NBA.com Sees More than 200 Million Video Streams, a Triple-Digit Increase;
NBA Game Time App downloads delivered an 87% increase
NBA Digital across online and mobile platforms delivered record-breaking traffic for the First Round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs with a triple-digit increase in video streams and more than 600 million page views, while NBA Mobile delivered 87 % increase in downloads. Highlights include:
NBA.com saw increased growth for video streams and page views during the first round of the 2011 Playoffs.
- More than 200 million videos were viewed during the First Round, an increase of 101% from last year’s coverage.
- More than 7.5 million average daily uniques during the First Round, an increase of 68% from 2010.
- More than 600 million page views were viewed, an increase of 29% from last year’s coverage.
Source: Omniture, NBA Internal Data
- NBA GameTime App downloads delivered an 87% increase across all platforms from last year. (Sources: Apple, Google, RIM)
As the Playoffs progress, NBA Digital will continue to serve as the home for NBA fans with its postseason coverage. Highlights include:
- NBA TV’s wall-to-wall coverage including pre- and postgame analysis, press conferences, complete game playbacks of every playoff game, and encore presentations of NBA GameTime.
- Extensive video highlights on NBA.com in addition to NBA Playoffs Pulse, the social media application that lets users track conversations, vote, and share content in real-time about NBA players and teams and vote for their social media MVP.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.