PARTICIPANTS (in order of appearance)
- Sarina Morales, ESPN’s Social Media Correspondent
- Reese Waters, SportsCenter Fan Correspondent
- Daveed Diggs, Rapper, Writer and Tony Award-Nominated Actor, Hamilton
- Leslie Odom, Jr., Tony Award-Nominated Actor and Singer, Hamilton
- Ed Erhardt, President, Global Sales and Marketing, ESPN
- Alison Overholt, Editor-in-Chief, ESPN The Magazine and espnW
- Michael Smith, His and Hers Co-Host
- Jemele Hill, His and Hers Co-Host
- Jessica Mendoza, MLB Analyst
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals Outfielder
- Sean McDonough, Monday Night Football Play-by-Play Commentator
- Jon Gruden, Monday Night Football Analyst
- Brett Favre, Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame Quarterback
- Wendell Scott, Senior Vice President, Multimedia Sales, ESPN
- Scott Van Pelt, SportsCenter Anchor, Golf Analyst
- Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets Pitcher
- Kenny Mayne, SportsCenter Anchor
- Patricia Betron, Senior Vice President, Multimedia Sales, ESPN
- Rece Davis, College Basketball & Football Studio Host and SportsCenter Anchor
- Stephen A. Smith, First Take Commentator
- Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers Point Guard
- Eric Johnson, Executive Vice President, Global Multimedia Sales, ESPN
- John Skipper, Co-Chairman Disney and ESPN Media Networks and President, ESPN
- Arlen Roth, Legendary Guitarrist and Recording Artist
- University of Alabama’s Big Al, Western Kentucky University’s Big Red, Wake Forest University’s Demon Deacon, New York Mets’ Mr. Met, the Los Angeles Laker Girls, Denver Broncos’ Miles, Baltimore Orioles’ The Oriole Bird, Syracuse University’s Otto The Orange, University of Maryland’s Testudo, Boston Red Sox’s Wally the Green Monster and Villanova University’s Will D. Cat.
SHOW ANNOUNCEMENTS and RELATED PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS
The Undefeated Launch (Full release)
- ESPN’s new website launches today, providing in-depth reporting, commentary and insight on race and culture through the lens of sports.
- To acknowledge the launch, at 7 a.m. ET ESPN executed a “roadblock” whereby every U.S. based network played The Undefeated launch video.
- Launch sponsors include Ford and MetroPCS.
Live Connect (Full release)
- ESPN introducing LiveConnect – a new product offering for advertisers that considers the emotional state of fans to determine which advertising will resonate best in the moment.
- LiveConnect utilizes data and marries it with the live sports environment.
- ESPN will work with clients to create a variety of messages and then deliver a different execution, based upon the outcomes in live games and highlights and a fan’s anticipated emotional state.
Total Audience/Out of Home Measurement
- Nielsen is adding Out of Home as part of the Total Audience Measurement initiative, which will capture previously unmeasured audience to ESPN’s linear TV content.
- ESPN is the first and most significant mover to prime the advertising marketplace with this measure; Nielsen is targeting 2017 to have OOH as part of their regular currency.
- Early data demonstrates that ESPN’s reach out of home extends to an audience that is younger, more female, more multicultural and attentive.
- Data will be delivered in a similar way to current ratings so that ESPN can provide advertisers post reports on the measurement.
- ESPN previews its upcoming slate including the first-ever 30 for 30 documentary event “OJ: Made in America,” debuting on June 11 on ABC. (Trailer available here).
- The next installment in the Emmy Award-winning 30 for 30 series will be “Doc & Darryl,” premiering Thursday, July 14, at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN. Directors Judd Apatow (“Trainwreck,” “This Is 40”) and Michael Bonfiglio (“You Don’t Know Bo”) will explore the lives and careers of former New York Mets superstars, the young flame thrower, Dwight “Doc” Gooden and feared power hitter Darryl Strawberry.
WatchESPN Access on Android TV (Full release)
- Beginning today, WatchESPN access through the ESPN app can be found in the Play Store on any Android TV and will be included in all new Nexus Players.
- In addition to live streaming access to ESPN networks, the app will include short-form video clips and ESPN Classic on-demand.
EURO 2016 (Full release)
- ESPN to deliver comprehensive coverage of EURO 2016 across multiple platforms worldwide.
- The multiplatform approach will share resources and complement coverage between WatchESPN, ESPN3, ESPNFC.com, ESPNDeportes.com and ESPN.com editions in the U.S., UK, India and Australia.
- A new slate of global digital-exclusive shows will highlight in-depth coverage of the tournament on ESPNFC.com, ESPNDeportes.com and ESPN.com.
College Football Opening Weekend (Full release)
- ESPN kicks off the 2016 college football season with its best opening weekend schedule ever including a tripleheader on both ESPN and ABC on Saturday, Sept. 3, and prime time games on Sunday, Sept. 4, and Monday, Sept. 5.
NFL Wild Card Playoff (Full release)
- For the second straight year, ESPN’s National Football League Wild Card playoff game will be simulcast on ABC during the 2016-17 season.
- The game – as well as the Postseason NFL Countdown pregame show – will air on both networks during the NFL Wild Card Weekend (January 7-8, 2017).