Site enjoys 1.2 billion page views and triple digit increase in video streams for Playoffs; NBA Mobile downloads are up 83%
Since the start of the NBA Playoffs, NBA Digital continues its record-setting pace across online and mobile platforms with 1.2 billion page views and a triple digit increase in video streams. While NBA Mobile downloads for NBA GameTime are up 83% compared to last year. Highlights include:
- 1.2 billion page views were viewed, an increase of 40% from last year’s coverage.
- 417 million videos were viewed, an increase of 132% YOY.
- 8.2 million average daily uniques, an increase of 78% from 2010.
Source: Omniture, NBA Internal Data
- NBA GameTime App downloads are up 83% YOY. (Sources: Apple, Google, RIM)
- Since the start of the playoffs, NBA mobile apps have received more than 500,000 downloads.
Since the first tip-off of the 2011 NBA Playoffs, NBA Digital has provided extensive coverage online and on mobile. As a result, NBA.com and NBA Mobile delivered record-breaking traffic in video streams and page views for the first round.
As the Playoffs progress, NBA Digital will continue to serve as the home for NBA fans with its postseason coverage. Highlights include:
- NBA TV’s wall-to-wall coverage including pre- and postgame analysis, press conferences, complete game playbacks of every playoff game, and encore presentations of NBA GameTime.
- Extensive video highlights on NBA.com in addition to NBA Playoffs Pulse, the social media application that lets users track conversations, vote, and share content in real-time about NBA players and teams, as well as vote for their social media MVP.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.