (47.1 percent of vote) and Best NBA Career (40.6 percent)
- Golden State’ Draymond Green, Oklahoma City’s Perry Jones, Orlando’s Andrew Nicholson and Memphis’ Tony Wroten – Most Overlooked Rookie (8.8 percent, four-way tie)
- Toronto’s Quincy Acy and Oklahoma City’s Perry Jones – Most Athletic (17.6 percent, tie)
- Atlanta’s John Jenkins – Best Shooter (48.6 percent)
- Charlotte’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – Best Defender (28.6 percent)
- Phoenix’s Kendall Marshall – Best Playmaker (45.7 percent)
- Boston’s Fab Melo – Funniest Rookie (22.9 percent)
Additionally, 38.6 percent of rookies surveyed said the biggest adjustment for playing in the NBA will be the speed and pace of the game. The rookie class named Miami’s LeBron James as their favorite player in the league with 31 percent of the vote.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
– 30 –