Telemundo’s TV-Only Viewership for El Tri’s 2-1 Victory Peaked at 7.61 Million
Mexico-South Korea is Most-Watched Livestream Event in Spanish-language History, with 574,000 Average Minute Audience Also Largest in Spanish-language World Cup History
Telemundo Deportes’ Peak Concurrent Livestreaming of Mexico-South Korea Delivers Largest Non-Super Bowl Audience in NBC Sports Digital History
Telemundo Deportes Has Delivered More than 1 BILLION Livestream Minutes for 2018 World Cup
MOSCOW – June 24, 2018 – Mexico’s 2-1 victory over South Korea in yesterday’s FIFA World Cup Russia match delivered multiplatform milestones for Telemundo Deportes.
Telemundo Deportes’ momentum continues to build as the tournament progresses through the Group Stage. The network has already broadcast two of the nine most-watched World Cup matches in Spanish-language history, while Telemundo Deportes’ digital offering has delivered more than 1 BILLION livestream minutes.
TOTAL AUDIENCE DELIVERY
- Mexico-South Korea averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 7.2 million viewers across Telemundo, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the Telemundo Deportes En Vivo and NBC Sports apps, according to live plus same day fast national data released today by Nielsen, and digital data from Adobe Analytics.
TOPS ON TELEVISION
- Telemundo averaged 6.6 million TV-only viewers for Mexico-South Korea in the two-hour match window and 6.02 million for the full coverage (10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET), ranking as the network’s second most-watched sporting event ever (behind last Sunday’s Mexico-Germany match) and the 9th most-watched World Cup match in Spanish-language history (393 matches through Saturday, including World Cup finals, since 1994).
- Television-only viewership of Mexico-South Korea peaked at 7.61 million viewers from 12:30-12:45 p.m. ET.
- The Mexico-South Korea game reached over 9.7 million viewers.
- Telemundo Deportes’ complete Saturday coverage from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. ET averaged 3.1 million television viewers ranking as the most-watched Saturday daytime in Telemundo history, topping by 72% the prior record set during last Saturday’s World Cup coverage (1.8 million on 6/16/18). This was the ninth consecutive day that Telemundo set a daytime viewership record.
- Telemundo Deportes’ presentation of Mexico-South Korea peaked at 665,000 concurrent livestreams marking the largest audience for any non-Super Bowl in NBC Sports Digital history. Live streaming of the World Cup on TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes En Vivo and NBC Sports apps is powered by NBC Sports Group’s Playmaker Media.
- During Saturday’s coverage, Telemundo Deportes surpassed 1 BILLION livestream minutes of World Cup action delivered.
- Telemundo Deportes’s Average Minute Audience (AMA) for Mexico-South Korea was 574,000 viewers – the highest Spanish-language AMA for any World Cup match in U.S. history.
- With 5.2 million livestreams, Mexico-South Korea is the most-watched livestream event in Spanish-language history. With 78 million minutes viewed, it surpasses the tournament’s previous high (Argentina vs. Croatia) by 15%.
Telemundo 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Live Match Viewership (based on two-hour game window only)
|Match, Date||TAD Average||Telemundo-only Avg. Viewership|
|Russia-Saudi Arabia, 6/14||1.53 million viewers||1.37 million viewers|
|Egypt-Uruguay, 6/15||1.31 million viewers||1.19 million viewers|
|Morocco-Iran, 6/15||1.06 million viewers||946,000 viewers|
|Portugal-Spain, 6/15||2.14 million viewers||1.85 million viewers|
|France-Australia, 6/16||546,000 viewers||490,000 viewers|
|Argentina-Iceland, 6/16||2.38 million viewers||2.21 million viewers|
|Peru-Denmark, 6/16||2.60 million viewers||2.45 million viewers|
|Croatia-Nigeria, 6/16||2.04 million viewers||1.94 million viewers|
|Costa Rica-Serbia, 6/17||1.74 million viewers||1.66 million viewers|
|Mexico-Germany, 6/17||7.41 million viewers||7.12 million viewers|
|Brazil-Switzerland, 6/17||4.54 million viewers||4.35 million viewers*|
|Sweden-South Korea, 6/18||817,000 viewers||700,000 viewers|
|Belgium-Panama, 6/18||1.83 million viewers||1.62 million viewers|
|Tunisia-England, 6/18||1.68 million viewers||1.48 million viewers|
|Columbia-Japan, 6/19||1.78 million viewers||1.52 million viewers|
|Poland-Senegal, 6/19||1.40 million viewers||1.20 million viewers|
|Russia-Egypt, 6/19||1.49 million viewers||1.26 million viewers|
|Portugal-Morocco, 6/20||1.51 million viewers||1.27 million viewers|
|Uruguay-Saudi Arabia, 6/20||1.67 million viewers||1.39 million viewers|
|Iran-Spain, 6/20||1.95 million viewers||1.63 million viewers|
|Denmark-Australia, 6/21||1.08 million viewers||913,000 viewers|
|France-Peru, 6/21||2.32 million viewers||1.95 million viewers|
|Argentina-Croatia, 6/21||2.56 million viewers||2.03 million viewers|
|Brazil-Costa Rica, 6/22||1.90 million viewers||1.56 million viewers|
|Nigeria-Iceland, 6/22||1.63 million viewers||1.34 million viewers|
|Serbia-Switzerland, 6/22||1.62 million viewers||1.41 million viewers|
|Belgium-Tunisia, 6/23||1.40 million viewers||1.27 million viewers|
|South Korea-Mexico, 6/23||7.17 million viewers||6.60 million viewers|
|Germany-Sweden, 6/23||3.75 million viewers||3.43 million viewers|
|Average||2.24 million viewers||2.01 million viewers|
(*Includes NBCSN Simulcast)
Source: Nielsen, L+SD, fast nationals, 6/14/18-6/23/18; fast cume based on 6 minute qualifier. Adobe Analytics. TAD is based on match window duration.
Media Contact: Eva Mejicanos
firstname.lastname@example.org | M: 305.799.5310