HULU TO OFFER NFL CONTENT
Emmy Award Winning NFL Films Produced Shows Now Available On Hulu
The NFL and Hulu have partnered to offer football fans a new way to find and enjoy NFL action this offseason with access to award winning shows containing historical game footage online at www.hulu.com/nfl. Hulu is an online video service that offers hit TV shows, movies and clips at Hulu.com and other online destination sites.
The NFL Network section on Hulu launches with nine different NFL programs featuring videos from all 32 teams.
The partnership allows fans to access more than 600 videos and more than 400 hours of NFL content online, much of which previously only existed on film.
“We’re really excited to partner with the NFL to bring their popular shows, classic games and highlights from the NFL Films vault online for the first time,” said ANDY FORSSELL, SVP of Content Acquisition and Distribution at Hulu. “The NFL Team has done such amazing work over the years in beautifully portraying the drama and excitement that occurs every Sunday in the NFL, and we are proud to be able to help more people find and enjoy this great content. As our relationship continues to grow, we look forward to adding more great NFL Films videos to the Hulu service.”
“We’re excited to make all of this great historical content from NFL Films and NFL Network available on Hulu,” said HANS SCHROEDER, vice president of media strategy and development for the NFL. “This is a continuation of our efforts to give NFL fans access to more content in more places throughout the year.”
The nine programs that currently are on Hulu are:
- AMERICA’S GAME: THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS: The Emmy award winning America’s Game series tells the stories behind the story of Super Bowl champions. Each episode is a 60-minute documentary featuring key members of the winning team telling behind-the-scenes accounts from their championship season. With classic NFL Films action combined with news clips and photos, highlights from team radio broadcasts, footage from inside team meeting rooms, sideline audio and other exclusive features, America’s Game provides an epic and intimate portrait of 42 distinct championship teams, in one groundbreaking series.
- GAME OF THE WEEK: Current and classic NFL games are featured in Game of the Week, a 60-minute condensed version of a full game. The series takes fans inside an NFL game highlighting outstanding performances and crucial plays. NFL Network Game of the Week will review the game quarter-by-quarter, showing fans how 4th-quarter plays are set up by what happened earlier in the game. Game of the Week uses NFL Films signature slow-motion cinematography and sideline sound to give fans a unique and in-depth perspective of how the game was won.
- GREATEST GAMES: NFL Films Greatest Games series explores in-depth the most memorable games in NFL history. Relive all the drama of classic NFL match ups on these 90-minute shows as NFL Films reconstructs the games using archival footage and original radio calls.
- HARD KNOCKS: Hard Knocks presents viewers with an inside look at NFL training camps. From the top coaches to the rookies trying to make the team, Hard Knocks will showcase what it takes to be in the NFL. Currently, fans can watch the seasons featuring the 2001 Baltimore Ravens; 2002 Dallas Cowboys; 2003 Jacksonville Jaguars; 2007 Kansas City Chiefs; and the 2008 Dallas Cowboys.
- LIVE WIRE: Live Wire showcases the best sounds from the weekend’s NFL game action. The Live Wire series delivers exclusive sound captured from microphones worn by players and coaches during the game.
- SEASON IN REVIEW: The story of each NFL season from 1993 – 2005 as told by NFL Films.
- SOUNDS OF THE GAME: This highlight show recaps the best press conference moments of the past week, along with game footage and sound to illustrate coaches’ and players’ comments.
- SUPER BOWL HIGHLIGHTS: NFL Films tells the story of the biggest sporting event of the year – the Super Bowl. A special re-telling of the story of the first 43 Super Bowls with the inside look that only NFL Films can provide. Slow motion cinematic shots, sideline sounds, and players and coaches wired-for-sound bring the excitement of the NFL’s premier game to life.
- TEAM HIGHLIGHTS: Every year, each football team has the chance to climb the NFL mountain. NFL Films looks back at the story of each team’s season – the biggest wins, hardest losses, and the players that perform every Sunday.
# # #